“great chile relleno” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 139 Restaurants in Ellicott City
baltimore
“great chile relleno”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

finally a decent chile relleno in our area…..I like them with cheese and it was very good…..most places around here don't do them right….service excellent and salsa and chips very good….I will be back with friends to try some other things on the menu….the room was nice….not awesome but clean and nicely decorated….just kind of ordinary…my only complaint was the loud tv at the bar….would have much preferred mexican music….

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Great food and even better service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We decided to visit after hearing great reviews of this new TexMex restaurant and were definitely NOT disappointed. The food was very good and the portions were so large we could only finish half. They give you both mild and spicy salsa (the latter being especially good) along with a basket of hot chips, and, unlike many places, they keep you stocked up until you cry "uncle!". The con queso was also excellent, especially the blanco (white) version. But what really made the visit great was the service. Everyone was very friendly but our waitress, Nathalia, really stood out. She was absolutely exceptional -- the best we've encountered in a long, long time. We'll definitely be going back!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Yippie Yi Yay, Real Tex-Mex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Ernesto's is part of a chain of restaurants that is based in Texas. The interior is simple with a warm relaxed Southwest feeling. There isn't loud music or gaudy decorations. It's designed to complement your experience, not be the experience. You can have an adult conversation without screaming.

The staff is friendly, gracious and efficient. I have had lunch and dinner there on different occasions when they were busy. The staff did not rush us, nor did they make us wait too long for our meal. They brought fresh chips and two different types of homemade salsa within a couple of minutes of being seated.

The salsas are marvelous. I don't like hot, but my friends who ate the hot version loved it. I truly enjoyed the mild, and the fact that they brought each of us our own mild salsa serving made it even more enjoyable. I don't know exactly what they put on their steamed vegetables, but they are the best veggies one could hope for. I've had three different chicken dishes (my one friend and I split two dished between us) and they were all good. I added the shrimp to my one order and it was worth the upcharge.

I definitely plan on making this my go-to restaurant when I want to eat out and have a family or adult experience. The atmosphere, food quality, and pricing are all top notch. Lunch is around $10pp, dinner is around $15pp without drinks. They have a very nice happy hour M-F from 2-7pm. Enjoy

• Visited October 2013