“Grandson loves trains.” 5 of 5 stars

410-461-1944
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: A holiday exhibit of model trains is found at this rail museum in Ellicott City
Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grandson loves trains.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went with our youngest grandson because he loves trains and he got onto every train their,he asked many questions about the trains.And him and his pop had great day.He still talks about the train museum.Nice place with a lot of history.

Visited July 2012

Baltimore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great for the kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My 3 year old daughter loves trains, so we stopped in to check it out. Cost ~ $12 for our admission, which I thought was reasonable. She had a blast climbing in and out of the caboose, looking at the models (the Thomas the Train model was a big hit!). I enjoyed looking at the old artifacts and learning a bit about the B&O history (I could've gotten more out of it but I was busy chasing her around). It just so happened that a real train rode past while we were there, which made it all the more special, until my daughter got fixated on wanting to ride the actual train - it was getting close to lunch and naptime anyway so we left before she really melted down. The inside was bigger than I expected, but it was still small.

All in all, a fun time - glad I checked it out, and I could see bringing out-of-towners or friends with kids to check it out.

Visited November 2012
Baltimore
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“cool old stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Took my 88 year old father who's a train buff--he loved it. Lots to look at inside and out---plus the roundhouse is cool.

Westminster, Md
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“We're repeat visitors, every few years.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The men in the family are RR nuts, and they love it here. Trains are big machines; they use big tracks and big sheds to turn around in. What's not to love? It truly is very well done, a fun day for all. Go here at least once every few years, and get a membership.

baltimore
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Nice place for the kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place is nice for families to visit. It doesnt take long to walk through and see everything. You can easily visit and see it all in a hour.

Visited March 2012