“Great place to host a special occasion or just have a great meal!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stella Notte

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Baltimore
“Great place to host a special occasion or just have a great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have eaten at Stella Notte with my husband and various friends the past few years and have always loved the food, ambience and service. We recently held my daughter's baby shower there and the event exceeded my wildest expectations. I primarily worked with Dan in planning the event. He was so helpful and accomodating. Dan made wonderful suggestions and worked with me to make the shower very memorable. The terrazo room, with it's stone patio floor, full wall of windows, and plants gave such a beautiful, relaxed, garden feel. The food was superb. Our server, Sarah, was so kind and helpful. She took orders quickly and food was delivered in a very timely manner. Her assistant, Dustin was very helpful also. From the moment we arrived to arrange our decorations, we were warmly welcomed by Dan. The room was prepared exactly as promised. Everyone was so helpful while we put the finishing touches together. From start to finish, everything was handled flawlessly. I received so many rave reviews and compliments from the guests. We were told over and over again how it was the nicest event of that sort they had ever attended, how much they enjoyed the food etc. I just cannot say enough about how fantastic Stella Notte is for the beautiful ambience, delicious food, terrific service, and accomodating staff. The perfect place for a casual meal, special occasion, or hosting an event.

• Visited June 2014

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Great neighborhood restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a favorite place to come for a random dinner out, but also for special occasions. The wait staff is the best and the owner(s) are always present and take the time to greet and welcome you to the restaurant. The food is fabulous from pizza to pasta and everything else in between....we have never had a bad meal.

• Visited March 2014
Ellicott City, MD
“Friendly neighborhood Italian restaurant - great food - great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I live nearby and have been going to Stella Notte for years. The service is friendly and efficient. The prices are reasonable. There is an extensive menu with a wide variety of options, including a few that are not Italian. Everything is delicious. We have never had a bad meal there.

• Visited March 2014
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Average all round”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We arrived to a half empty dining area and the hostess insisted we sit in the bar. The bar tables, if you are eating are--seriously--not joking--less than 8 inches between each other. You might as well make it a community table. So much for private conversation.

Food is average. Nothing spectacular. Bread is plain white bread that you have to ask for. (It's written all over the menu.) The bar staff kept our drinks filled.

Something perplexing happened at the end of the night. I gave a 20% tip. The bartender came back to me and said I didn't add it correctly and could I change it to up a dollar. I thought, "I think I know how to add..." but I didn't want to make a big deal of it. Well, lo and behold, I did add correctly and I feel like I got scammed.

Probably be another year before I make my way back again. I usually forget how average and overpriced it is and I make my way back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Elkridge, Maryland
“Good food..a bit pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This restaurant has been there for a while and it shows. We went on a Thursday night. I'm 45 and was on the young side of the diners that evening. We chose this restaurant to try for an upcoming event, a possible venue for a wedding rehearsal dinner in May so I was checking out everything. The restaurant could use a facelift. The plastic flowers aren't attractive any longer and don't do much but attract dust.
My husband ordered a beer and I a mixed drink as well as calamari. He enjoyed the calamari, I'm not a big fan. I ordered a greek like dish, "pete" something. I had to send back...usually I like vinegar but this was way over powering.. no problem, they re mixed it for me. I wouldn't get again... but I did eat it the next day for lunch. My husband had a fish with almonds, which I had several tastes of and was very good. We got an order of lasagna "to go" for our son, which was 15.99 and I was shocked at how small the portion was when we got home. Service, on the other hand, I was impressed with. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Had it not been for the friendly people there, with so many restaurants in this area, I don't know that I'd ever go back.

• Visited October 2013