“Gourmet food that is Heavenly!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Elkton, Maryland
“Gourmet food that is Heavenly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

My husband and I went there to celebrate our anniversary. It was our first experience dining at a "Fine dining" restaurant and it was definitely one we will never forget. Let's start with the friendly and knowledgable staff member Valerie. She has a pleasant demeanor, warm smile and aims to make your experience there one to remember. She was very attentive and service was outstanding. The atmosphere was romantic and would have been even better at night time with the flickering lanterns at each table. The food was the best we've had in this area and actually, the best I can ever remember having anywhere. If you have Facebook, you must check out their page there, however, I am glad I didn't do that before going to the restaurant because I got the full experience without pre-judging it through the pictures...which look fabulous but didn't do the food justice. My husband is a very plain eater...he doesn't like sauces or gravies on his food. Well, he got the NY steak and it was perfect...he even loved the sauce that came with it...he probably would have licked the plate if we weren't at such a nice place and people weren't around us..haha. But he enjoyed every bit of his meal from beginning to end. That made this experience even more special. My husband doesn't throw out compliments easily, especially in regards to food, however, he could not stop raving about it all the way home. I could barely get a word in about how much I enjoyed my meal...which by the way, was the herb crusted lamb chops! They melted in my mouth! They were so tender. The fresh vegetables weren't soggy but firm and delicious. The gratin potatoes were thinly sliced into a pie wedge shape and topped the meal off wonderfully. And the dessert was delicate and delicious! It was the perfect indulgence to end the meal with and did not make you feel weighed down. I got the Opera Torte and my husband got the Cookies and Ice Cream, which we were supposed to share with one another. That didn't completely happen that way... I got a taste of the fruit, which soaked up the sauce that accompanied it and it melted in my mouth! Of course he tried my Torte and loved that as well. But he devoured his dessert so I never got to fully try each of the layers...but next time I will be quicker with my spoon. Lol. Anyway, you definitely have to try it if you want a delicious gourmet meal. When you see the portion sizes, you may think you will leave there starving, but truthfully, I prefer those portions because for the first time, I didn't leave a restaurant feeling full to the gills and bloated. I even left some food on my entree just to make sure I would be able to finish my dessert. This was a nice change from what we normally eat and I would prefer to make this my norm and the other restaurants a thing of the past. Your food was fresh and came out nice and hot. Everything from beginning to end was exceptional. I hope that doesn't change as their success grows because even though you didn't feel like you had to rush...that they brought your entree while you were still eating your starter, this place let you relax and savor each portion of your meal and cleared your dishes before bringing out the next course. They were very professional, but you felt very welcomed. I look forward to more of Chef Fred's creations in the future.

• Visited August 2014

Syosset, New York
“Just a little gem hidden in Elkton, MD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Who would think that a restaurant of this caliber would be hidden in such a rural place like Elkton? We had done our research, and since we were only in town for 2 nights, planned to dine here on Sunday (closed on Mon). Sunday Garden Supper is the price fixe menu. And it was just what reviews had said. The chef wanders into her garden and designs the menu around ehar she selects fresh from the garden. We started with a delightful salad, with picked red and yellow beets on the side. Homemade bread was freshfreshfresh. For my first course I had baked salmon, done to perfection. My husband haf cran and lobster souffle which he loved. The main course he had was organic chicken with asparagus. Mine was filet mignon a most delicous side. And dessert eas an amazing sampler including a lemon curd with blueberries that was a perfect combo of tart and sweet. The service was terrific. The decor is a bit on the primitive side, but you come here for the food, not pictures on a all. Ample parking.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Weymouth, Massachusetts
“very small portions, overpriced...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

lovely place, the service was a bit scatty but the servers were very nice.

the food was nice but the portions too small - we had the 4 course tasting menu - which was NOT the menu online - why do restaurants do that ?????? you immediately start disappointed imho...

we also had the anti pasto board between the two of us, and we still left hungry - contrast that to my lunch at Lily in Kennett Sqr which filled me up nicely for $8.95....

for the money, Krazy Kats in Montchanin is better and that's fine dining.

its a shame, but for farm to table it is very overpriced.not a place we'll go regularly or recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I knew this would be a great place when my drink at the bar was made with fresh herbs from their herb garden. I had the lemon herb fizz (a must try for lemon lovers) and it was fresh and delicious. My husband and I both did the prix fixe and everything was excellent from start to finish. The building is beautiful and not over-decorated which happens to some old Inns. We look forward to going back!

Wilmington, Delaware
“Go to the Fair Hill Inn for a wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went to the Fair Hill Inn on May 24, 2014. They were offering their 4 course menu for $44.00 dollars and if you wanted wine to pair with it there was an additional fee. The menu changes monthly to highlight the produce in season. This is a farm to table restaurant as all produce is sourced locally. Everything was fresh and delicious. The service was outstanding. They offer and additional cheese course which was also sourced from local cheesemakers. The sampler of three deserts was outstanding.