“Good food but expensive” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 77 Restaurants in Elkton
Newark, Delaware
“Good food but expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We've been wanting to stop in here for a while now. The restaurant is in a strip mall. It's a small place with 6 or so tables and a bar. We were there on a Friday nigth and there was only 1 other couple there. Owner/chef is from N.O. and is a personable guy. I had the BBQ shrimp Po Boy and gumbo and my wife had the shrimp Po-Boy. Our sandwiches were very good. The bread was very good. The cornbread was burnt on the bottom. The BBQ Po-Boy was nicely spiced but I would have liked it kicked up a notch. The gumbo was more watery with not alot of meat in it. We thought it was more expensive than it needs to be. Bowl of gumbo was as expensive as the po-boy (like $11). Sodas were served in bottles not fountain.
Overall, I think we'll be back, maybe for a takeout. I would like to support a small businessman who is trying to make good food rather than going to a bigger chain restaurant down the street. Food was good, but expensive. If the sandwiches were 1/2 the price they are, then it would be a much better deal.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dover, DE
“New to Po Boy sandwiches, love em!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The shrimp po boy sandwich is phenomenal here, definitely a great food discovery for me. This place also has Abita craft brews here which I love. Unlike a prior review, I felt I got what I paid for, given the authenticity of the food and taking in account MD sales tax(I'm used to the no sales tax of Delaware and realize I've been spoiled). Will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Elkton, Maryland
“Must think we are in New York City”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in this place the other day for some soup, I got a pint of gumbo which was about six or seven slim slices of sausage like mini pepperoni,and broth, nothing else in it. I almost passed out when the guy said 11.16! Eleven dollars for broth! This was for take out so I didn't know what I had till I got home or I would have never taken it. This is Elkton Md and so many of these places come and go, this one will be gone for those prices!

Visited January 2014

Been to Po-boys? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Po-boys, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.