“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
Hartford, Connecticut
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel is a newer, very clean property. The mini suite was spacious and comfortable allowing room to spread out and relax. The WiFi was weak which was disappointing. Breakfast was pulled before the stated end time and we had to go out for the meal. However, the hotel is near I-95 and for the rate charged, was a good value. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
woodstock, illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Spent one night here. Friendly staff, Monic (not sure how to spell her name) was very helpful and friendly. Beds were comfy, we spent great. Breakfast was good. Room was clean. I would highly recommend.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hickory, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The hotel overall is not bad. Room was nice and clean. The WIFI service was horrible. I kept getting kicked off and tried to download and it never let me do it. Would start the download and then would just stop. Very irritating!! The shower has a detachable head and kept sliding down, would not stay up. That's very annoying for a tall person. Other than those few things listed, my stay was OK!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
West Chester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is almost the best Comfort Inn I've ever stayed. Very caring front desk accompanied to my room to make sure it was right. Room was a very nice suite. Fan ran constantly, masking all noise. Room temperature was perfect. Internet was fast & easy to connect. Plenty of electrical outlets. Why, they even delivered my bill under the door early the next morning! I was thinking I was in a 5-star place until I turned on the shower. Started out cold, and then got luke-warm. Not sure whether this was a management decision to save money, or a temporary maintenance issue, but I hate missing my hot shower in the morning.

Room Tip: Avoid the highway exposure, and ask if the rooms have hot water.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed 3 nights here. The room was clean and well maintained. It was nice to have AC and a ceiling fan as my husband and I don't do well with humidty. The hot breakfast was good as it has protein and not just a carb fest, which is nice for this gluten free lady. Fruit slection was limited to organges, banannas, and red delicious apples. We were able to check in about noon after a red eye flight from Oregon, which was greatly apperciated so we could take a shower before attending family gatherings. Our toilet clogged multiple times, but the maintaince staff was nice and cleared the clogged for us. We checked out at 4am and the hotel had breakfast to go bags, which included fruit, chewy bars, and a bottle of water.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Johnsville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My mother, brother and I were on our way from NY to Florida. We, ideally, wanted 3 beds. We got a room with 2 queens and a sleeper sofa for the same price of a 2 queen room! We had a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and the usual other amenities. The sleeper sofa attached area had its' own TV! The breakfast was full and great. A small store off of the breakfast area carried anything you would need for a hungry spot at night. The exercise room and pool we did not use, but looked clean and well taken care of. The young lady at the desk was pleasant, friendly and accommodated our every need. We would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

When we checked in everything seemed great. The hotel looked nice and the guy at the front desk was very nice and helpful. We got to our room and we were impressed the jacuzzi looked nice and the room was spacious. However the room had an old smoke smell and we could tell someone had smoked in it previously. We didn't mind it to much though, I just made sure to tell the guy at the front desk. The issues for us didn't start until the middle of the night. I kept waking up in pain because the bed was so extremely uncomfortable. I am actually still in this hotel right now doing this review, it's 7 in the morning and I slept horribly. So now I feel terrible. My neck and back hurt! And I'm only 26. I should not be feeling like this. It also didn't help that when we pulled up to the hotel we parked by a room on the side of the building called the sprinkler room and it was loud! Our room is on the that side of the building as well and when we first got here we didn't here it, it must shut off because it turned on last night and was obnoxious, but is not on now. I am so disappointed we spent 150 on this room for one night. Definitely not worth that kind of money!

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway? Share your experiences!