“Highly dissapointed” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Highly dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

When we checked in everything seemed great. The hotel looked nice and the guy at the front desk was very nice and helpful. We got to our room and we were impressed the jacuzzi looked nice and the room was spacious. However the room had an old smoke smell and we could tell someone had smoked in it previously. We didn't mind it to much though, I just made sure to tell the guy at the front desk. The issues for us didn't start until the middle of the night. I kept waking up in pain because the bed was so extremely uncomfortable. I am actually still in this hotel right now doing this review, it's 7 in the morning and I slept horribly. So now I feel terrible. My neck and back hurt! And I'm only 26. I should not be feeling like this. It also didn't help that when we pulled up to the hotel we parked by a room on the side of the building called the sprinkler room and it was loud! Our room is on the that side of the building as well and when we first got here we didn't here it, it must shut off because it turned on last night and was obnoxious, but is not on now. I am so disappointed we spent 150 on this room for one night. Definitely not worth that kind of money!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

very nice Hotel.good spacious clean rooms and good service.great pool.If I was travelling again in this area i would definately go back to this place again.My room had 2 flatscreen tvs which is a great feature for famalies with young kids

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Very nice hotel right off i95 but in a very hard spot to get to since all the new construction around it. You have to enter thru a neighborhood because of new roads. Beside that very nice hotel, very clean. The breakfast attendant Kim is very attentive to you, maybe sometimes too much, and she really knows the area which is nice.

• Stayed January 2014
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The room had two double beds with plenty of room to add additional furniture. Seemed like there could have been a additional bedding in room it was that large. Featured a flat screen tv with good channel selection. Bathroom was a bit out of date with minimal water pressure in shower. Bedding was clean and furniture was dust free.

The breakfast was sufficient with scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, a variety of Danish/bagels/breads, a few cereal choices (hot/cold), and various beverages. Whoops, almost forgot the two waffle makers so no one had to be standing in line waiting which was great.

What was most impressive about my entire stay was the friendliness and customer service of the kitchen attendant (Kim) while I prepared and ate my breakfast. She went out of her way to ensure my waffles were made for me, ensured I got butter/syrup for them and was genuinely interested in whether I was satisfied with the selections available. Before leaving the breakfast area I asked Kim for her name and complimented her on how delightful it was to experience her cheerfulness and professionalism to start my day. Hang onto this valuable asset!!!

Room Tip: Double beds are ok but a little small.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed on business for 1 night, having used this hotel for several previous trips. It's still a decent value for the area. Desk staff are efficient and friendly. Rooms are still well-appointed and appear to be maintained. Everything worked fine. Beds are very comfortable. Breakfast has actually improved since my last visit here.
They have a "Snack Pantry" near the front desk with drinks and packaged snacks.
Would recommend highly for this area, as long as you have a car to go out for dinner, since this place is secluded behind a residential area.

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet. Either order food in or drive to restaurants nearby. Nothing within walk...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Severn, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed here with my Sweetie and we enjoyed every minute of it.we had the king size Jacuzzi suite which eas fully furnished with every thing including a fireplace which we both enjoyed. The tv was very functional and everything was fully stocked including towels for the Jacuzzi. We can't wait to return. Our room was located on the fourth floor. Loved it!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

My family and I met an employee Kim downstairs while she was serving the complimentary breakfast. She has such a wonderful spirit and service. She made us feel at home and worked at such a fast speed and with genuine effort. I admire her customer service and thank you for hiring qualified personnel as herself. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway? Share your experiences!