“Charm, ease, felt like home” 4 of 5 stars

(410) 379-9336
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Elkridge Furnance Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Elkridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
The Villages, Florida
“Charm, ease, felt like home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Just nothing bad to say and so much good to great I don't know where to start. We were a party of 5 who had not met each other and we were treated with amazing respect for us conversing and not paying attention to ordering. Kindness, patience and knowledge were abundant. The food was lovely, all ordered different food and compliments all round. Presentation well done and flavor, oh yeah. We were there over 3 hrs for brunch and NEVER felt we had over stayed our welcome. Truly like we had been transformed into a private 1744 home and were made to feel it was OUR home. JUST WONDERFUL!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Elkridge
“One of the Top 100 Most-Romantic Restaurants in the Country!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Elkridge Furnace Inn is a fantastic destination for a special occasion, a romantic celebration, or just a special evening out. The historic inn has beautifully-landscaped gardens that lead you from the parking area to the main entrance. Once inside, you're greeted by old-world charm and warm, friendly service. The food is exceptional, while the ambiance is a nice blend of formal, yet relaxed and unpretentious. Special events and receptions can also be accommodated.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“Consistently the Best Restaurant in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We’ve been to all of the other quality restaurants in the Columbia, Ellicott City, BWI area and the Elkridge Furnace still comes out on top. Consistently outstanding! I’ve never had a less than wonderful dining experience there. I also recommend their special events. They are always impressive.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bowie, Maryland, United States
“Very good from start to finish...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

From our very warm greeting at the door to the minute we left EFI, it was another fine experience.

The service here is very good, but I can definitely see where some people may feel it is a bit uptight. Our waiter, Hilary, took care of each of his tables with a very accomplished hand. The young man filling our water glasses was always there to make sure the glass was never empty.

The meal was very nicely paced. I can't stand being rushed through a meal.

For appetizers, my wife had the savory crepes and I had the French onion soup. The soup had a very rich flavor. My wife also enjoyed her crepes.

We each then had a salad with greens from the restaurant's garden. I think $15 for a salad is way too much, but it did taste very good.

For our entrees, I had the veal porterhouse and my wife had the lamb three ways. I thought the veal was a little on the tough side, but it had a good taste and everything else on the plate was very good. My wife's plate had a lamb porterhouse, lamb chop, and lamb sausage. I am not a big fan of lamb, but the I thought the sausage was very good.

It should be noted that the chefs make just about everything in house. They make their own sausage, grow many of their own vegetables, smoke their own meats and fish, etc. All of this extra care is very evident in each of their dishes.

For dessert, I had a hazelnut and chocolate "tart" and my wife had the blood orange crème brulee. Both were fantastic. All of the desserts are made in house by the chef's daughter.

Most everything on the menu has a suggested wine pairing, plus they have a pretty good selection of wines by the bottle.

I highly recommend EFI for any special occasion. There is plenty of parking on site. Make a reservation, especially on the weekend. The restaurant filled up quickly on a Saturday evening.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This restaurant is set inside a house and has a quiet, romantic, upscale feel. Waiters and service were top notch. Food was good but not great. B+ with A+ prices. I would return but I'm not raving.