“Another great Holiday Inn Express!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6064 Marshalee Drive, Elkridge, MD 21075   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Schenectady, New York
“Another great Holiday Inn Express!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I really enjoy staying at the Holiday Inn Express chain because of the nice breakfast that's included with your stay, and the choices available at this location was wonderful! This was the first time that I saw a pancake machine, and there were all types of fresh muffins, flavored coffees and juices.

My room was great; spacious and very clean, the bed was really comfortable, and it was nice to have a selection of pillows to choose from; firm or soft.

The staff was great - I had to check in a bit later than I planned, almost 8:30pm and the young lady who helped me (Nadyia?) was cordial and welcoming, and was most accommodating when I requested a later checkout because I am Priority Club member.

The next morning I met the front desk manager, Dan Eisenmann, and he was so very helpful. I went to load some things in my car and my card key had expired; he was kind enough to cheerfully re-key it for me so that I could finish loading up and out.

All in all, this was a very pleasant stay and I will definitely stay again when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: I had a King Leisure and it was spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to our location, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Berwick, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was always under the assumption that Holiday Inn's were "cheap" hotels and not very nice. I booked this because relatives that live nearby recommended it. The minute I walked in the lobby I was impressed. It is tastefully decorated and clean. A theme I noticed throughout my entire stay. The man checking me in was named Dan. I forgot my Priority Club number so he looked it up for me. He then wrote it down and gave it to me so I would have it without me asking him to. I mentioned it is hard to keep track of all the account numbers and passwords these days. He took out his personal iPhone and showed me an app he had found to store all this info. He even helped me find it and download it. Who goes out of their way like this anymore??? I appreciated it immensely!! Everytime we left or arrived we were always greeted in a very friendly manner. The cost was more than fair, the beds very comfortable, the bathroom and room very clean, the Wifi and breakfast was included. I just can't say enough good things about this hotel. Checking out, I had the pleasure of dealing with John. I made sure he knew how happy I was. I wouldn't think about staying anywhere else on my return visits! Thank you so much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressColumbiaGM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay. We are so glad you stayed with us, and so glad that we were able to change your assumption that Holiday Inn's are "cheap" and not very nice. The management and staff here all take great pride in our Hotel and we work hard to make sure that we are a great hotel that guests love. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are down visiting family.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is located just a bit away from BWI with easy access to I-95 and I-70. Amenities include a nice, clean indoor pool, fitness center, business center, free WiFi, and a free hot breakfast. The hotel is just over three years old and sparkling. The staff is friendly and eager to make your stay pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Staff and management of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites would like to thank you for your recent visit to our location and your stay was an enjoyable one. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here while attending a family event in the area. The suite we had for our family was very nice, two queen beds and a roll-out. The bathroom was spacious. The hotel was quiet and clean. Breakfast was OK, nothing wonderful. There was a snack pantry that did make it easy to give my kids a boost before dinner. The big disappointment was the pool - it is indoor but not heated. That was a huge bummer for me and my kids! I guess I should've asked if it was heated, but it seems odd to me to have an indoor pool that isn't heated. I did use the exercise room, too, and it could use a fan to keep the air circulating but other than that it was fine. Very convenient to Columbia.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Management and Staff would like to thank you for your recent visit to the Holiday Inn and Express in Elkridge Md. Our hotel strives to deliver great Hotels that our Guest Love. We certainly do value your business and understand the concerns of the pool and those items have been addressed and taken care of. Our staff was pleased to hear that our hotel suites and our pantry was there for your family.
laplata
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here with my husband over the weekend and I found this hotel to be very clean and nice. It was in a great location and the manager Dan was very courtious and helpful. I would definetly stay here again.
Cheryl

Room Tip: The joining rooms are very spacious and nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Management and Staff of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and excited to learn of your great stay. Our staff and management strives upon delivering great hotels that our guest loves. We hope to see you again soon in the future.
Laurel, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We statyed at the Holiday Inn Express in Elkridge, Md on 2-8-13. I must say i've never wrote a review on a hotel but this time I must. My co-workers and I wanted to plan a weekend get away for the girls in the office. We contacted the hotel and spoke to Dan. He was very nice, polite, friendly and helpful. He even helped me look up the restaurants in the area were we may go to get something to eat. When we got to the hotel, we found the rooms to be very very clean, we could even smell the fresh sheets on the bed. The hotel was very quiet but yet busy in the lobby. As I checked in i was witness to many customers checking in and getting the same great customer service from John who was at the front desk. Its wonderful to see a hotel still has great service. In the morning we had breakfest in the hotel with the girls and felt as if we were home eating a home cooked meal. Food was very fresh and well cooked, five stars! I will stay at this hotel any day and recommend the Holiday Inn express in Elkridge to every one. Thanks so much to Dan for all his help and extraordinary service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
The Staff from the Holiday Inn Express and Suites would like to thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you enjoyed the great service and nice sheets as well that our Brand has to offer. We hope to see you again in the near future.
rockville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is by far the cleanest hotel I have stayed in. My husband and I travel quite often and have stayed in various hotels. This was our 1st time here and will not be the last. From check in to check out it was a great experience. The manager on duty Dan Eisenmann was more than willing to answer any questions we had about our stay and very informing of the surrounding area attractions and restaurants. We did have our complementary breakfast in the hotel which offered more of a selection (hot and cold) than any hotel we have stayed in. This will be my hotel of choice when visiting the Baltimore/Annapolis area! Definitely scored excellent in every aspect in our opinion.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor so there were rooms over us and under us. If they were occupied we never...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
The management and staff would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Holiday Inn Express in Elkridge Md and you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff strives upon delivering great hotels that guest love. We look forward to you next visit to our location.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge? Share your experiences!