“Great romantic night.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Elkridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great romantic night.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Checked in by Stephen who had a smile and showed genuine interest in our enjoyment of our room. I used to work front desk at a hotel, as poorly as they are treated sometimes, it says a lot about his enthusiasm. The room was perfect. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean and well stocked. The rooms even have thermostats, which is missing from most hotels. It was our first night away from our kids in over a year, and made for a very relaxing and romantic night. Tip: don't go far for drinks or dinner. The Mexican and Italian restaurants next to this hotel are wonderful. Try the sangria at the Mexican one!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
The management and staff of the Holliday Inn Express would like to thank you for your recent visit to our location and happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wedding party, my wife, and I recently stayed at this hotel and found that it exceeded our expectations in every way. My guests commented on the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms, the pleasant front desk and breakfast staff, and calm yet convenient atmosphere. As an airline pilot, I travel for work all over the world and recognize a well-run hotel when I see one; this one definitely exceeds expectations. At the front desk I dealt mainly with Stephen and found him reliably curteous and professional. I recommend this facility and will use it again the next time family or friends are in-town. Excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the property and Stephen. He is new to our team and it is great to see the guests are confirming that he is doing a great job. I am so pleased that you and your guests enjoyed staying with us and we welcome you back whenever you are in the area.
Riverside, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Thank you to the team at Holiday Inn Express in Elkridge, Maryland. The service was excellent and special shout out to Vy. Vy greater whether coming or going with Mr. Tanner. That is 5 star service and Vy should be recognized for her excellence in service. For 20+ years I was a restaurant manager and understand the importance of staff and genuine passion for customer service. Vy, Nadia and team have that passion. When I visit the Baltimore area, I will forever stay at the Elkridge HI Express and it is because of the staff mentioned. Thank you for making my loyalty to HI feel like it is valued.

I just read a statement below about being a genuine review. Please feel free to contact me for any questions. 12/3-12/5 #213

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Mr. Tanner, you have no idea how estatic Vy is since reading your review!! That was her 1st day working with us and just as we thought, she is a STAR! Vy, Nadia, and the entire team were celebrating when your review was posted because we are all so proud of the amazing people we get to work with. Thank you for taking the time to do this review and for recognizing my team. You are ALWAYS valued by us and we can't wait for your next visit with us.
Flushing, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel was very clean and property is definitely up to date and kept up. Previously being in the hotel field for 5 years myself I definitely know what to look for. Its not just a wonderful and beautiful property, but it is certainly up to the employees to make the stay outstanding. Asmita was very friendly and asked any questions I had about the area and finding my way around. Definitely recommend this property 100% for anyone staying in the Elkridge area. The only thing missing in the room was a microwave that would have gave it an Excellent choice, but very nice property!

Room Tip: I am sure all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for such a great review and compliment on Asmita. She really is wonderful and truly enjoys helping our guests. I am honored to work with her and the entire team as they honestly enjoy what they do daily. They are a great group of people. As for the microwaves in rooms, those are actually in our suites. During your next visit to the area, feel free to see if one is available. They are beautiful!
Edgewood, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night before we left on our honeymoon and we couldn't have been any happier with the place. The room was quite spacious and the jacuzzi was huge. The breakfast had plenty of variety and was quite good. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the compliments. We are thrilled that we were able to take care of you during such a very special event! We hope you enjoyed your honeymoon and will be back to visit with us soon, even if it's just to relax and enjoy a night away.
Fairfax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel itself is very new with plenty of parking all around. There's an Exxon station right in front and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We were greeted by a friendly gentleman at the front desk who seemed eager to assist us. The rooms were clean. We had a room with two queens for a family of four and there was plenty of space for us. The only negative is that both my husband and I got sore necks from sleeping on the squarish hotel pillows. It's nice that they provide firm and soft pillows, but the shape of the pillow is awkward and doesn't provide proper neck support. I guess we need to start bringing our own pillows. The breakfast buffet had a little bit of everything including omelets, sausage, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, bagels, cereal, and yogurt. And of course they had their delightful frosted cinnamon buns. We would definitely return here.

Room Tip: Get the two queen beds if you have your family with you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It always makes me smile to see that the team is taking such great care of our guests! I am happy that you found the rooms spacious and comfortable. The Executive Housekeeper and I are looking into what can be done regarding the pillows. I apologize they were not comfortable but THANK YOU for letting us know. Please come back and visit with us during your next trip to the area.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Holiday Inns have come a long way! This hotel was immaculate. The room with 2 queens was very open and easy too move around in. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were of good quality.

Nice breakfast with a machine that makes the pancakes for you. It's also close to numerous restaurants and a Giant grocery store.

I'd definitely stay at this hotel again, and recommend to out of town guests looking for a comfy place to stay in the Howard county area. It's off route 100, which has easy access to I-95!

• Stayed October 2012
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you! Giving our guest the best experience possible is our top priority. I am very glad to see the team has done it again. Thank you very much for taking the time to do this review. Please make sur to come and visit with us during your next trip.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge? Share your experiences!