“great hotel and great employees (Asmita)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6064 Marshalee Drive, Elkridge, MD 21075   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Flushing, New York
“great hotel and great employees (Asmita)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel was very clean and property is definitely up to date and kept up. Previously being in the hotel field for 5 years myself I definitely know what to look for. Its not just a wonderful and beautiful property, but it is certainly up to the employees to make the stay outstanding. Asmita was very friendly and asked any questions I had about the area and finding my way around. Definitely recommend this property 100% for anyone staying in the Elkridge area. The only thing missing in the room was a microwave that would have gave it an Excellent choice, but very nice property!

Room Tip: I am sure all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for such a great review and compliment on Asmita. She really is wonderful and truly enjoys helping our guests. I am honored to work with her and the entire team as they honestly enjoy what they do daily. They are a great group of people. As for the microwaves in rooms, those are actually in our suites. During your next visit to the area, feel free to see if one is available. They are beautiful!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Edgewood, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night before we left on our honeymoon and we couldn't have been any happier with the place. The room was quite spacious and the jacuzzi was huge. The breakfast had plenty of variety and was quite good. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the compliments. We are thrilled that we were able to take care of you during such a very special event! We hope you enjoyed your honeymoon and will be back to visit with us soon, even if it's just to relax and enjoy a night away.
Fairfax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel itself is very new with plenty of parking all around. There's an Exxon station right in front and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We were greeted by a friendly gentleman at the front desk who seemed eager to assist us. The rooms were clean. We had a room with two queens for a family of four and there was plenty of space for us. The only negative is that both my husband and I got sore necks from sleeping on the squarish hotel pillows. It's nice that they provide firm and soft pillows, but the shape of the pillow is awkward and doesn't provide proper neck support. I guess we need to start bringing our own pillows. The breakfast buffet had a little bit of everything including omelets, sausage, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, bagels, cereal, and yogurt. And of course they had their delightful frosted cinnamon buns. We would definitely return here.

Room Tip: Get the two queen beds if you have your family with you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It always makes me smile to see that the team is taking such great care of our guests! I am happy that you found the rooms spacious and comfortable. The Executive Housekeeper and I are looking into what can be done regarding the pillows. I apologize they were not comfortable but THANK YOU for letting us know. Please come back and visit with us during your next trip to the area.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Holiday Inns have come a long way! This hotel was immaculate. The room with 2 queens was very open and easy too move around in. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were of good quality.

Nice breakfast with a machine that makes the pancakes for you. It's also close to numerous restaurants and a Giant grocery store.

I'd definitely stay at this hotel again, and recommend to out of town guests looking for a comfy place to stay in the Howard county area. It's off route 100, which has easy access to I-95!

• Stayed October 2012
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you! Giving our guest the best experience possible is our top priority. I am very glad to see the team has done it again. Thank you very much for taking the time to do this review. Please make sur to come and visit with us during your next trip.
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Spent a week at this hotel, this time with my wife and son, coming home yesterday. Once again excellent room, excellent breakfast but most importantly amazing staff. Everyone is so friendly and helpful - if you need to stay in the Baltimore area, close to BWI airport, don't want to pay a fortune but want peae and quiet and good quality basic accommodation, this is the place. Clean, pleasant, handy - excelent!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the side away from the mainhighway, although the room we were in was looking out on...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Welcome Back!! It is so nice that yoiu took the time to do a second review for us. We really appreciate it and I am so glad to see the team is continuing to meet yout expectations. Just like the last time, make sure you come back and visit with us on your next visit to Maryland.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My hotel stay was very pleasant, the rooms are very spacious, comfortable and quite.The hotel was very clean and well maintained.The entire staff really went out of their way to make me feel welcome. My Hat goes off to everyone there for the hospitality they showed me.I would especially
like to thank Nadia, Asmita, Timera,Angela, Dan, James, Heather, and Alex for assisting me with all my needs during my 3 week stay there and really going the extra mile to provide quality service. Thank you.
Rob Moore

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mr. Moore, thank you very much for taking the time to do this review. It was our pleasure to make this your home away from home during your three weeks with us. If you ever need us again, you know we will take care of you!
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My mother and I stayed here for 5 nights. This is a very clean and modern hotel. The bed was comfortable. You can hear the traffic from the highway just outside the window. It didn't bother me, but my mom mentioned it. Simple holiday inn express breakfast provided daily - I love the pancake machine. I wish there was a safe in the room. Coffee is available all day, but it generally was not hot the evenings we got some. It is located next to a gas station, super market, and local restaurants. For my first arrival, it was a tricky entry, and I missed it. I pulled into the gas station each time to reach the road to the hotel. There is another turn location before this, but you will always drive into a plaza or gas station in order to get to the road to the hotel. It's about 15-20 minutes to the inner harbor. The greenbelt metro station (to dc) is the closest to the hotel and very convenient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize that your mom could hear the traffic outside, please let her know that. Although we do not have in room safes, we do offer complimentary safety deposit boxes for our guests. During your next trip, just let us know if you need one- we will be glad to help you with it. I also want to Thank you for letting us know about the coffee not being hot in the evenings. As an avid coffee drinker,I can assure you that this is being corrected immediately. We look forward to your next visit. Maybe we can enjoy some HOT coffee in the Great Room.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge? Share your experiences!