“A very nice hotel. Very clean!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6064 Marshalee Drive, Elkridge, MD 21075   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Elkridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Maryland
“A very nice hotel. Very clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Holiday Inns have come a long way! This hotel was immaculate. The room with 2 queens was very open and easy too move around in. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were of good quality.

Nice breakfast with a machine that makes the pancakes for you. It's also close to numerous restaurants and a Giant grocery store.

I'd definitely stay at this hotel again, and recommend to out of town guests looking for a comfy place to stay in the Howard county area. It's off route 100, which has easy access to I-95!

• Stayed October 2012
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you! Giving our guest the best experience possible is our top priority. I am very glad to see the team has done it again. Thank you very much for taking the time to do this review. Please make sur to come and visit with us during your next trip.

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Spent a week at this hotel, this time with my wife and son, coming home yesterday. Once again excellent room, excellent breakfast but most importantly amazing staff. Everyone is so friendly and helpful - if you need to stay in the Baltimore area, close to BWI airport, don't want to pay a fortune but want peae and quiet and good quality basic accommodation, this is the place. Clean, pleasant, handy - excelent!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the side away from the mainhighway, although the room we were in was looking out on...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Welcome Back!! It is so nice that yoiu took the time to do a second review for us. We really appreciate it and I am so glad to see the team is continuing to meet yout expectations. Just like the last time, make sure you come back and visit with us on your next visit to Maryland.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My hotel stay was very pleasant, the rooms are very spacious, comfortable and quite.The hotel was very clean and well maintained.The entire staff really went out of their way to make me feel welcome. My Hat goes off to everyone there for the hospitality they showed me.I would especially
like to thank Nadia, Asmita, Timera,Angela, Dan, James, Heather, and Alex for assisting me with all my needs during my 3 week stay there and really going the extra mile to provide quality service. Thank you.
Rob Moore

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mr. Moore, thank you very much for taking the time to do this review. It was our pleasure to make this your home away from home during your three weeks with us. If you ever need us again, you know we will take care of you!
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My mother and I stayed here for 5 nights. This is a very clean and modern hotel. The bed was comfortable. You can hear the traffic from the highway just outside the window. It didn't bother me, but my mom mentioned it. Simple holiday inn express breakfast provided daily - I love the pancake machine. I wish there was a safe in the room. Coffee is available all day, but it generally was not hot the evenings we got some. It is located next to a gas station, super market, and local restaurants. For my first arrival, it was a tricky entry, and I missed it. I pulled into the gas station each time to reach the road to the hotel. There is another turn location before this, but you will always drive into a plaza or gas station in order to get to the road to the hotel. It's about 15-20 minutes to the inner harbor. The greenbelt metro station (to dc) is the closest to the hotel and very convenient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize that your mom could hear the traffic outside, please let her know that. Although we do not have in room safes, we do offer complimentary safety deposit boxes for our guests. During your next trip, just let us know if you need one- we will be glad to help you with it. I also want to Thank you for letting us know about the coffee not being hot in the evenings. As an avid coffee drinker,I can assure you that this is being corrected immediately. We look forward to your next visit. Maybe we can enjoy some HOT coffee in the Great Room.
Elkridge, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The staff at this hotel was outstanding and ever so accommodating whatever the request. The staff, most notable was Asanta at the evening front desk and Jesse, were courteous and professional & dealt well with a group our size. They handled a full house of guests including soccer teams and church groups & the manner in which they dealt with guest requests, parents and players was admirable. The restaurant recommendations were right on, even providing discount coupons. The hotel itself was clean, comfortable with a fantastic breakfast but the staff was the remarkable difference that will bring us back to this property. Kudos to Asanta & Jesse!

Room Tip: Choose opposite side from highway to eliminate road noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Jesse and Asmita are so excited your remembered them. They are a joy to work with and I am so honored to have them as a part of our team. We are all happy that you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to see you on your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I'm not sure how long this property has been open but it still had the new carpet smell. Had a suite with a couch, microware, fridge and wet bar. Very nice and clean. You can see the hotel from the highway but have to weave on the service drive to get there and through the parking lot of a gas station. Could be a little difficult to find, especially at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for this wonderful review. We just celebrated our 3rd birthday June of this year. The team and I work very hard to make sure we always look brand new because our guests deserve nothing but that. Yes, we can be a little difficult to get to since you have to use the service road at the Exxon but we like to call it a part of our charm. We are close enough to be seen from the highway, but far enough away that you can forget the stress of driving. We look forward to seeing you again and THANK YOU so much for the wonderful review!
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at the hotel this past week for 4 nights was so pleased with the quality of the hotel. The customer service, the cleanliness of the rooms and the great breakfast were all great. I would definitely say this was probably the best hotel I have stayed at in 15 years. The entire staff was fantastic and I would stay here anytime I could. Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
What an awesome review! Thank you so much. The team and I are ecstatic about your comments!! Our goal is to keep our guest happy and to ensure they receive the best service possible. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge? Share your experiences!