“Avoid this hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center

You added Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 Van Bibber Rd, Exit 77A (SR 24) off I-95, Edgewood, MD 21040-1034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Edgewood
Belcamp, Maryland
“Avoid this hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room smelled bad. I sprayed it several times during our one night stay to try to make it breathable. The heater/air conditioner was falling apart and clearly had not been wiped down by the maid because there were cigarette ashes on top of it. The TV had an option for you to order movies in your room but it wouldn't work. The safety bar in the shower had a broken piece of metal on the end that was sharp and rusty, Looked like a tetanus shot waiting to happen. The maids/room service people spoke no english. They barely understood us asking for towels and toilet paper.
And the cherry on this fun filled sundae.....the room had bugs....not sure what kind....but both my bf and I work up with bites on our faces. Lovely end to a lovely stay.
You can go one exit up 95 and for about 10 bucks more stay at the Candlewood Suites on route 7. Much nicer hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom C, General Manager at Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hello and thank you for your recent comments about your stay at the Ramada Conference Center in Edgewood MD. I was truly disappointed to read about all of the problems that this guest encountered while a guest at our hotel. I was also a bit taken back when I read the review as I do not recall any reports being made describing the condition of any of our room’s room as this guest did in this review. I guess my only question here is why would you anyone stay in a room that was as deplorable as described and not make contact with either me or one of our front desk agents (all of them speak English and two of them are bi-lingual)

In business for over 25 years, we have always prided ourselves on providing all of our guests with a clean comfortable room at a reasonable price. If ever we fall short of this goal, all we ask for is a phone call so that we can do our very best to make things right. Unfortunately I have no way of telling when (or even if) this guest stayed with us or the room number of the room that he/she described. The only thing that I can see is that he/she lives in the area and has in the past stayed at the Candlewood Suites

Again, many thanks for the comments and Thanks for travelling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ocean City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

.....It was just what you (should) expect from a Ramada. It was clean enough. It was friendly enough at the Front Desk.
My only gripe is that the soda machine was sold out of everything, but considering that they cater to TONS of Little League teams at this location, it doesn't surprise me.
For a hotel of this (average) quality and (average) price, I was just happy there were no bedbugs!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Booked a one night here the weekend of March 23, 2013. Made a reservation for 2 double beds in a non smoking room. However when we arrived at the hotel, the clerk claimed that all they had was non smoking king or a smoking double. As we had a small infant with us, I was certainly not going to take the smoking room. The clerk blamed price line for the mix up, and claimed that price line "does this all the time", which I find very hard to believe. The clerk was rude and was being a "smart-!$#". Price line of course said that the hotel was at fault. In addition we asked for a crib from the hotel, and when it was delivered (it was actually a glorified playpen) it appeared that it had not been cleaned in a decade. I nearly wanted to vomit. I folded it up ad placed it outside the room immediately. One other thing, at night the lobby is closed and all there is, is a night clerk with a small window at the lobby if you need anything. Not exactly a professional set up, as I have never seen something like this. Avoid this hotel, there are better alternatives nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
rccgm, General Manager at Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hello and Thank you for choosing and sharing your experience about your recent stay at the Ramada Conference Center in Edgewood Maryland. All of us at the Ramada value our guest’s feedback so that we know what we are doing right and in some cases what we are doing not so right.

Our clerk was right in that Priceline is infamous for reserving the right type of room (double vs. king) but not getting it right when it comes to smoking vs. non-smoking. The weekend that you stayed with us, all of our non-smoking double rooms were booked by a soccer team and a bunch of scrap bookers. The scrap bookers have been on the books for the last year (they come each year) and the soccer team since last summer. That said, there is no way that the folks at Priceline could have had access to our non smoking doubles simply because there were none available to them. My recommendation to our guests that use third party websites for their reservations is to call the hotel immediately after the room is booked so that they can confirm their reservations and this gives the guest the opportunity to ask about anything else that they may need (playpens, rollaway beds) that would make their stay more comfortable.

Speaking of playpens, I was disheartened to read that the playpen that was delivered to your room was not in perfect condition. The housekeeping manager and I will be taking a look at all of our playpens this week and we will do whatever it takes to be sure that all of our playpens are in mint condition.

As far as the night window, I wish that we lived In a world that we did not have to “lock up” at night. But we don’t. The truth of the matter is, when you have a business that accepts cash and is right off of I-95 (gas staions, banks, hotels) chances are they are “locking up” for the safety of not only the employees but the guests as well.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at the Ramada Conference Center in Edgewood Maryland. My hope is that you will come and stay with us again the next time that you are visiting the area.

Thomas Cleaver

Travelers are raving about these Edgewood hotels

Been to Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!