“Great business hotel for APG/Edgewood Area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / APG South

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / APG South to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / APG South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2112B Emmorton Park Rd, off I-95 at Exit 77A, Edgewood, MD 21040   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Edgewood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yorktown, Virginia
“Great business hotel for APG/Edgewood Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This property is a great business hotel for staying in the APG/Edgewood area. The hotel offers a decent breakfast, has comfortable beds, and has spacious rooms. The property is pet friendly - a nice touch. The hotel is ADAMANT about NO SMOKING. I found this to be nice and a very positive point for the hotel. I only have two issues about the hotel -
1) Location. The hotel is located in an industrial area. There is little to no restaurants/businesses in walking distance. You WILL need a car to get around. The specific location is somewhat difficult to get around traffic-wise, but it is in a quiet and calm location. I wish I could have jogged around the area safely but it just wasn't conducive to outdoor exercise.
2) The workout room. The hotel had two cardio machines and a cable weight sytem. The machines were older but worked fine. The only problem is the ventilation in the workout room was lacking. If two people are working out in there, it becomes a sauna. Not really a big deal - just a minor issue.

Overall, this is a great value and the rooms are very worthwhile. The rooms all have a fridge, microwave, couch, and coffee table. Great for relaxing and doing some work. This hotel made my business trip easy. The hotel offers easy access to Route 40 and I-95 - a bonus. While I would prefer having easy access to more commerce within walking distance and a friendlier running environment, I would stay here again for business.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms tend to be noisy due to the proximity to the lobby. 2nd/3rd floor rooms are very nic...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Karen K, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / APG South, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear CWO_ACB,

We thank you for your compliments and high praise of the LaQuinta Inn & Suites - Edgewood/APG South. This boutique like hotel is often referred to as a hidden gem and is
a popular hotel for business travelers due to it's fresh modern decor, large guest rooms, convenience to APG, APG-EA, shopping, etc... You are indeed correct that having a car opens up many more dining opportunities as the one restaurant within walking distance may not provide enough variety for guests staying long term.

We can't imagine receiving higher compliments than what you gave us: a perfect ranking of 5 out of 5 on Trip Advisor, your recommendation to stay to others on TripAdvisor and that we made your business trip easy. We plan on earning that perfect 5 each time you return!

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Until then, safe travels always!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
West Nyack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

A big thank you to staff member, Herschel, at this location for being a standout employee. From booking our room to making sure everything was to our liking - he went over and above!!! In addition, this hotel is very clean, the rooms are modern w/nice bathrooms and the breakfast is very adequate. Although not in the most pleasing of locations, the staff here and most especially Herschel was willing to to all they could to make the stay an awesome, pleasant, relaxing experience. We were staying at the hotel for a lacrosse tournament - thanks again for a nice experience. No pool.

Room Tip: Speak to Herschel and let him know your needs, he will make certain the room fulfills your needs! Al...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Karen K, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / APG South, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear PaulaDV2014,

Thank you so much for your compliments and high praise of both the hotel and Harschal! He does indeed go above and beyond to make sure our guests are happy and we are so pleased that you took the time to comment on that. Not only do we appreciate your comments on the excellent customer service experience you received, we are glad that you let other TripAdvisor readers know that you found the hotel to be extremely clean with large guestrooms. Our contemporary boutique like hotel is a favorite of many.

Thank you for commenting on the location. The hotel is tucked away behind another hotel and not readily visible from the road. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your travels take you to or through the Aberdeen/Bel Air/Edgewood areas of Maryland.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

After a long rainy drive from South Carolina we arrived to a very nice room on the first floor. We had our dog with us so the first floor was very convenient for outdoor trips with her. Person at the desk was very pleasant. The area feels safe and is a perfect place for us to stop between Pawley's Island, SC and upstate NY.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen K, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / APG South, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Janice B,

We are so glad that you stayed with us at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites - Edgewood/APG South during your trip from South Caroline to NY. (Pawleys' Island is beautiful, isn't it?) I can imagine the peace of mind you felt after so much driving and in the rain no less, to find our boutique like hotel so inviting for you and your dog. We hope to have the pleasure of your company again the next time your travels take you to or through the Bel Air/Edgewood/Aberdeen areas of Maryland. Until then, safe travels always.
New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here last weekend for a lacrosse tournament. The hotel was very clean, and our room was very spacious. The hotel is situated in what seems to be a newer industrial park with a few other hotels, and the area surrounding it had plenty to offer in terms of being able to shop for a few things, get lunch, see a movie, etc. The staff was extremely accommodating - when I asked what time breakfast would be ready, I was told that normally it began at 7, but since they knew that some of the girls had earlier games, they would have it set up earlier. Just as they said - when we came down at 6:30, breakfast was already out. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: We were right next to the elevator, and could definitely hear noise from people waiting for the elev...
Dear mrszuhwiggins,

Thank you so much for your compliments and high praise of your stay experience at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites - Edgewood/APG South. We thank you for highlighting exactly those items that other travelers find important when looking for guidance on hotel accommodations on TripAdvisor - the extreme cleanliness of the hotel and guest rooms, the spacious guest rooms, our responsive guest service and of course our convenient proximity to shopping, restaurants, etc..

We hope you will come back and stay with us again the next time your travels take you to or through the Bel Air/Edgewood/Aberdeen areas of Maryland. Until then, safe travels always.
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

It was very clean and the staff was friendly. Room was nice too. For allowing dogs, I wish they had more grounds to allow them to have outside. The parking area was a little tight. Although the food at the breakfast area looked good, I didn't have time to eat. The breakfast ended at 9 am. I had traveled all day and checked in at 330 am. It would have been nice to get a good breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Karen K, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / APG South, responded to this review, June 23, 2014

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Yvonne R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your guest experience at the newer LaQuinta Inn & Suites - Edgewood/APG South. We appreciate your compliments on the hotel cleanliness of the hotel and the excellent customer service. Due to the high demand of the property, parking can at times be tight but we hope you were not inconvenienced too much.

We hope next time you visit that you have time to enjoy our complimentary just right size breakfast. Until then, safe travels always!
Locust Grove, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

When I checked in, I was told I would get the rate I used when I made the reservation on the internet. When I checked out, I was overcharged. I brought it to the attention to the clerk and he told me I had to take it up with the clerk that checked me in the night before. He then handed me my receipt back and turned to "help" someone else! The comforters on the beds had large lumps in them from being washed instead of dry cleaned. The parts that were lumps were as useful as a sheet, no warmth. Also, the showers were so loud, the room next door woke me up very, very early. There was also mold in the shower.
I will never stay at a LaQuinta again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Karen K, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / APG South, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Keke703,

Thank you for your candid feedback on your recent stay at our LaQuinta Inn & Suites. Please accept my sincere apologies on your disappointment. Though our hotel consistenly receives brand recognition as well as being a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence hotel provider, we clearly fell very short of your expectations and therefore our own.

We do receive many comments about our comfortors since they are not typically what one sees in residential settings. The design and "lumps" are intentional to provide the optimal sleeping comfort. They are manufactured specifically for the hotel industry and not made to be dry cleaned. While we truly wish all of our guests rather than most of our guests found the beds and linens comfortable, it doesn't always happen.

We do apologize again for the overall negative impression that we left you. We hope this experience does not tarish the entire brand in your eyes and that you will consider staying at other LaQuinta Inn's and Suites across the country.
Sterling, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We traveled to my husbands reunion in Princeton. The stays that we had at this hotel and another LaQuinta were satisfying. LaQuinta has not let us down yet. The accommodations are always clean and the staff pleasant to us no matter the time of arrival.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lynno917,

We are so pleased that you have given the newer LaQuinta Inn & Suites - Edgewood/APG your resounding two thumbs up and a perfect ranking of 5 on TripAdvisor. We realize that our repeat guests are the highest compliment we can receive and you have provided us just that. We look forward to earning the perfect 5 each and every time we have you as our guest.

Until next time, safe travels always!

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / APG South? Share your experiences!