“Throw back to the 60's” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Annapolis, Maryland
“Throw back to the 60's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

But there was nothing wrong with the 60's! Seriously, they haven't changed the decor since then. So if you're looking for a modern place this is not it. I love the look - it takes me back. We arrived late on a Wednesday evening. Wednesday is the night they run their crabcake special and the place was packed. We waited about 30 mintes. When we were seated our server Deb immediately took our drink order. I ordered ginger ale - which no one else in the world offers. (Deb was very busy but attentive.) My mom ordered the special and I got the fried oysters. I also decided on the salad bar. The salad bar is small with your typical salad fair along with potato salad, cole salw and macaroni salad. Everything seemed fresh and while it was nothing to write home about I had no real complaints either. Our food came after a short wait. My mom got 2 crabcakes, green beans and a twice baked potato. I got the oysters with a brown potato which is boiled and then deep fried. It is also a throw back to another time but it's good and I always get one. The oysters were lightly breaded and so plentiful and yummy. So often when I order oysters I get 4, 6 or if I'm lucky, 8. I had at least 20 on my plate! When my ginger ale got a little low Deb brought me a min pitcher to refill. The crabcake special was $15.95 and the oysters $24.95. Well worth it!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Always come here for the crab cakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just like everyone else, We come here for the crabcakes. We usually order extra, freeze them, and bring them home with us to Minnesota. There is nothing fancy about this place. The decor is dated and the salad bar is nothing special. But the crabcakes are the best. Huge lumps of meat with little filler. This place is family owned with food made from scratch; definitely worth a visit.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edgewater, Maryland
“Crabcakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

They will tell you that the crabmeat is not necessarily from Maryland, but who cares! They are the best and biggest crabcakes in the area. No filler, just lots of good crabmeat and spices. Their other menu items are good too, but I always order the crabcakes.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maryland
“Excellent crab cakes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Stopped by on a recent Sunday afternoon after having read a local article on the best crab cakes in the area. Nice, down to earth atmosphere after a windblown day of sailing, no problems with shorts and tee shirts. Crab cake, at 15.95 for one (with side and salad bar) was phenominal. Large, baseball sizef cake with huge lumps of crab (indonesian I believe, too big for MD crab), had very little filler and was delicious. Only crticism was they might be using a little too much mayo, but easy to overlook that minor flaw. Bottom line, really some of the best crab cakes in the area and a great value.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Best -- and largest -- crabcakes in the Annapolis area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Edgewater Restaurant's softball-sized crabcakes are worth the trip. Sure, the restaurant is non-descript. The decor harkens back to the 50's (perhaps not in a particularly good way). Salad bar is meh. But the crabcakes; just great! The platter gives you 2 softball-sized beauties that literally are too much to consume in one sitting (which makes for a great doggie bag home). Little or no filler, they are the best in the Annnapolis area, hands down.....

• Visited August 2012