“Decent food, bad service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Easton, Maryland
“Decent food, bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I've been here a few different nights in the past couple months. The speed bingo and the trivia are a lot of fun, and really the only reason to go back. The food is pretty good; I've gotten the Chesapeake Chicken, the fried pickles, and the Smokehouse Burger. I was a little disappointed in the burger- it sounded much better on the menu than it actually was. And that night I wanted a small side salad instead of the pub chips, and I still got the pub chips. It wasn't that big of a deal but it's another reason I don't like the waitstaff. I've had a different waitress every time and each one I've had was inattentive and messed up my food. I've ordered things and never gotten them and I payed full price for my burger on half price burger night. And when I want to leave after an event (like the trivia) I have to wait another half hour for our waitress to come back. Definitely not my favorite place, but I'll go back every once in a while for the bingo and the trivia.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, MD
“Washington Street Pub okay for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were looking for cream of crab soup for lunch, and this place had it on the menu. We got the cup portions for starters and they were tasty with good amounts of lump meat. I ordered a half dozen blue point oysters on the half-shell at $1.60 each, but was delivered the larger "baker's dozen" serving, which I wasn't prepared to pay for. The waitress apologized for her mistake, and took the plate away returning with 6 oysters. She had second thoughts and shortly returned to offer the additional 7 oysters at no charge since it was "her mistake and they were already shucked"... I accepted her offer which I thought was generous, although a bit shaky on initial recovery. We also ordered fried shrimp for a main course, and 6 jumbo shrimp were served with a big heap of round, crinkle cut "pub fries", both of which were tasty. When we asked for bread, we were served a two inch round fragment of French bread cut into three slices (really?) We asked for more and got the same miniature serving.... Maybe there is a local bakery strike....
The décor is pretty tired, and the selection of light fixtures is bad - glaring clear bulbs with clear shades are hurtful to the eyes. Time for a renovation, at least they should get some new light fixtures. I wouldn't put this stop very high on our list, but it was okay for the price and the food was actually pretty good, which is what really matters.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Monday night bartender has a bad attitude and is extremely slow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm a local resident who enjoys the speed bingo offered on Monday nights..
However the bartender is a rude frigid you know what. Not only do you have to wave her down to get a drink BC she is so busy talking to friends and coworkers but its also like pulling teeth to get a menu (and a refill). She's the one with strawberry blonde hair...the young girl with dark brown hair is usually really good, but redhead is just plain rude and has an incredibly bad attitude and zero charisma. Everytime I've been there when she's working other patrons at the bar complain about her crappy service and personality. This girl needs to be fired before summer BC she's running ppl off. I won't be going back unless the shrew is kicked out from behind the bar and hidden in the kitchen where she belongs. Food is decent for the price, nothing to write home about. Happy hour prices are actually great. You get a lot of tools in the bar late night so watch out ladies unless you're in to the whole lifted truck without a muffler thing. Bathrooms could be cleaner and the doors are hard to shut. Best value is definitely burger night, then again that's when the ice queen works so beware! Other than that the manager when there seems genuinely nice and works hard. Agreed the bus boy is good about going around promoting drinks and making sure ppl have everything they want.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Easton, Maryland
“Fun Times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great food Its a fun place to sit back and enjoy the pub life. Lots of locals at the beautiful bar enjoying a cold beer reflecting on there day.The service is outstanding the pub is very clean its also a good family stop if you have kids

Visited March 2013
Damascus, Maryland
“Nice place for a beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stopped in to the Washington Street Pub for a late night drink. The decor is cool; nice wood, some brick, long bar, balcony where live music was playing. They have about 30 different beers on tap. Would frequent more often if we lived in the area.

Visited March 2013