“Freshy Bar-B-Q!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Easton, Maryland
“Freshy Bar-B-Q!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Can't go wrong ordering anything on the menu. Chopped beef sandwich great and don't forget to ask for the pickle. Pecan Pie is outstanding.

Visited April 2013

85% Recommend
Carmel, Indiana
“Good BBQ, modern decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Enjoyed the pulled pork with a wonderful assortment of sauces. Disappointed in the bun,though. Service was good, the place is small, might have to wait. Parking is on the street.

Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Amazing Brisket!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Was looking for lunch and found the BBQ Joint. The ribs and brisket are amazing! Loved the mac and cheese as well. Worth a stop if youre headed to the shore...

Visited June 2013
Salisbury, Maryland, United States
“Spare Ribs, Autentic BBQ and much more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Easton Maryland is really lucky. Sure they have a quaint downtown where you can walk and window shop. They have low crime and all, but I'm talking BBQ here! The BBQ joint has that rare combination of terrific recipes and good management in a guy named Andrew Evans. If you live in Easton, no way you don't know about this place. If you are heading through town on your way to the beach, make it a point to come, and come hungry.

I was able to park on the street (free) with no problem on a Saturday evening around 6. I assume during the week lunch might be more of a challenge, however, even if you have to walk a block it is worth the stop, just about a half mile off route 50. On to the food:

Our party started with the wings. They are NOT breaded, and NOT fried, rather they are smoked and coated with The BBQ Joint's Competition Rub spices. I would not call them Buffalo or even hot, but they are delicious. On first taste, I knew the wings alone would bring me back. While I am no wing connoisseur, I like really good uncomplicated food like this. On the table there I found 3 kinds of proprietary sauce: sweet, spicy and a combination swicy! Not sure I got the spelling right on that one. ANYWAY, the wings were tender, and delicious just the way they came out (by the way, the food comes out on pizza pan "plates" with traditional red checkered paper - a nice touch!) but I was eager to try the swicy sauce and was glad I did. My partner in BBQ has a more sophisticated palate then I and enjoyed the hotter sauce. Also on the table were obligatory ketchup, Texas Pete, and Tabasco. I advise dropping the extra $5 for a double order of wings, but know you may have to pack part of your dinner home. Next time in I will also try the "Redneck" nachos as ours was the only table I saw without them!

Next we had the Barbecue Tasting Sampler. I wanted to go with the larger T-Rex - a $70 array including a whole chicken, a whole rack of St. Louis Ribs and half pound quantities of pulled pork and brisket. Add to that 4 side items. Cooler heads prevailed.

The smaller sampler is easy on the wallet, under $20, and includes all of the above in smaller quantities. My first bite I tried the beef brisket - lean, tender, flavorful and enhanced with sauce if you like. A real winner. Next was the pulled pork. Some of the best I have ever had. Unbelievably tender with an excellent texture for perfect mouth-ability. Many around us had this as a sandwich, and the sampler came with a roll, but I liked it as it was, an Eastern Carolina vinegar style product, but not wet. I sauced up the second half of my serving for variety and the fusion of flavors between the pork and the sauce made a perfect match. Bravo Mr. Evans.

Next was the St. Louis style ribs. I am not sure of the appropriate accolade to heap on them. Yes, they were tender and delicious - but so much more. The size and shape reminded me of a traditional Chinese carryout product. These are available with a dry rub, but I like mine wet. I like these better then Famous you-know-who. Just sayin. Also, for the record, I am a BIG fan of Adam's, the Place for Ribs (Annapolis and surrounding areas) for baby backs, but the BBQ Joint serves spare ribs - a different species as it were, and they are great!

The final protein on the sampler was the chicken - we elected on the dark meat (add $1 for white) and it was as tender and juicy as the wings, but seasoned differently. Another win here.

After the sampler came dinner where we were served a half rack of ribs and a "choose any two meats." Here was where we took advantage of our newly gained experience with the sampler.

As far as sides - the choices are fairly typical and include Cole slaw, potato salad, corn bread (served with real butter), collard greens, boardwalk style french fries and more. We rated the corn bread a thumbs up and the collard greens good to very good, but not "slap yo momma" mmm mmm. The mac - n cheese was also good and I would like to see the chef make that a pet project. No way do I want to insult, I merely am noting that this is a good area to shine and many places serve M n C as a signature dish. Maybe mix in some corn kernels and spicy jalapeno? I will leave it to the experts...

Before I give my final review I wanted to point out that seating is limited to about 30 including inside and outside. Carryout is available and I saw a LOT of food walking out in togo bags. Our visit was on a 90 degree day and it was pretty warm inside. Not sure if the air was broken or non-existent. There were more then a few flies about as well. We ended up moving outside where there was a fan and a cool breeze, so no problem, just be aware.

I took a careful look at the staff and all were using appropriate food safety precautions which I like and our wait, Justine, was well educated on the menu, attentive, and kind. She gets two thumbs up and a big smile! The single bathroom was clean and neat, free from odors and had the coolest sink I have ever seen in a restaurant so be sure to check it out when you wash your hands!

The final word: I will be back soon. Nice ambiance, extensive choices of well prepared and presented authentic BBQ'd proteins with ample sides at fair prices. BTW: beer, wine, and interesting sounding desserts available. STOP IN!

Menu here:

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
easton, md
“NC BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Good barbecue if you like NC style. wish they had jalapeno corn bread. My preference is Texas BBQ so I'm a bit prejudiced.

Visited October 2012