“Beautifully renovated, wonderful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Inn at 202 Dover
202 E Dover St, Easton, MD 21601   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Easton B&B and Inns
Baltimore
“Beautifully renovated, wonderful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

The Inn at 202 Dover has been lovingly and exquisitely restored to its original grandeur by Ron and Shelby. We enjoyed hearing about the restoration and Ron was happy to talk with us at length. The staff were wonderful, the food quality and presentation were fantastic and the amenities were top-of-the-line. Each room is beautiful and so if you're going to be out and about rather than at the Inn for most of your stay, I would recommend the Victorian Guest Room rather than one of the suites (these include sitting rooms) to save money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this Inn for our Anniversary, it was our first time to the Easton, St.Michaels area, and we already can't wait to visit again. The Inn at 202 Dover was such a great place to stay. It was elegant, clean, comfortable, the owners were so friendly, and they made an awesome breakfast. We stay at alot of B&B's and this was by far our favorite with the best breakfast. We stayed in the Victorian room, and were fully satisfied with it. It was a beautiful room. We only stayed one night, but we were able to visit shops and sightsee in Easton and St. Michaels both during those two days. We also had a great dinner at St. Michael's Streak and Crab House. We will be booking this room again the next time we visit the area and have already recommened it to family and friends!

Room Tip: All the rooms were equally great!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I'm not a regular bed and breakfast patron, however I have been to one before. This Inn was beautiful and charming, very well decorated and had great amenities, and wonderful history. The food was delicious and the cookies at bed time were a particularly nice touch. The vodka tasting was wonderful, I learned a lot about vodka. As someone who does not drink a lot, Ron made me feel comfortable and taught me a lot. I hear they have ladies nights sometimes for vodka and wine tastings, that sounds like fun!

There is very little I would say that is negative about that Inn. If I could give it 4.5 stars I would. I would say, that at times I felt like a bit awkward in the small and cozy public areas of the inn: the library, the sitting room, when they were being used by others. But the suites were spacious and nicely decorated. The steam shower was absolutely fabulous!

If I had occasion to be in the area again I would gladly stay here again if i had the funds to get a suite. The prices, while good for an Inn of such quality, are still on the higher side if it isn't for a special occasion.

Room Tip: We liked the English and French suites the best.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

We had a wonderful romantic weekend at the Inn at 202 Dover. On Friday evening we attended a vodka tasting, presented by the host, which was informative and fun. Our suite was beautiful and luxurious, and the restaurant was first rate.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

The warmth and hospitality extended to me during my stay made my visit to the Inn at 202 Dover exceptional and memorable. As someone who travels a lot, I greatly appreciated the attention to all of the little details that make a stay more comfortable: turn-down service, complimentary snacks and beverages, and the cozy feel of a library and lounge. The suite was beautiful and the bed was perfect for a great night’s rest. An extra special touch was the local artwork in the garden. This is a lovely inn tucked into a lovely part of the country – I hope to return sometime soon!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Wye Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed a perfect Valentine's dinner this weekend at the lovely Peacock Restaurant located within the Inn. With impeccable service, a meal rivaling the best NYC restaurants and a lovely dinner band to dance the night away, my wife and I were saying this was the definitely our best experience on the Maryland Eastern Shore. Ask for table 10 on the porch and you won't be disappointed as your hosts Shelby & Ron are there to insure that your experience is perfect.
The Dryka's - Wye Mills

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Rockville, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

We stayed at Inn at 202 Dover on a Friday night to celebrate our anniversary. We were impressed with the elegant and lovely building, public areas, and rooms (all except ours are suites). We were in the Victorian room, which is nice enough but fairly small (though the bathroom is big)--unlike the huge and beautiful suites that we saw, the Victorian was not a room we would want to spend a lot of time in other than for sleeping. I think the price of the room--$279 plus tax--is a little high, but the suite prices were much higher so the Victorian seemed like a relative bargain. If we were going to stay more than one night I would definitely want to stay in a suite.

The bathroom had an air jet tub (which my husband tried and liked) and rain shower combination. There was good water pressure, and thick towels and robes were provided. One thing that would have been nice to have is a nightlight in the bathroom, because I didn't like having to turn on the bright light in the middle of the night.

One of the thoughtful amenities of the inn is a communal drinks and snack area with water and soda in the fridge and all kinds of hot drinks to make with the machine (a Tassimo, I think), as well as granola bars, chips, etc. Water bottles are in your room, and they put chocolate cookies in the room while we were out.

The innkeepers, Ron and Shelby, are welcoming, helpful, and interesting to talk to.

It was a delight eating breakfast in the sunny enclosed porch /dining room, and Ron made a delicious hot cocoa for me (I had mentioned my preference for cocoa or tea when we reserved the room). There is also a beautiful Victorian conservatory next to the dining room. They serve dinner at the inn also but we did not eat there. The night we were there they were hosting a rehearsal dinner, which was pretty loud, but they left between 10 and 11 and it was quiet after that except for a couple of people slamming room doors when they came in later and also when they went out early Saturday morning.

All in all this is an excellent choice for a romantic or other special getaway.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
SFMMaryland, Owner at Inn at 202 Dover, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
A regular guest of ours informed us of this review and after reading it, we were a bit dismayed. If you look at prior reviews we have received nothing but top honors from all of our guests, including those who have regularly stayed in the Victorian Bedroom which is our most regularly requested room because of the price/value. The guest comments centered on the sleep, value and pricing. For the past few years we have been ranked number 1 in Easton and this review clearly knocked us out of the box. Actually, the review was ok but the grading is where we do have serious concerns. We are the only inn that has turn-down service nightly, providing clean towels and snacks for the evening. Our beds are the most expensive available and as all prior guests have commented, the best they've slept on. In the final analysis, we would greatly appreciate eliminating the review and relying upon all of the past reviews thereby placing us back on top where we certainly belong. I would be happy to discuss this in person with you if you would like.
Ronald Mitchell
Owner & Innkeeper
Inn at 202 Dover a Select Registry Property
Voted Top 10 Romantic Inn in America 2011

Been to Inn at 202 Dover? Share your experiences!