“So few reviews...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 57 Restaurants in Dundalk
Cuisines: Family Fare
“So few reviews...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It's hard to believe that a place in business over 50years has so few reviews! Maybe because it was just average. The place wasn't very crowded on a Saturday for lunch but the service was inattentive and slow. The food was just ok. The hot turkey sandwich was very salty and yet the potato salad had no salt. The inside of the restaurant was done in a pleasant Dundalk style but the outside of the bar entrance made you wary of going inside at all.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore, Maryland
“Small touches make a big difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

You can't really argue too much with a place that has been around since 1953. Their website says they aim to provide a warm, friendly atmosphere and serve good food at affordable prices. From my recent experience there, they seem to have nailed all of these goals. The waitress couldn't have been any friendlier and the booth seats were amazingly comfortable, so before I even ate a single bite of food I was already feeling right at home. To start the meal the waitress brought out the obligatory warmed loaf of french bread as well as an old fashioned sundae fountain glass full of homemade potato chips. Definitely was not expecting the potato chips, and as I've been finding lately in my travels, it's the little things that make a big difference, so this nice touch was right up my alley. The chips were good to boot, so the meal continued to be off to a good start. For my entree I got blackened catfish that came with a side of mac & cheese and fried green tomatoes (I substituted in french fries). The mac & cheese was decent, but the fries lacked a bit of life and flavor. The fish though was amaaaazing. I usually don't order fish at restaurants because I like to actually chew my food, but man am I glad I did in this instance. It wasn't exactly the largest portion, but the spice and flavor was such that I gladly ate small pieces at a time and savored every bite. Overall, I can see why this place continues to be going strong after so many years. Definitely worth considering if you're in the area.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“wing ding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

took a girlfriend from up in Pa. here after doing her hair at RoseMaries unisex salon, same shopping center. love the bar atmosphere and of course had to get my hotwings. YUMMY! She had a turkey club and we were both very pleased with food and service

Visited July 2012