“Remarkable array of hotdog and sausage selections.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Derwood
Cuisines: American, Hot Dogs
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Specializing in gourmet hot dogs from around the country, Whirly Fries, and Waffsticks. Try "true-to-form" Chicago Dogs, NY Dogs, Jersey Dogs, DC Dogs, WVA Dogs, AZ Dogs... even try the new Rockville Reuben Dog and Annandale Koreatown Dog!
Derwood, MD
“Remarkable array of hotdog and sausage selections.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

If you like hotdogs and sausages, this is the place to go. There are so many to choose from. When we dined this evening the food was so hot (and that's good) we had to wait a moment until it cooled down. The sweet potato fries are some of the best we've ever eaten. The only drawback is the limited seating. There are only 3 tables and a counter about 8 feet long. If you live close by, carryout might be a good option. Despite this last part, it's really worth the visit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Excellent Hot Dogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I found out about this place on Trip Advisor. I live in Gaithersburg and I was looking for a new place to try. I am glad I found GAHD.

I love hot dogs but there are not many places where you can get a good hot dog in Gaithersburg. You could schlep down to DC for a half smoke at Ben's Chili Bowl or go to Five Guys but they dont have much of a selection. Save yourself some time and go to GAHD.

They have a HUGE selection of different types of dogs and sausages based on favorites from all over the US.

I tried the DC Half Smoke (same as the famous one from Ben's) and it was AWESOME! Just as good as Ben's if not better. I also tried a NJ ripper dog (deep fried until it rips open) and that was delicious as well. My wife tried the Atlanta dog (Chili, cheese, onions) and the corn dog and both were very good.

We got side of fried and onion rings. The fries were good, pretty standard. The onion rings were OK, I prefer battered onion rings but they were alright.

The only reason I did not give this place a 5 rating is because of the prices. They are a little high but definitely not enough of a deterrent to not go.

If you love hot dogs, you must try this place!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Very Good Eats in G-Burg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

There place is tiny and before we left the was a line almost out the door. A good sign. The dogs are on the money. I had the Chicago Dog, my wife had there special a gyro style hot dog and we split a West Virginia dog. All three were very flavorful. I liked the juiciness of the all beef hot dogs and they had a nice snap too. There is such a variety to choose from I look forward to trying some of the other dogs soon. And a added bonus the service was great!!

Visited March 2013
Montgomery Village
“GAWD-licious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Fantastic! Greatest American Hotdogs (GAWD) is THE place to go anywhere in this area for authentic and delicious hotdogs and half-smokes with so many incredible varieties from around the country. We decided today after our first visit that we’re coming back every week for the next year just to try them all! Seriously, we were pleasantly surprised with this relatively new hotdog “bistro” that started off as very successful food truck business which has now expanded to include this small delightful place in the Montgomery County Airpark. Service was super good and friendly, the small dining area was very clean and sported a tasteful nostalgic décor of yesteryear, and our dogs and sides arrived quickly. The owners checked on us several times to ask if we were enjoying our lunch (Chicago Dog, BLT Dog, sides of fried dill pickle spears and tater tots!!!!). We’re hotdog fans and having eaten dogs all over the country can say that GAWD ranks among the top for gourmet hotdogs. You've got to try it – we don’t think you’ll be disappointed!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maryland
“Good hotdogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great new place althought I thought the hotdogs were kind of pricey. 2 plain hot dogs and fries were over 15 bucks. The lady taking the order was very nice. The place is kind of hard to find and in a strip industrial park. Defenitley a nice change from a burger joint.

Visited April 2013