“Great Basic Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Cumberland Downtown

You added Ramada Cumberland Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 S. George St., Cumberland, MD 21502 (Formerly Holiday Inn Cumberland Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cumberland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chantilly, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A good location to stay. Breakfast is the highlight and watching trains if one is a train lover. My grandson loved watching them.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

CT W, General Manager at Ramada Cumberland Downtown, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Chantilly, Va.,
Thank you for choosing the Ramada Inn for your recent trip to Cumberland. Sounds like someone's grandson should look for a train memory under the tree this year.

Thank you for staying with us. We hope you come again.

Centreville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel stay itself was great, but the process of making the reservations left a bit to be desired.

When I called to make the reservation, I informed the associate that I was in town on business for the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad Foundation who had reserved a special rate. The Associate insisted that they didn't have any special rate, which I knew to be incorrect. We went back and forth for several rounds and I finally told him I'd just make the reservation at one of the other hotels in town that had the special rate. He relented and said he'd book me for the railroad rate, but he'd have to verify with his sales manager and would call me back if there was an issue. Apparently there was not, I didn't hear from them again.

When I arrived at the hotel, I explained that an associate of mine was also going to be coming in later that evening and I'd need a second keycard for them. I was curtly told that since there was only one person present, I only needed one keycard. It was fairly late so I chose not to make a battle out of it.

Also, as a bit of a train enthusiast, I asked for a room on the side of the hotel facing the tracks. The front desk attendant said that the special rate we were listed under didn't cover "trackside rooms". Again, being late, I chose not to make a battle out of it.

The next day I decided to pull the string a little, and asked the dayshift attendant about trackside rooms. She told me that she was unaware of any rules in the rate that would have prevented us from having a trackside room.

Again, the hotel is nice, and it is convenient being right downtown. I just wish the front desk staff when I checked in late would have been a little more friendly. I felt as though I was causing him some sort of inconvenience simply by being there.

Harrigans, as always, is a fine restaurant, and our server (I think it was Mia) was top notch.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sean,
Thank you and your wonderful group for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. I hope that you enjoyed the dinner and getting together with fellow enthusiasts. I am very sorry to hear my clerk could not be bothered and assure you your business is vital to our success. I will address the poor attitude immediately. Thank you for staying with us.

Mineral City, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We are a motorcoach tour company with reservations, where do I start with the problems we had!
1. After double & triple checking about the status of our rooms, it was still screwed up, passengers in single bed when they should of double and vice a versa.
2. Only 1 waitress in lounge/restaurant being no one told them that a bus group was coming in
3. Had to call so many times just to get a contract & get invoice to pay for stay
4. No area reserved for motorcoach to park.
5. Trains going by all night, made it very hard to sleep
6. Calls into manager never returned. that even includes, owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There were star employees who did their best to remedy this awful situation-Shahed Abbas, this fine gentleman should be the manager!! He help was fabulous!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Clare,
I am sorry to have caused you such grief during your recent trip to our hotel. Obviously we were not prepared to care for your group and deserve your ire. We will work hard in the future to insure we are ready to receive your guests in the manner in which they should expect to be received.

I am not surprised to hear that Mr. Abbas was the star of the staff. He is exceptional and I will be certain to share your comments with him.

Please accept my sincerest apology for our dismal performance.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I were on our way home for Thanksgiving. The snow storm won. We stopped and got a room here at what had been the Holiday Inn. The price was reasonable. Breakfast vouchers were included. The clerk even included drink vouchers. My husband was thrilled that our room faced the train area. Trains. Trains. Trains. This is the place to see trains all day and night. Dinner was okay. Breakfast was nice. Room was clean. Mattress comfortable. Couch was uncomfortable, unfortunately. However, my hubby didn't mind as he sat and enjoyed watching the trains.

Room Tip: Train fans, request rooms on the upper floors to really be able to see the trains.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LadyeHawke,
Thank you for sharing your experiences at our hotel and for allowing your husband to enjoy the show. Please hurry back.

Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wonderful City. We stayed at this location because of it was a close walk to the Train Station. We took our children on the North Pole Experience Train Ride. Hotel Staff friendly and professional. Cleanliness was outstanding. Loved that the hotel was pet friendly. I only wished the beds were a little more comfortable, but we still slept fine. The breakfast was greatand the waiter was excellent. A little more expensive than what we would normally spend but it was worth it to be so close to train station and to be with my family and see the smiles on the little ones for the train ride.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

CT W, General Manager at Ramada Cumberland Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Carrie,
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of a life long memory for your family. I am certain the children LOVED the Polar Express excursion.

Thanks for staying with us.

Merry Christmas
CT Weber

Been to Ramada Cumberland Downtown? Share your experiences!