“Great Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
LaVale, Maryland
“Great Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

City Lights in Downtown Cumberland, MD is one of my favorite places to go for lunch. They have some of the best waitresses around! I always have great & friendly service. Good food, too. If you're lucky enough to be there on a day they have blackberry cobbler, get it. I like, too, that they support the arts and every month feature a different local artist. My only complaint - they are a little pricy.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Annapolis
“Great bar and restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Had dinner on a Saturday night, had martinis in the bar downstairs, nice cozy bar. Dinner was steak, salad and veggies.
Nicest restaurant in town, we felt. No Grey Goose but had Ketel One. Great service.

Visited November 2013
Needham
“Lunch was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I both had a cup of crab soup. I really liked it and my husband was not as enthusiastic about it. I had a portobello salad with very fresh greens that was perfect. My husband had a white fish sandwich which he enjoyed. We ended our meal with a blackberry cobbler that we shared.

The atmosphere was pleasant, service was excellent and I would highly recommend lunch here. Prices were extremely reasonable.

We got here by accident, having never before been in Cumberland. We were headed to the Culinary Cafe but found that it was not open on Mondays. A kind, pleasant woman that we met suggested City Lights. And now you know the rest of the story.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Now THIS is dinner !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Extensive wine list, paired with selectable cheese plates with a vast array of selections. Dinner is nicely done with fresh ingredients and presented very well. Very reasonable pricing. Right downtown on the pedestrian mall. A great relaxed dinner spot.

Visited October 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Pretty reasonable, not for the choosy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was in Cumberland and wanting lunch. I walked by and this looked good, plus the reviews were reasonable. I had simple stuff - soup and a burger. I specifically asked for the burger medium, and it came out what I would describe as medium rare. They claimed that was "their" medium. I suppose it wasn't a real problem, but I wasn't so impressed. It wasn't a bad burger, and I was generally satisfied with lunch, but I don't recall quite such a difference of opinion as to doneness in the past...

• Visited October 2013