“Casual dining” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Harmony, Pennsylvania
“Casual dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The drink special the night we were there was a Long Island ice tea - good! We only had sandwiches but they were really good - especially the steak and mushroom sandwich. Our service was fine, but we were there a bit later and it wasn't so crowded.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

McKinney, Texas
“Go for the Crab Cakes, not the LOUSY SERVICE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My hotel in Cumberland, MD recommended this place. They stated that the food was very good and that there was a good selection of beers. They were dead on. Unfortunately, what they didn't prepare me for was the terrible service by my so-called server.

The Crab Cake sandwich was fantastic. It simply melted in my mouth. The sandwich comes on a soft wheat bun with lettuce and tomato. The lettuce was good, green lettuce, not the cheap iceberg type and the bun complimented the cake nicely. The tomato slice, however, overpowered the tender flavor of the crab cake so I removed it and then thoroughly enjoyed the sandwich. The french fries were good and crispy as requested, although the $1.50 upcharge was a bit much (you get a basic bag of Lay's otherwise).

Overall, the portion size was a bit small but I didn't leave hungry.

Unfortunately, the service left much to be desired. Only three tables were occupied when I was there, a 4-top and a 2-top and mine. This is hardly a crowd for a single server. However, the server could never stop fast-walking and rushing around the restaurant as if she were trying to serve eight tables herself. Most servers will make (or at least respond to) some minor small talk and be personable. This server could not do either. After my meal arrived, and it arrived very quickly, she disappeared into her blur of 'activity'. When she finally came by to ask me how the food was, she didn't wait for my answer but rushed off. I called after her as I wanted some additional tartar sauce. She slowed, looked over her shoulder and told me she'd get it. I continued to watch her blur around the restaurant for a three or four minutes then she disappeared into the kitchen for about five additional minutes. When she came out, she didn't stop at my table or even acknowledge that I had requested the tartar sauce. I needed to remind her and she replied flippantly that she had forgotten. This is hardly the type of service I'd expect.

So, to sum it up, slightly overpriced for the portion size, great beer selection, excellent food. Unfortunately, the terrible service is a killer for this place. Had the food not been so good, this place would have gotten a "Terrible" rating.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“BAD SERVICE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Service was bad!! The So called Manager was very rude the food was to expensive for the what you got and not that great. Mezzo's wings much better!!

Visited March 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Cajun food and beer selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This bar has no business being in the middle of the the downtown Cumberland Mall. The beer and food selection is Texan/Louisianan. The gumbo, etouffee, burgers, and pizzas are great and so is the beer selection. Try to find Shiner Bock somewhere else. At a bar. I dare you.

It gets very busy and the place is small so a). space is limited. b). seating is limited. c). the servers can sometimes be flustered.

Overall a great place to stop, have some beers, and if you're hungry have some pretty decent Cajun food.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax County, Virginia
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The bartender was very helpful and friendly. Food and drinks were good. We walked from our hotel. It's right in the center of town on the walking street.

Visited November 2012