“Brilliant!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cumberland
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Brilliant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

I travel a lot for business and this was my first visit to a Fairfield Inn in many years. I must say from the moment I walked into the hotel I had to say outloud "WOW"!! This hotel is brilliantly decorated, literally. It's like walking into a rainbow, except the colors are not primary ones!!! Splashes of colors abound: nectarine, lime green, ruby, just gorgeous!!! Beautiful lighting! After coming in from a long day of driving, it was quite mood lifting.

All of the staff I spoke to were cheerful and helpful. I brought a salad with me and asked the front desk receptionist for salt -- she stepped away from her post and went into the kitchenette to bring me the large salt shaker to take to my room. I didn't want to take it so we put the salt into a napkin for me. It's the small things make one comfortable and she seemed more than happy to accomodate my strange request.

I found out from a friendly employee who rode the elevator with me that the hotel was just opened in early August, 2009. Brand new and, of course, meticulous. He told me the only regret he has is not being able to live in the hotel, lol!

The workout area contained state of the art equipment with LCD TV screens on each of the treadmills and on the elliptical machine, a bench and a nice array of dumbells. Although I did not use the adjoining pool, it was of a nice size and inviting. There also was a good size hot tub in the pool area. Just outside the workout area was a lovely patio with more than several patio-umbrella seatings, an outside grill and a surrounding stone wall.

Also there was a guest laundry room, a small beverage/food market, a nicely appointed business center in the lobby with 2 computers, printer and supplies. No problems with the free wifi in the room.

The rooms were so modernly appointed the same bright colors, a nice-sized closet, good size LCD TV with great, clear reception and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was spacious and bright.

I think I was the first guest to stay in my room!! It was absolutely immaculate.

I don't usally eat breakfast, but I took a peek in the morning: juices, fruit and fruit salad, cereals, danishes, boiled eggs and a real treat: Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches wrapped and ready to go!! Even the coffee was good. Lovely.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Cumberland, Maryland area.

The surrounding area of the hotel has some quaint shops and is seemingly a safe place. TheFairfield is located right off of intersecting highways, but once inside the hotel, it is a quiet oasis. Do go!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Annapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

Terrific place. This is the equivalent quality of a regular Marriott several years ago (without the restaurant, bar and concierge of course). I would know as I've been a Platinum Rewards Member for years. Great location next to all the downtown touristy stuff.

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Cumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

the Fairfield is ready to open and I have seen the rooms
they are great, bright, large and look comfortable
the lobby area is big and bright

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland? Share your experiences!