“Exactly what I expected!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cumberland
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Exactly what I expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I booked this hotel because it was a Marriott. After checking in, which I was able to do 4 hours EARLY, I was pleasantly surprised by the convenience of the location! I was taking my girls on the North Pole Express train ride and was so excited when the wonderful front desk clerk informed me that we could walk to the train station!

The hotel was clean, the staff friendly, and the free breakfast FANTASTIC! I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone planning a train excursion!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristineg4
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Kristineg4,
Thank you for your review. We're excited to hear that you stayed with us while taking your children to the nearby North Pole Express train ride. I hope you all had a wonderful time! We're pleased you enjoyed our hotel and staff, and we hope you'll plan to visit us again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel overall. A couple of issues are the paper thin walls (could hear both neighbors talking) and we were given no direction as to pool, fitness room, etc. by the front desk. Usually, as a Silver Elite member the staff is overly accommodating but I felt they could've cared less if we were there. There were also many empty rooms facing the back of the hotel showing the scenic surroundings so I was surprised we didn't get one of those.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Bricktamland7
Bricktamland7,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland. I'm glad you liked our property and recommend it to other viewers. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us as we look forward to providing excellent service and a warm and friendly welcoming.
Cabins, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here for Thanksgiving and found the hotel very convenient. The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated. It is right on the Great Allegheny Passage bike trail and walking distance to the train station, the very interesting C&O Canal museum and downtown pedestrian area. Nice pool area and hot tub.
A few issues: breakfast both Friday & Sat. (esp. Fri. 11/23) were chaotic. Not enough chairs, people eating standing up, some items ran out. We went down at 8:45 (it closed at 9); my husband got the last hard boiled egg and last yogurt. No staff in sight to ask for help. Trash cans overflowing. We finally got a seat when someone left. Just not a pleasant experience. The lounge is set up more for esthetics than practicality - several curving couches and low tables that take up space rather than provide comfortable eating area for the large crowds.
That morning we were also awakened at 8:30 by a knock on the door from the cleaning staff. Never had that happen so early before - was very annoying as we were still in bed. There was no "Do Not Disturb" sign in the room - we later asked for one so this wouldn't happen the next day. The front desk said that the "cleaners start at 8 AM" - didn't think knocking at 8:30 was unusual, apparently.
The front desk was under-staffed. Usually only one person working or sometimes no one; had to wander around looking for help. Clerks were pleasant when found, fortunately. I wanted to give feedback at check-out when the clerk asked "was everything OK?" but she was on the phone, a customer was waiting and there was no one to give feedback to easily.
All said, we would still stay there again and it clearly is the nicest hotel in Cumberland and in a very good location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back (bike trail). We were given a room facing the highway in front and c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
lesbaldy,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites, and we appreciate your business. I'm glad you liked our rooms, pool, and hot tub. Please accept our apologies for the crowded breakfast area and busy staff. Despite the busy holiday weekend, we always strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our ability. We will work on providing more seating for the breakfast area when large crowds are expected. I appreciate your feedback. We welcome you to come and stay with us again the next time you're in Cumberland.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Very nice looks like new Fairfield, located just of the interstate. A nice bright, clean comfortable room, with a complete breakfast. The staff was very professional and friendly. Although we arrived in the dark, we found that there were many shops and restaurants with in a short walking distance. There was some road construction in the area, so pay attention to the signs while driving back to the interstate. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
220ord,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad you liked our clean, comfortable hotel and surrounding area. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us the next time you travel through Cumberland.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was one of the most nicest hotels I've ever stayed in!!! I truly loved it!! The rooms were clean and fresh. The clerks at the front desk were vey nice and very helpful. We also had a great view of the city from our window. The pool was clean and well kept. My family and I truly enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Deja L,
Thank you for your kind review. We're delighted to hear that you and your family really enjoyed your stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. It's great to know that we are one of the nicest hotels you've ever stayed in, and we hope you'll plan to visit us again. We look forward to your return.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Good value, good location, 2-3 blocks from the downtown pedestrian mall and right at the rail trail/canal. Fairly new property in excellent condition. Breakfast was fine, staff were friendly. A little complicated to get to/from.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
MrYod,
Thank you for your review. We're delighted you chose to stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad you liked our property and found it to be of good value! Please come and see us again the next time you visit Cumberland.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Although there was nothing exceptional about the breakfast, the room was nice and roomy and the bed/pillows were comfortable. The staff was nice but they did not go above and beyond by any means. I would not hesitate to stay here again. One disappointment worth clarifying is that I apply for a state government rate, but the agent at the counter told me that they had no available rooms remaining at that rate. So I had to pay for the standard room rate while on government business. I know that the parking lot was not overcrowded with vehicles, so they may need to open up more rooms for state government business travelers, but I did not bother talking to the manager about the issue. I'm hoping next time I come to the area, which is likely, I get a better experience with the service on the rate I will pay. In the past, if something like this occurred, the reservationist would upgrade me to a nicer room while paying the standard rate. And this is how you get top marks by me. Overall, a great place to stay though. Enjoy your visit to Cumberland!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with any kind of discount program, be sure to call ahead as they were booked fo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Bill D,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland. I'm glad you found our property to be a great place to stay, and I'm pleased you enjoyed Cumberland. It's unfortunate that your special rate was not available at the time of your visit. We hope there will be another opportunity for you to stay with us and the special rate will be available then.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumberland
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
Failinger's Hotel Gunter
Failinger's Hotel Gunter
#2 of 6 in Frostburg
4.0 of 5 stars 43 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland? Share your experiences!