“Good...but disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Baltimore, MD
“Good...but disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We came specifically to hear the entertainment on the patio but it was cancelled because of weather. I looked at the weather around 2pm and the hourly forecast said it would be clearing and beautiful by 7pm. Which.. it was. I understand that other staff are involved for the patio to be open... but please look at the weather more closely! The food and service we did have were above average to excellent (BBQ burger and salmon special). Our server was busy but prompt. I'd give 4 stars but the temperature was downright freezing (another guest had a blanket on) and the parking is always a hassle...wish something could be done about that somehow. We've skipped stopping at Big Fish 3 times in recent memory because we couldn't find parking anywhere nearby. So, you can understand our disappointment when we finally find parking and the main reason we came was cancelled. Maybe next time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
Columbia, Maryland
“Way expensive for terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

They have half price appetizers from 1100 - 800 PM.. Most range from $12.95 on up.. Even at half price ($6.50) that is too much for edamame. The shrimp sushi roll was soggy. while the wife did order insalada Capresse.. the mozzerella looked to be buffalo.. but the tomatoes were hard and tastless. for $15 I expected a lot more .. especially as tomatoes are in season. Coconut shrimp. looked good but were over breaded and a bit soggy.. I ordered fettuccine Alfredo. At best a jar sauce that was watered down too much.. way over cooked shrimp and some lame blackened chicken which was dry. For $18.00 (cheapest thing on the entree menu) I expected edible.. I sent it back. Even the ice tea.. which was real.. was a bit watered down. Never going back there.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bowie
“Great Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Was more than pleasantly surprised thjs past Sunday. After an early spa day with the girls, we popped in for half priced appetizers and a few libations. We had a choice of that, anything else on the menu or brunch. Too many yummy delictables to choose from. Chesapeake benedict with lump crab, hot crap dip, large steamed shrimp, waffle and omelet stations...you think of something you'd like for brunch and they will l ikely have it. Everything I tried I loved...the girls too. $24.95 for all you can eat, tack $3.00 for unlimited mimosas. Great service. Nice crowd. Sure to return again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Poor service and poorly cooked food are real turn offs.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Friday night on the patio in lovely weather listening to a great jazz group can be spoiled. Service took forever. I had to ask for silverware and salt as my entree came. 10 minutes later knife and fork arrived. This was eclipsed by a later order for a glass of wine which took 20 minutes. I ordered a burger, medium, and asparagus. I asked for no spices on either. The burger arrived well done with black pepper coating one side. The asparagus arrived with red pepper flakes. When I mentioned this to the server she said, "well, I told him".

My suggestion is to eat before you go, order a drink, and listen to the excellent Friday night jazz.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants! I LOVE their food, and their service is pretty good as well! They have happy hour specials, even on Saturdays (I think it's 11-7). I get the crab cakes (4 small crab cakes on a plate with no bread on them) and the crab dip (comes with baguette bread, warmed & sliced).

I LOVE their crab cakes and I think they are the best around.

When the server brings your drinks, they bring a thing of bread as well. If you want, you can ask for the blueberry muffins (free)- they are Really good!!

• Visited June 2013