“CLEAN & FRIENDLY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paddlewheel Motel

Paddlewheel Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crisfield
Paddlewheel Motel
You added Paddlewheel Motel to your Saves list
701 West Main St., Crisfield, MD   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Crisfield
Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
“CLEAN & FRIENDLY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My son and I stayed for two days. The room and the bathroom was spotless clean. The service was friendly like we were old friends. I plan on going back to Crisfield in the spring and this summer and this is the place I'll choose to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Crisfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have had 4 Vets come to the Crisfield area this winter to hunt with me. There are not alot of places to stay in town. Told the Vets to use the Paddlewheel due to the reviews. The outside is out brick , but the rooms are all updated and very nice. The Vets liked their stay and told me i should use it again.

Room Tip: lower level
Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Clean & comfortable. Comfortable beds, new flat panel TV, refrigerator & microwave in room. No amenities provided other than soap. No elevator to 2d floor. Great location near marina & restaurants. Friendly accomodating staff. Telephones may not work--bring your cell phone, shampoo,etc. Old-style family run type motel. Location & price make it a good value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My Partner and I chose this motel (AKA Capitan Tyler Motel) for a weekend get-away. We went to Crisfield to take the Ferry trips to Smith Island and Tangier Island. We stayed two nights. Our room was on the first floor and it was clear that our room had been recently renovated. The room was clean. The room had a refrigerator, microwave and a 32" Samsung flat panel TV. Near the window was a small table with two extremely uncomfortable barely cushioned chairs. As such when we were in the room we sat on the bed. The motel did not have an open WI-FI connection (none is mentioned in the ammenities.If you are a Verizon Wireless user there is 4G data service.
The A/C unit kept the room at a nice cool level. However, we found that if you left the bathroom door open even a little that the door tended to block the flow of air to the rest of the room. We tried to remember to keep the bathroom door closed. The king size bed was comfortable.

In the bathroom we found fluffy towels, small bars of soap and no shampoo. When we asked about shampoo the motel office told us that they didn't provide that. So, we stopped at the nearby Family Dollar store. The bathroom appeared to be ADA complient with an easy access shower and grab bars in the shower and on either side of the toilet.

Room Tip: As other review point out ask for a First floor room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at the motel so we could attend the Crisfield crab and clam bake. We had requested a king size bed when we called to make a reservation. The room we were given had 2 doubles instead of a king, but since it was only for one night we decided to let it go. After we returned from dinner and pulled back the bedspread, we noticed orange stains on the fitted sheet. The flat sheet looked like someone had eaten on the bed and was also threadbare. I was quite surprised since the rest of the room was clean. We ended up sleeping in one double bed, because no one was in the office to ask for clean sheets. For $111.00 I would expect no issues with the room. I thought this was rather high, especially for a nonresort town, and since the our bed and breakfast the night before was $140.00 for much more service. Also, no coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Nice place to stay if you are going fishing. It is clean & convenient. And the staff is nice. They provide free ice and they are just around the corner from the dock.
There is a seafood restaurant across the street, the music is loud but the food is good. Last time we went their they charged us a $5.00 per person cover charge. Not really a problem, but since I didn't like the music; I could have kept my $5.00. But it's a small town and it was late, so we paid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ellicott City, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We went to Crisfield to visit some family and stayed at the Captain Tyler's (Paddlewheel) Motel. There are no many options and this is what we were recommended. All reviews about cleanliness are absolutely true. It is a motel, so don't expect to have "the time of your life" in this place. If you happen to go to Crisfield and need a place to stay be assured that you will have a spotless large room. Beds are ok but if you can bring a pillow I suggest you do so. Room needs some fixing but hey! it's a cheap stay.There is no coffee in the room or around. If you are used to convenient chain hotels like Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Courtyard by Marriot, etc. this is NOT like that but it gets the job done. It's definitely not the type of place we are used to but I have no complains about this motel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Paddlewheel Motel? Share your experiences!