“Be prepared to clean!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway

You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8870 Columbia 100 Parkway, Columbia, MD 21045   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
“Be prepared to clean!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2015 via mobile

The hotel needs a good scrubbing. The room was sub-par in terms of cleanliness. The vent in the bathroom had a thick layer of dust that look like fur growing. The sink had a layer of scum behind the faucet. The microwave shelf was grimy.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, April 28, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the condition of your room is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I have reviewed your comments with staff, and I will be making sure guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned and inspected to our company’s high standards. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at ccp@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Waldorf, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2015

THEY ARE THIEVES! HOTEL GUESTS BEWARE!!!

I am not even going to comment on the condition of the rooms as it is expected not to have high quality rooms in a budget hotels. However, what is more upsetting is that they are thieves that take personal items, and there is no recourse. The day that I checked out I happened to leave my tablet in the room. I returned to retrieve it the next day, and I was told that it should still be in the room as nobody has stayed in the room since I left. When I returned to the room, the room had been cleaned and my item was not there. I have followed with hotel numerous times, and the last time I was told by an employee that the manager does not want to look into this and the staff told me I should file a police report.

Unfortunately for them, I was looking for a local hotel to have 20+ guests stay at for an upcoming company function, and I was interested in using their facilities since the price was reasonable. I have now reached out to the hotel that they share the parking lot with, as I know they would have more integrity though they have a higher price.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is smoking section
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015 via mobile

I checked out just after 4 days! My room was not clean, there were no towels or wash cloths in the bathroom and the parking lot looked ridiculous! There was a another guest outside shoveling snow with his personal shovel. Be prepared to slide on your stomach just to get to your car in the morning. Maintenance is a joke! No one had hot water for days. I dont think the poor sap knew how to fix anything. The manager had to call someone to come fix the hot water after days of complaints. After 4 of my 7 day stay I decided to checkout. I was unable to receive a refund because I booked my hotel through priceline! STAY AWAY!

• Stayed February 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, March 20, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are sorry to hear your room did not have any towels or wash cloths and apologize for the inconvenience regarding our parking lot during the inclement weather that hit the area during your stay. We were able to address the hot water issue within 6 hours after the outage was discovered and apologize the issue was not resolved in your room. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will make sure your experience is not repeated. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at ccp@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

Rates were OK but I still would not go back here. Bed was really uncomfortable, the bathroom floor grout had turned dark and it was supposed to be white. However, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Hotel is pet friendly but has no potty break station as other Extended Stay's have. The refrigerator has two ice trays and that's it. The sink dripped as well.

There is another Extended Stay not far away that I've stay at before. Similar rates - but it's been renovated. I will go back there even though for my business this is a better location. Need to get this place updated.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, March 10, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding your accommodations during your stay is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be looking into the issue regarding the bathroom grout to make sure your experience is not repeated. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at ccp@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014

If you don't mind having mice in your room then this is the place for you!!! Moved twice and both had mice- gross-- ran across the floor--- yuck--- so gross--- this was only after I moved from the other extended stay due to no water during the day. It may be cheap but it doesn't work for me!!

• Stayed December 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, December 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you found pests in your room. This is completely unacceptable. We have contacted our pest control company and we are on top of this issue Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we are handling this problem to make sure your experience is not repeated. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at ccp@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

Our first impression of the grounds was this is going to be a nice place to stay.

first rm. Cob webs in corners. No chairs to table. Toilet ran 24/7. Carpet dirty. Flat pillows, had to put my coat under two pillows that were already folded in half!

Second rm. paint in shower area blistering & peeling. Floor mat for shower dirty shampoo was already used! To top this, shower head was missing!!!

• Stayed December 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, December 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the room cleanliness and maintenance issues in the rooms you were given is regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will work diligently to review our cleanliness standards and inspection procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2014

Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway

8870 Columbia 100 Parkway, Columbia, MD 21045 I stayed for one night( Dec. 5th 2014 and received the best rate in the area where I had a weekend training conference. I found the room small but comfortable and it appeared newly upgraded with a a new shower curtain etc. I would choose this again if I had one in the area I was traveling.

I would recommend a small thing but to have decaf coffee and tea available on request.
The grab and go breakfast was a nice addition.

I had three staff members, all who did a great job in answering my questions and were focused on serving me the best that they could. Nikesha received me in the evening, Shazia served me breakfast and was quite pleasant even though she had been up all night. Ida checked me out sweetly after 7 when I left. I want each woman to have my comments about them in their yearly work review file. Ben Duffy, Wilmington, DE

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, December 18, 2014
Ben - Thank you for posting such a kind review of our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast and our friendly staff. We will make sure to pass your comments on to our staff.

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway? Share your experiences!