Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Mandeville
“My stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great place to stay. Staff is always friendly, polite and willing to help above and beyond. I want to thank Shazia, Michele, Samera, Samy and Taylor for making our stay feel like home. I would recommend staying here. Beautiful area and close to everything, but still quiet. Thanks again to the at staff at Extended Stay. Karen D

Room Tip: If u like the window open stay upstairs
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Thank goodness I was only planning to stay one night. They had NOTHING in their kitchen, no plates, cups, forks, spoons, pots, pans, etc. I don't know what people do if they're staying there long term. It wasn't until I got in bed for the night, I realized there wasn't even a small coffee pot. What good is a kitchen without anything in it? They were going to serve coffee in the lobby starting at 6am or some hour like that but I wanted to get on the road early, so I had no coffee before I left. The absolute worst amenities I've ever seen. Oh, they did have a bed and towels, THAT WAS IT!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the amenities we offer our guests. Your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travel for business and have stayed in a broad variety of hotels across every state in the US. This was by far one of the worst experiences to date. I was scheduled to stay in another hotel which oversold its capacity and I arrived to find my room no longer available. They sent me to Extended Stay and at 1:00 in the morning, I was happy to have a room ..... until I arrived.

Let's talk security. At 1:00 am, when front doors should be locked, the hotel was wide open ... with NO ONE manning the front desk. It's late, I get that but the sign on the counter directs guests to a phone on the wall in the entrance that is non functional. After waiting 10 minutes, I walked behind the front desk to use the phone at the front desk to call someone to the front desk. Check in was uneventful.

Let's talk about the room. While the outside of this property may have received a makeover, the interior hasn't, nor has it seen a good cleaning in a while. The carpets are worn and dirty throughout. My room was missing front cabinets in the kitchen area, so all plumbing was exposed, something I would expect from Super 8, but not here. The room itself smelled as if a group of chain smokers had just departed. The smell was so intense I opened windows for the night. Unfortunately the bedding was just as bed, and I questioned whether it had been cleaned recently. After removing the bed cover and blanket, I took the grayish, sandpaper towels from the bathroom and wrapped the two 1" pillows in towels to try to mask the scent; no luck there.

On to the bathroom. Not a toiletry in sight. No soap, shampoo or Kleenex. I didn't realize one needs to bring these. In addition, the temperature control in the shower was falling off the wall revealing a hardy commune of black mold behind the fixtures.

Next trip, if this is the only option I'll sleep on the floor in our local office.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you want a good room.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I was disheartened to read of your security concerns and that it took my staff so long to see to you for check in. Please know that I will be working with my maintenance engineer to repair our lobby phone, and we will ensure that our lobby door is closed for added security moving forward. As well, I am so disappointed to read of the maintenance and cleanliness issues in your room. I will be working directly with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. I will also be having my maintenance engineers repair the cabinets. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at ccp@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Herk-de-Stad, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

Could be better for a business trip. Free WiFi, but low speed... need to pay extra for higher speed. Thin walls, so you can hear your neighbours. Wall of my room was dirty. Grab and go breakfast with almost no choice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Flossmoor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We needed to stay in a hotel for 3 nights. We did not want to spend a lot of money. The hotel provided a clean, safe, temperature controlled room, with full kitchen, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. We were satisfied with the room. We had our son with us and wanted to be in a comfortable room. The beds were comfortable, the staff was very friendly, specifically, Taylor. The water pressure was good and the water got hot and stayed hot. Overall, we were satisfied. I would like to caution any traveler looking for anything more than what is listed above, you will not be happy. For example, there is no paper delivered in the morning. The staff is not very knowledgeable about local restaurants or tourist type of questions. The rooms are cleaned once a week. There is no real breakfast only coffee, hot water, apples, muffins, and instant oatmeal. There is no milk or juice provided. If you think you are getting a breakfast you will not be happy. However, there are several restaurants within walking and driving distance. We did not use the laundry but it was available and being used during the late evening. If you bring your own drinks, food, toiletries, and other important items you will be happy.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Loren - Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We are glad that we could accommodate your family and that you all had a pleasant stay with us. We are proud of our staff, especially Taylor, for taking great care of you.

Thank you again for posting your review. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Virginia, US
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Hotwire let us down by booking four adults into a room with a queen bed and a pull out couch. We asked that the hotel find us a room with two beds, i.e.. sleeping space in beds for four people. They told us that they have no two-bed rooms. The staff was very pleasant and kind, the room clean and the kitchen usable (unlike the other reviewer, we found pots, crockery, dishrag, glasses, coffeemaker). The breakfast was plain but good enough - muffins, whole apples and oranges, coffee and tea, instant oatmeal.

However! the pull out couch was like something designed as the Enemy of Rest; my daughter said it felt like a sheet thrown over a collection of springs, while I experienced it more like a bag of wood blocks. Everyone took a turn on this rack of pain and we all agreed it was terrible. Next day, the unlucky ones were dragging around exhausted.

This is not a room that sleeps four! You could put a four YEAR OLD successfully on a "bed" like this, but not an adult.

And yes, there is wi-fi, but no, it will not allow you to upload pictures to Facebook; it's too slow. You could use it to check mail and read, but not for anything else, and it kept cutting out.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We were disheartened to read that your stay wasn't as pleasant and comfortable as it should've been. Please accept our apologies. Your comments were reviewed by our staff, and we will inspect our pull-out couches to ensure they are all meeting our standard for comfort.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Let me start off by saying that I am in the process of checking out of the hotel because the checkout time is at 11am.

Pros:
The staff at the desk and the overnight cleaning staff are WONDERFUL. The young lady who assisted me at the desk at 1:30 am was WONDERFUL!

The location is WONDERFUL there are so many places to eat, shop, and just hang out. (less than 10 minutes from the movies, mall, chick fil a, 7eleven, Giant grocery store etc.)

Parking is very plentiful!

The check in process took less than 10 minutes so that was also great (I was planning a surprise birthday package)

Clean Bedding and Shower!

The bed in the room was comfortable.

Free Wifi!

There is a USB port on the back of the TV that allowed me to charge my cell phone and other portable devices.

CONS!
The card slot for the side door (closest to the room) did NOT work so anytime we needed to leave the room one of us had to stand at the side door to make sure it didn't lock the other out. (ANNOYING)

I booked this room because there is a SMALL kitchenette advertised. However, there were NO pots, pans, utensils, water, ice machine, plates, or glassware.

The room had a slight musty mildew like smell upon entering but once the air was turned on the smell wasn't present.

The bathroom is extremely small and you literally have to go behind the door in order to close it and then use the toilet.

The sink in the bathroom did NOT drain unless you manually lift the plug up and hold it for the water to drain out (VERY ANNOYING WHILE BRUSHING YOUR TEETH)

The lights flickered ALL night and the AC turned on and off on its own.

The bathroom door would not stay closed because the latch was broken.

WHY DIDN'T I check out and request a refund??
We only needed to stay one night and arrived at the hotel late (1am) after movies and dinner so we really just needed the room for "sleeping".

I booked through Hotel Tonight which allowed the hotel to choose my room. Hotel tonight does NOT refund you after the booking is made. So, I would have lost out on the amount that I paid on the room and ruined the birthday experience for my significant other! (Not Gonna happen!)

I would give this place a 2.5 out of 5 rating because of the things that I listed above...thanks for reading!

Room Tip: All rooms have QUEEN SIZED beds except two! Please call the hotel PRIOR to booking with any third Pa...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway? Share your experiences!