“Stay here if you want to save money.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8870 Columbia 100 Parkway, Columbia, MD 21045   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Columbia
Flossmoor
“Stay here if you want to save money.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We needed to stay in a hotel for 3 nights. We did not want to spend a lot of money. The hotel provided a clean, safe, temperature controlled room, with full kitchen, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. We were satisfied with the room. We had our son with us and wanted to be in a comfortable room. The beds were comfortable, the staff was very friendly, specifically, Taylor. The water pressure was good and the water got hot and stayed hot. Overall, we were satisfied. I would like to caution any traveler looking for anything more than what is listed above, you will not be happy. For example, there is no paper delivered in the morning. The staff is not very knowledgeable about local restaurants or tourist type of questions. The rooms are cleaned once a week. There is no real breakfast only coffee, hot water, apples, muffins, and instant oatmeal. There is no milk or juice provided. If you think you are getting a breakfast you will not be happy. However, there are several restaurants within walking and driving distance. We did not use the laundry but it was available and being used during the late evening. If you bring your own drinks, food, toiletries, and other important items you will be happy.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Loren - Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We are glad that we could accommodate your family and that you all had a pleasant stay with us. We are proud of our staff, especially Taylor, for taking great care of you.

Thank you again for posting your review. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Virginia, US
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotwire let us down by booking four adults into a room with a queen bed and a pull out couch. We asked that the hotel find us a room with two beds, i.e.. sleeping space in beds for four people. They told us that they have no two-bed rooms. The staff was very pleasant and kind, the room clean and the kitchen usable (unlike the other reviewer, we found pots, crockery, dishrag, glasses, coffeemaker). The breakfast was plain but good enough - muffins, whole apples and oranges, coffee and tea, instant oatmeal.

However! the pull out couch was like something designed as the Enemy of Rest; my daughter said it felt like a sheet thrown over a collection of springs, while I experienced it more like a bag of wood blocks. Everyone took a turn on this rack of pain and we all agreed it was terrible. Next day, the unlucky ones were dragging around exhausted.

This is not a room that sleeps four! You could put a four YEAR OLD successfully on a "bed" like this, but not an adult.

And yes, there is wi-fi, but no, it will not allow you to upload pictures to Facebook; it's too slow. You could use it to check mail and read, but not for anything else, and it kept cutting out.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We were disheartened to read that your stay wasn't as pleasant and comfortable as it should've been. Please accept our apologies. Your comments were reviewed by our staff, and we will inspect our pull-out couches to ensure they are all meeting our standard for comfort.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Let me start off by saying that I am in the process of checking out of the hotel because the checkout time is at 11am.

Pros:
The staff at the desk and the overnight cleaning staff are WONDERFUL. The young lady who assisted me at the desk at 1:30 am was WONDERFUL!

The location is WONDERFUL there are so many places to eat, shop, and just hang out. (less than 10 minutes from the movies, mall, chick fil a, 7eleven, Giant grocery store etc.)

Parking is very plentiful!

The check in process took less than 10 minutes so that was also great (I was planning a surprise birthday package)

Clean Bedding and Shower!

The bed in the room was comfortable.

Free Wifi!

There is a USB port on the back of the TV that allowed me to charge my cell phone and other portable devices.

CONS!
The card slot for the side door (closest to the room) did NOT work so anytime we needed to leave the room one of us had to stand at the side door to make sure it didn't lock the other out. (ANNOYING)

I booked this room because there is a SMALL kitchenette advertised. However, there were NO pots, pans, utensils, water, ice machine, plates, or glassware.

The room had a slight musty mildew like smell upon entering but once the air was turned on the smell wasn't present.

The bathroom is extremely small and you literally have to go behind the door in order to close it and then use the toilet.

The sink in the bathroom did NOT drain unless you manually lift the plug up and hold it for the water to drain out (VERY ANNOYING WHILE BRUSHING YOUR TEETH)

The lights flickered ALL night and the AC turned on and off on its own.

The bathroom door would not stay closed because the latch was broken.

WHY DIDN'T I check out and request a refund??
We only needed to stay one night and arrived at the hotel late (1am) after movies and dinner so we really just needed the room for "sleeping".

I booked through Hotel Tonight which allowed the hotel to choose my room. Hotel tonight does NOT refund you after the booking is made. So, I would have lost out on the amount that I paid on the room and ruined the birthday experience for my significant other! (Not Gonna happen!)

I would give this place a 2.5 out of 5 rating because of the things that I listed above...thanks for reading!

Room Tip: All rooms have QUEEN SIZED beds except two! Please call the hotel PRIOR to booking with any third Pa...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nanuet, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This property is slightly below average. It is not terrible but it is not good. I stayed here for one week because my company booked the room. I would have chosen one of many excellent hotels that are nearby.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Stuttgart, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Staff very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the rooms themselves are below par - old, outdated, musty, in need of repairs/replacement. The room I reserved on www.booking.com was not available when I arrived; was offered an alternative that has ants on window and curtain. Then offered a different room nearby - better but not good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I booked this hotel online, but was quite disappointed to find the condition of the room considerably less than the pictures showed. There was NO SECURITY LOCK on the door, no blanket, one piece of cracked soap in the bathroom, the furniture was stained and badly damaged and the trim was peeling off the walls. It smelled like a flooded basement. I immediately checked out and requested a refund. The personnel was pleasant and assisted me as I checked out of their hotel and into a neighboring one. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I did not feel safe there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the condition of your room is truly regrettable and we apologize for your experience. I will be meeting with our staff to review your comments to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed at this location on several occasions. The rooms are always clean and neat, and hotel is always quite. Taylor who works at the front desk is always friendly, respectful, and helpful. I will definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Nina – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens and friendly staff, especially Taylor. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway? Share your experiences!