You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
North Carolina
“Sorry place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have to stay here because my work requires it. The building is ok but the staff especially the front desk and house keeping are SORRY!!!! My company rents about a third of this hotel and we cant even get clean towels or bedding once a week. We even have to supply our own toilet paper. The breakfast is a muffin, apple, banana that's it. Do yourself a favor spend a few extra bucks for a room in a classier place.

Room Tip: A good room is at another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your stay. I apologize that our staff and grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Please know that we have bathroom tissue available at the front desk, should you need it in the future. If you’d like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me, at ccp@extendedstay.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Aomori, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Overnight stay in January 2014: comfortable, but bare bones. Towels are cheap, no tissues (!), room lighting is minimal, "free" breakfast is packaged and ghetto. I expected more...though it was $30/night cheaper than Marriott's comparable value-priced offerings in the same area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed here for 4 months for a temporary job. The staff was always so friendly, respectful, and helpful. There was always breakfast available and the hotel has on-site laundry. The location is convenient and near many restaurants, grocery stores, clothing stores, etc.

• Stayed September 2013
Elkridge, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My visit at the Extended Stay America in Columbia, Maryland was wonderful. The room was very clean and the staff was exceptionally courteous and helpful in every way. I would not hesitate to stay there again if need be. I hope they know how much they appreciate it!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Chesapeake City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at your hotel for 5 days and was tremendously surprised how clean the rooms and lobby were maintained. The staff was always friendly and helpful, especially Veronica who went out of her way to be helpful to us. She should get a special bonus and recommendation because no request was too small or difficult for her. If she didn't know she found out for you. What a professional, but with a southern charm who made you feel welcome and secure!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I'm so pleased to hear that you got to meet Veronica. She is a great person and truly works to make every guest stay be the best. I am also pleased to read that you found the cleanliness of our hotel to your standards.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I recently checked out of the hotel. I was there for roughly 2 months while I was waiting for my apartment to become available. I've stayed at Extended Stays in the past and did not have good experiences, but this location helped redeem the chain in my eyes. The staff (Veronica et al) was always friendly and helpful. The property is kept in good repair and my room had recent upgrades; granite counters, modern paint jobs/colors, etc. While the grounds could have used a touch of green space, the rest of the property is just what you would hope for in a reasonably priced hotel. I never had any issues with noise... which surprised me for being there that long and it's not like the place was empty. Coffee and oatmeal bars to go were always avaiable in the AM, which may not sound like much, but it makes the difference some mornings. Location is good, there are a couple restaurants right there and you are only one or two exits away from plenty of options.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Farand - Thank you for your response on your recent stay at the our hotel in Columbia, MD. While I am sorry that some of your past experiences at other hotels may not have been ideal, I am very happy to read that we provided you with excellent customer service and room. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location and our newest feature, the grab-and-go breakfast.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
New Castle, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days with my friend and didn't want to leave. I felt like I was family. Veronica was extremely friendly and accommodating. Carolina, Rose and Mary were also very helpful and nice. It is sooo important to enter a hotel and receive warm smiles and a friendly hello. Every time you walked in or out that's how it was. If you needed anything at all they were there to assist you. The hotel was clean and looked very inviting. The beds were so comfortable! I was in town for medical reasons and if I need to come back I would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended!!! Very close to malls, restaurants, casino. Ideal location. Thank you for making my stay that much more comfortable!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I was pleased to see that not only were you happy with the location of the hotel, but to that our staff (Veronica, Carolina, Mary and Rose) made your stay enjoyable. Also, I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable.

We hope that in your future travels you use not only our extended stay hotel, but others across the country as well!

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway? Share your experiences!