“good value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway

Bookmark
You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Sykesville, Maryland
“good value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Room was nicely decorated and this Extended Stay was clean. The breakfast take away was ok but the people were really friendly. This is close to arundel mills mall and Baltimore. There is no good view from any window but If you want a view, get a room at the harbor and spend a lot more money. Here is good value. It is like a 15 minute drive to the inner harbor so I had something nice to do on the weekend. I want to thank Veronica and Mary for their good service. I would and will come again.

Room Tip: Ask for newly remodeled room! Nice comfy leather chairs
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I was wonderfully pleased to see that you found the rooms decorated nicely and comfortable as well as the staff most accommodating. We look forward to your return visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Extended Stay America. The staff was always courteous and greeted me with a smile. Whenever toiletries were needed, it was never a problem getting them. Shazia, Michelle, Natalia, Veronica & Mary were each a pleasure to communicate with. I always left around 7:00 in the morning. However, the few times my scheduled had changed and I left later, I noticed Will working hard and he was also very pleasant. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room 153, 12/31/13 - 1/24/13

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property. i was very pleased to find out that the staff fulfilled your needs and were courteous. We look forward to your future reservations at our Property.
Hinckley, Ohio, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at the ESA to attend a nearby dog show. Staff was friendly and helpful, and the property was clean and attractive. There were a few others staying for the dog show, and we were all made to feel welcome. Veronica was very gracious, sweet, and helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was most pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay and most definitely the staff and how they showed they cared. We look forward to your return visits to our hotel.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Extended Stay America in Columbia. It was a clean, warm and inviting atmosphere to stay at. I find it difficult to dravel for business and feel comfortable with where I am staying which is why I enjoyed my stay at Extended Stay so much. Extended Stay made me feel at home and was a great source of stress relief. Also, I wanted to compliment Veronica at the front desk for her outstanding hospitality. She was friendly, helpful and really went out of her way to make me feel at home during my stay. It was nice of her to take the time and effort to give me directions around the area and assist me with finding local restaurants in Columbia. I will definitely be staying at Extended Stay next time I am in the Columbia area for work.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our property and the service provided by Veronica. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

First off the place is very clean and quiet. The area is filled with places to eat and things to do. My friend it was her first time in maryland. She is from south america and even though she has lived in the states for more than ten years. She is more comfortable speaking spanish. The lady at the front desk was very helpful i think her name was victoria or veronica. she speaks spanish that made my friend feel very comfortable. She helped her get around and i'm sure if she is in town for business again. she will stay there and i will be at this hotel for a couple days hanging out with her.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Columbia 100 Pkwy. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The entire staff is professional and helpful. Veronica and Shazia are so very helpful when I call make to a reservation I feel very welcomed. I find the property is very well maintained clean and quiet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property. I was very pleased to hear that you found the staff welcoming and the property quite clean. We look forward to seeing you back in the future.
Metro DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I had high hopes for this hotel as it's in a pretty nice area of Howard County, MD. I've stayed at some of the surrounding hotels and always had a very pleasant experience. NOT THIS TIME!

To start with, the hotel is just dreary. It's dark and dirty. When we walked in, the front desk staff was sitting off to the corner out of sight on a laptop (it was a Sunday afternoon - people should be expected to walk in). Check-in was easy and we were directed to the elevator behind us. Inside, there was trash and crumbs all over the floor. Our room was close by and well-organized. I was surprised they still used traditional bed comforters (ick!). The bathroom was kind of haphazard - some of the faucet hardware was coming off the wall, there was some type of red paint (nail polish?) spattered on the counter, and the shower hadn't been fully wiped down. There were no toiletries or hair dryer offered, so be prepared!

You might also want to check, but it appeared based on the card in the small bathroom that housekeeping doesn't come to your room every day. I know many hotels are trying to be more green/save money on doing linen laundry every day, but it didn't seem like housekeeping was going to come at all unless you asked.

The television selection was horrible! Even "basic" cable staples such as Food Network and TLC weren't available.

The hotel's walls are paper-thin. I'm usually a heavy sleeper so hotel noises don't bother me but between the people on the floor above us and the activity in the hallway, it was not a very restless night of sleep.

Another pet peeve was the stink bugs. I know that there's no known pesticide that will kill them, but there are a number of preventative measures that can be taken to reduce them. At this time of year, there shouldn't be more than MAYBE one seen over the course of a weekend. We had two in our beds on separate occasions. Makes you wonder how many are hidden that you aren't seeing? Eww.

I will not return to this hotel. My suggestion is to pick one of the other many hotels located nearby.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask to stay on the third floor. At least it won't sound like a herd of...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The Issues in the bathroom you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am 1) inspecting all the rooms with my management team to make sure this does not happen again, and 2) meeting with the maintenance and housekeeping teams to assure this does not happen again. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mdize3@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway? Share your experiences!