“Business Travel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, Maryland
“Business Travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The entire staff is professional and helpful. Veronica and Shazia are so very helpful when I call make to a reservation I feel very welcomed. I find the property is very well maintained clean and quiet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property. I was very pleased to hear that you found the staff welcoming and the property quite clean. We look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Metro DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I had high hopes for this hotel as it's in a pretty nice area of Howard County, MD. I've stayed at some of the surrounding hotels and always had a very pleasant experience. NOT THIS TIME!

To start with, the hotel is just dreary. It's dark and dirty. When we walked in, the front desk staff was sitting off to the corner out of sight on a laptop (it was a Sunday afternoon - people should be expected to walk in). Check-in was easy and we were directed to the elevator behind us. Inside, there was trash and crumbs all over the floor. Our room was close by and well-organized. I was surprised they still used traditional bed comforters (ick!). The bathroom was kind of haphazard - some of the faucet hardware was coming off the wall, there was some type of red paint (nail polish?) spattered on the counter, and the shower hadn't been fully wiped down. There were no toiletries or hair dryer offered, so be prepared!

You might also want to check, but it appeared based on the card in the small bathroom that housekeeping doesn't come to your room every day. I know many hotels are trying to be more green/save money on doing linen laundry every day, but it didn't seem like housekeeping was going to come at all unless you asked.

The television selection was horrible! Even "basic" cable staples such as Food Network and TLC weren't available.

The hotel's walls are paper-thin. I'm usually a heavy sleeper so hotel noises don't bother me but between the people on the floor above us and the activity in the hallway, it was not a very restless night of sleep.

Another pet peeve was the stink bugs. I know that there's no known pesticide that will kill them, but there are a number of preventative measures that can be taken to reduce them. At this time of year, there shouldn't be more than MAYBE one seen over the course of a weekend. We had two in our beds on separate occasions. Makes you wonder how many are hidden that you aren't seeing? Eww.

I will not return to this hotel. My suggestion is to pick one of the other many hotels located nearby.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask to stay on the third floor. At least it won't sound like a herd of...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The Issues in the bathroom you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am 1) inspecting all the rooms with my management team to make sure this does not happen again, and 2) meeting with the maintenance and housekeeping teams to assure this does not happen again. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mdize3@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
new york, new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Extended stay claims that there has been upgrades and this is the reason for increase. NO way! The rooms chairs as broken, asking for a new what is absurb. It never happened. There is trash left in the hallways and stairways. I even saw the cleaning person with cart on the floor and when she was finished the trash remained there! NOt her job? Trash in stairwell and had trash there as well.
Dish- There is not enough decent channels Too much murder or snapped channels. Show time is not channels that should for movies when traveling with children and even older members in a family. Really! Come on now Let's get real
Grab and Go-Never seemed to be ready Not enough supplies, coffee not hot because machine not properly set, rotten bananas, and dried up oranges At times when we were there; by 8 am nothing was there!
Need to work o the satisfaction for your customers. Also many times trash was even outside the building Just looks tacky and nasty! There was even a fight the first weekend we there and it was just horrific

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you stay with us was not a pleasant one. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing all your comments with my staff and I will be correcting these issues. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mdize@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Room was very clean and neat. The area was quiet and I heard no noise from the room. Free WiFi. Friendly staff - Veronica was very helpful in answering all my questions and making my stay comfortable!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your glowing review of our Property. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and was pleased to here that your accomodations were quiet and clean and the staff (especially Veronica) went out of her way to make you feel at home. We look forward to seeing you again at the Extended Stay America Columbia - 100 Parkway
West Glen Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was in Maryland for a conference and decided to try the Extended Stay. I was met by a lovely woman at the front desk. She was caring and welcoming and she lacked the stereotypical chain hotel bland script that I was used to. I had contact with her on several different occasions, during my stay. She was always the same, no matter how busy she was, warm and accommodating. She actually seemed to WANT to know how my day was and was interested in the details. As I was checking out I noticed that her name was Veronica. Well, thanks to your employee, Veronica, I want Extended Stay to know that I would stay there in a heartbeat again. I have reccomended it to many of my business associates. I never give my opinion on sites like this but since good service seems to be a thing of the past, I felt it important to speak out when I received outstanding service. Thank you Extended Stay and thank you Ms. Veronica.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Columbia - Columbia 100 Parkway. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

National City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Extended Stay America- Columbia 100 Park Way- Columbia MD. It's a place to be. A place where you feel like home. The neat and clean in room kitchen make it the best. The in front desk Staff are very friendly and ready to help; especially Veronica. I missed the early morning free snack breakfast opposite side of the front desk.
Thank you...

Room Tip: Any room is good room, It depends on the individual.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations and the service provided by Veronica. We pride ourselves on having clean rooms at a good value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you in the future.
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was here recently with a group of 14 other active duty military members. Our stay here was great but what highlighted by the friendly staff. Veronica (clerk) took care of us from start to finish. Cordial, friendly, polite and respectful...all at the same time. I even forgot a wireless speaker there when I left and she's taking time out of her own to mail it back to my house. How great is that? Ms. Veronica get's a 10 in a scale of 10 with two big thumbs up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit while here training and that the staff especially Veronica went out of their way to make that Home away from Home feeling. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway? Share your experiences!