“Columbia via North Carolina” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Columbia
Columbia, Maryland
“Columbia via North Carolina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff (Mrs. Ellen, Ms. Alethea, Mr. Curtis and Ms. C(?)) is very helpful, friendly, warm and inviting. They made my transition from North Carolina smoother than I would have ever dreamed. This is one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. I have stayed at hotels in Japan (Hiroshima and Iwakuni), Okinawa (Naha & Okuma), Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea (Seoul, Po Hung, Tegu) Thailand (Bangkok and Pattaya), Europe (Paris, France & Frankfurt, Germany), and Africa (Djibouti, Ethiopia, Ughanda, Kenya, and Tanzania). I would highly recommend staying at this establishment for the location, location, location; you are minutes from virtually anything you can think of from Washington, DC to Baltimore to the 24-hour CVS right down the street, but most of all the staff is what makes it an experience - taking the time to talk about the area, places to go, eat and possibly live. Now, this hotel is not the Waldorf Astoria‎, but you can kick-off you shoes, relax and enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Basically, any corner room would be ideal and any room on the third floor if you don't have chil...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property. I am so pleased to read that our staff provided you with such great service, especially Ellen. As well, I am glad that you liked our location, which is close to other establishments in the area.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
South Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Things I liked about my stay at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive:
- the garden outside was very well kept and welcoming;
- the reception staff were all freindly and helpful;
- the room was generously sized, clean and well-furinished;
- free WiFi in the room worked well, if a little slow;
- it is in a quiet location and I didn't have any problems with noise on any of the 3 nights of my stay.

Things I didn't like:
- on entering the room, my nose was assailed with the overpowering smell of fried curry spices. I know that the hotel management can't control what guests cook in their room but I would have expected the service staff to have taken steps to remove the odors;
- during my 3 night stay, my room wasn't serviced once (the bed wasn't made up fresh, there was no cleaning of the bathroom and no vacuuming);
- a bit more variety in the grab-and-go breakfast would be welcome (muffins, cereal bars and fruit eveyr morning gets rather boring).

Overall though, my stay was good value for money and I'd consider staying there again if in Baltimore on business.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have good views of the garden area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

very friendly welcome at check in, a clean room that was rather basic, good neighborhood, felt safe, lots of wind noise from trees close to the building, easy parking and easy to find

my expectations were met, but not surpassed

Room Tip: I had a corner suite on the 3rd floor which was large and comfortable
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is straightforward and simple hotel. Its not a Hilton and it isn't supposed to be. It is in good shape, it is a great location, and Curtis, the only staff I really interacted with is beyond nice and a great face for the hotel. He could not have been more friendly or nicer.

My only complaint was that although they offer late checkout they latest they would go was noon, only an hour extra. I was hoping for 1.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Westwood, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

People very nice. Clean, simple, straightforward. No frills. Good value. Shoutout to Alethea who is a big supporter of TripAdvisor. Very quiet commerical area with food and shopping nearby. They care about customer service here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property. I was especially please to hear the great comments about Alethea. We look forward to being your choice hotel in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had a great experience staying there.The manager Ms. Alethea was great when i needed anything she helped her customer service was great good job.I am planning a trip i will stay there again . Thank you Ms. Alethea

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that our customer service met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel weekly for the last six months. The staff is friendly and courteous, especially Curtis and Alethea. The rooms are a good size and clean with a full kitchen. I will continue booking this hotel for my business needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I was most definitely pleased to hear that you enjoy our accommodations and the friendly service. We look for to your future reservations to come in while in town on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive? Share your experiences!