“Simple and Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Columbia
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
“Simple and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is straightforward and simple hotel. Its not a Hilton and it isn't supposed to be. It is in good shape, it is a great location, and Curtis, the only staff I really interacted with is beyond nice and a great face for the hotel. He could not have been more friendly or nicer.

My only complaint was that although they offer late checkout they latest they would go was noon, only an hour extra. I was hoping for 1.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Westwood, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

People very nice. Clean, simple, straightforward. No frills. Good value. Shoutout to Alethea who is a big supporter of TripAdvisor. Very quiet commerical area with food and shopping nearby. They care about customer service here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property. I was especially please to hear the great comments about Alethea. We look forward to being your choice hotel in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had a great experience staying there.The manager Ms. Alethea was great when i needed anything she helped her customer service was great good job.I am planning a trip i will stay there again . Thank you Ms. Alethea

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that our customer service met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel weekly for the last six months. The staff is friendly and courteous, especially Curtis and Alethea. The rooms are a good size and clean with a full kitchen. I will continue booking this hotel for my business needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I was most definitely pleased to hear that you enjoy our accommodations and the friendly service. We look for to your future reservations to come in while in town on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was my first time in an extended stay. I am now a fan! I felt like i was at home with the bonus of a concierge. Property was clean and quiet. Lots of coffee..(thanks) laundry facility was clean, vending was well stocked continental breakfast was ample. Most hotels have something broken or out of order, I was there for 7 days and everything was working, there were no dissapointments there. We got some snow and they even managed to keep the floors dry and clean from the salt. If you stay here, you will not be dissappointed!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property. I was so excited to see the wonderful remarks made about the staff and the upkeep of the property. We take pride in out property and welcoming you back in the future will be a joy for us
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My experience at Stay America Columbia Gateway was one of the best stays in a hotel. Ellen checked me in and informed me of the service provided and most of all the safety; Ellen did not realize it, but safety was a big issue for me. The hotel, including the room and common areas was immaculate. I usually bring wipes with me to freshen up the bathroom and kitchen, but it was not at all necessary because it was remarkably clean. I felt like I never left home because everything I needed was available. Other employees – Althea and a tall male (do not know his name) were also very hospitable. I will inform my friends to stay here when they visit the MD/DC area. Sincerely, DeeDee (from Georgia)

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor near the exit. In fact, I informed the staff if available I want the sa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for such a positive review of our hotel. I was especially pleased to see that the Manager Ellen was there to help you with your needs and to make you stay welcoming. We look forward to your business in the future.
Westminster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed here for 2.5 months for work. Staff was excellent. EVERYONE was friendly from the front desk to housekeeping. They made me feel at home and took time to ask me how my day was and how I was doing. Very knowlegable about the location, which is great (tons of shopping and restaurants nearby, and a Wegmans and Trader Joes 5 min away) . Room are good size with a full kitchen, couch, coffee table, desk. Rooms a mix of new updated aminities/renovations and older appliances. Rooms are clean and kitchen is well equiped. Extra positive there is a cardio room with a treadmill, bike, and eliptical. Only negative is that smoking is allowed on the third floor.

Room Tip: If you hate the smell of smoke stay off the third floor. Corner rooms are larger and have more sun...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a glowing review of our property. I was pleased to see that not only did you enjoy your accommodations, but you also enjoyed the home away from home feeling. Thank you do much for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and we hope to see you for future needs.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive? Share your experiences!