“A perfect stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Columbia
Georgia
“A perfect stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My experience at Stay America Columbia Gateway was one of the best stays in a hotel. Ellen checked me in and informed me of the service provided and most of all the safety; Ellen did not realize it, but safety was a big issue for me. The hotel, including the room and common areas was immaculate. I usually bring wipes with me to freshen up the bathroom and kitchen, but it was not at all necessary because it was remarkably clean. I felt like I never left home because everything I needed was available. Other employees – Althea and a tall male (do not know his name) were also very hospitable. I will inform my friends to stay here when they visit the MD/DC area. Sincerely, DeeDee (from Georgia)

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor near the exit. In fact, I informed the staff if available I want the sa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for such a positive review of our hotel. I was especially pleased to see that the Manager Ellen was there to help you with your needs and to make you stay welcoming. We look forward to your business in the future.

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Westminster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed here for 2.5 months for work. Staff was excellent. EVERYONE was friendly from the front desk to housekeeping. They made me feel at home and took time to ask me how my day was and how I was doing. Very knowlegable about the location, which is great (tons of shopping and restaurants nearby, and a Wegmans and Trader Joes 5 min away) . Room are good size with a full kitchen, couch, coffee table, desk. Rooms a mix of new updated aminities/renovations and older appliances. Rooms are clean and kitchen is well equiped. Extra positive there is a cardio room with a treadmill, bike, and eliptical. Only negative is that smoking is allowed on the third floor.

Room Tip: If you hate the smell of smoke stay off the third floor. Corner rooms are larger and have more sun...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a glowing review of our property. I was pleased to see that not only did you enjoy your accommodations, but you also enjoyed the home away from home feeling. Thank you do much for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and we hope to see you for future needs.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at Extended Stay America with a group I was travelling with on business from Orlando. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. I especially appreciated the help Aletha gave us in helping us find local place to eat and drink. We had a great time and really enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: Had a room on the second floor and it was still very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete such a wonderful review on our property. I was especially happy to hear that our Associate Alethea was so accommodating and provided the Great Service as explained. We look forward to seeing you and your group back again soon.
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our family is currently booked in this hotel for 2months while waiting for a new apartment. I choose this hotel for its simple but nice and clean atmosphere. We actually may being staying longer then 2 months its convience we feel safe and at home. the Personnels are very friendly and accomodating. I would like to mention Alethea who has really made me feel like im at home she always has a smile on her face. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review you gave us of our hotel. i am pleased to hear that you are very happy with your accommodations and that all the staff especially Alethea has gone out of their way to make you feel at home. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels, we look forward to being your choice in the future
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was my first time using an Extended Stay America hotel, and I will definitely use this hotel (chain) again. The price was great, the hotel was clean with a friendly contemporary design. The staff, specifically Althea and Curtis were extremely courteous and accomodating. I had a late check-in and was exhausted. Every single staff member was extremely congenial and professional. I let my husband know that he and I will definitely have to use this hotel location as a "Mommy and Daddy Get-a-Way". Finally, the hotel is conveniently located in a wonderful quiet area close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations and the service my staff Alethea and Curtis provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you in the future.
Columbia MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 19 days with my family and all I can say is that it is super clean. Not only is it clean but the Personnels are very friendly and accomodating.

Clean towels, clean laundry room and OMG the front desk cafe is so cozy and clean.
I would like also to mention Curtis and Alethea. They are front desk clerks who are so hospitable and they made the guests feel so welcomed .
I do recommend this hotel especially if you are planning an extended stay. My family and i felt so at home we did not want to leave it. The atmosphere is so relaxed and my family and i did not feel harrassed by anyone at all. If you want peace and harmony, this is the place to be.

Curtis went extra mile before picking the hotel to show us the rooms, different types. He took his time to talk to us prior to making a decision on what hotel to pick. He was the deciding factor why we felt that this is the right hotel for us.
Thanks Curtis.

Alethea always had a smile in her face. Reminds of southern hospitality.
Thanks for the service and a good stay!!

I recommend this hotel. Thanks!!!!

Maria G. Jones

Room Tip: the availability of a little kitchen helps cut down price
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our Property. I was thrilled to find out that you not only enjoyed our facilities, but that you found the front desk especially Curtis and Alethea were most helpful. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels, we hope to see you in the future.
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our family is currently booked in this hotel for 19 days while waiting for the availability of the new apartment that we are going to move into. We chose this hotel for its simple but nice and clean atmosphere(newly renovated). The deciding factor was the very accommodating staff, named Curtis who showed us the rooms with new and complete furnishings. He is doing his job pretty well. Our family is very particular with the cleanliness and security of a place and we are not disappointed with what we saw and what we are experiencing at the moment. We are so pampered in this hotel that we cannot imagine how we could go back to our life in an apartment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended stay America Columbia - Gateway Drive. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive? Share your experiences!