“excellent food, fresh homemade pasta” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Aida Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 204 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian, French, Bistro, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 175
Description: FOODAIDA Bistro & Wine Bar specializes in classic Italian favorites as well as an eclectic mix of non-traditional entrees & small plates from a variety of culinary & cultural backgrounds. Our FARM 2 TABLE initiative continues to feature locally produced items in our menus from local farms and producers. We have crafted three different dinner menus options with different price points; Prix Fixe, Small Plate & Entrée or Ala Carte. Our three-course prix fixe menu changes weekly and is available with hand chosen wine & beer flights to compliment the meal. We are open for both lunch and dinner. WINEWe have installed a new Wine on Tap System with 30 Wines on Tap. Our Wine on Tap System is the largest in Maryland and second largest in the U.S!
Fairfax, Virginia
“excellent food, fresh homemade pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

As soon as I walk into this restaurant, I wish it were in my neighborhood. It atmosphere is cozy at the bar, the restaurant is well proportioned with tables and not overcrowded. There is carpet on the floor so the noise is not loud and you can actually have a table conversation. The best of all the food is unique in cases but the same in some. The pasta is homemade fresh which is a claim that is finally true in this area. The chef in some cases will make to order so as long as the food prep is there, it can be made to accommodate most tastes. I started with the beet salad with arugula leaves and a nice puree cheese and a touch of horseradish - it was excellent as I am not a fan of beets usually but these were white beets - fresh and light. My entrée was fresh pasta with mussels and a marinara. Just excellent with the freshness of the pasta.
My family had the fresh pasta with a rich Tarragon white sauce with shrimp, spinach and seafood.
I will always look forward going to this restaurant for the meal.
The wait staff is pleasant and knowledgeable. Some of the wait staff that helped with the clean up really tried to rush the meal and removed the plates too quickly so I put this note in here for the restaurant to calm the secondary wait staff down a bit. Some lingering is good.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, Maryland
“OMG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Took my wife for Valentine's day. This was our second time at Aida. I have been blessed to have been able to travel frequently all over the world and AIDA both times has put out one of the best if not THE best meal I have ever had. You can taste the freshness of the ingredients in every bite. Both times we have been they have had a four course prix fix menu and my wife and I share each others dishes. The portions are just right and you leave feeling very satisfied but not so full you are uncomfortable. I can't believe this place is only rated 28th in Columbia. It is by far number one. Yes it is expensive but so worth it for the caliber of cuisine you get. I tell all my friends they need to try it. Thank you for such a great meal once again.

Columbia, Maryland
“Great place for a special occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The most unique thing about this place is the wines on tap. It's a great place for wine tasting but not inexpensive. The food is a bit pricey too. We had the 4 course fixed price dinner. The wine and dessert were extra. The portions are not large. All the courses were tasty but the salad was especially good. The baked shrimp and scallops were a bit disappointing and had small shrimp. The food in general could have been served a bit hotter in temperature but everything was creatively prepared.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great fresh pasta. Fantastic selection of wines on tab. Knowledge staff. The owner gave us a tour of the kitchen which has a table inside it for dining. We will be back.

“Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Did mot realize how much i would be spending. Food is good but not for the price. Scallops are good and flat bread.