“Nice & relaxing lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Aida Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 222 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian, Bistro, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 175
Description: FOODAIDA Bistro & Wine Bar specializes in classic Italian favorites as well as an eclectic mix of non-traditional entrees & small plates from a variety of culinary & cultural backgrounds. Our FARM 2 TABLE initiative continues to feature locally produced items in our menus from local farms and producers. We have crafted three different dinner menus options with different price points; Prix Fixe, Small Plate & Entrée or Ala Carte. Our three-course prix fixe menu changes weekly and is available with hand chosen wine & beer flights to compliment the meal. We are open for both lunch and dinner. WINEWe have installed a new Wine on Tap System with 30 Wines on Tap. Our Wine on Tap System is the largest in Maryland and second largest in the U.S!
Minnesota
“Nice & relaxing lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

VIsited this past week while in the area for appointments.
Excellent lunch selections. Salad was fresh and my sandwich selection (Cuban) was spot on.
Recommend if you are in the area and looking for Italian (with a twist) using fresh ingredients.

• Visited September 2013

MD
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We live nearby and had heard about this place. The service was slow, and we had to ask other servers to get us some help. Our gal never came back to see how everything was after the food was delivered. The food was good, but everything was overpriced. We both had salads ($8 ea). My wife got scallops and 1 glass of wine, and I had the smaller portion of ravioli and added a couple meatballs and 1 mixed drink and our bill was just over $100 with tip. We won't be back with so many other good choices and better values nearby.

• Visited August 2013
Matyland
“Expensive and I was hungry 2 hrs later”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

ok, I had the same choices as the reviewer on july 20, I had the PEI Mussels and the were good, as were the squash blossoms, my entree should have been titled Scallop, Shrimp, and Mussels: 1 scallop, 2 shrimp and 3 Mussels over overcooked linguine that was clumped together from sitting in the strainer too long. For a place that notes its make its pasta fresh I was sorely disappointed. My daughter had the seared Scallops (3 of them) and they were of the highest quality, over risotto and the risotto was very good; her appys were the Gnud (aweful) and the crab/corn soup which was good. Shocking to me was the serving of cold bread and olive oil; I eat out often and in New York all restaurants in this price range serve warm bread together with olive oil, eggplant caponata, or a puree of grilled vegetables to dip the warm bread, also in New York a variety of olives is served to complement the meal. anyhow, 2 hours later my daughter asked if I was as hungry as she was because the servings were so small at dinner. Will I return to Aidas, No way....

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Food was very good. Had the homemade linguini and flat bread. The service from Kathy made the night perfect. She effortlessly handled all our questions and affirmed our selections with a convincing "you'll love that." Such a refreshing experience!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, Maryland
“One of the best meals I have EVER had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have traveled a lot and have had a variety of foods worldwide. The meal my wife an I experienced last night was wonderful. We did the the prix fixe menu so that we could experience a variety of things. Our server Jo Ann did a superb job explaining everything on the menu to us and that enree portions would be smaller. We had the the PEI mussels and after I was done I wanted to drink the roasted poblano broth. We also had the fresh squash blossoms which we cooked with a light tempura. Outstanding and something new. You could tell they were farm fresh. We also had the Arugula salad which was also wonderful and then we had the caprese salad. The tomatos were not store bought and the truffle sauce and balsamic were just right. For entrees I had the seared day boat dry scallops. Now I am from Maine and I know a little about fresh seafood. This was BY FAR the BEST scallops I have every eaten. I sear was just right, the scallops melted in your mouth. Pure Perfection. My wife had the Scallops, shrimp and mussels on homemade Linguine. That was also outstanding. We constantly were comparing our meal to some of the meals we had a couple of months ago on a trip to Paris. Jo Ann our server was so attentive and engaging. She was wonderful. Oh and we topped the meal off with a white chocolate creme brulee. I love creme brulee and usually you can taste a bit of a burnt flavor on the top. Not for this. It was cooked to perfection. We also had a chocolate terrine with salted carmel. It was also wonderful. And mixing a bite of each was like heaven. I can't say enough good things about this place. The food and the service were outstanding. The wine list was good. One of my top 5 meals ever. I will be back for sure.

• Visited July 2013