“Amazing Farm to Table Food.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Aida Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 225 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian, Bistro, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 175
Description: FOODAIDA Bistro & Wine Bar specializes in classic Italian favorites as well as an eclectic mix of non-traditional entrees & small plates from a variety of culinary & cultural backgrounds. Our FARM 2 TABLE initiative continues to feature locally produced items in our menus from local farms and producers. We have crafted three different dinner menus options with different price points; Prix Fixe, Small Plate & Entrée or Ala Carte. Our three-course prix fixe menu changes weekly and is available with hand chosen wine & beer flights to compliment the meal. We are open for both lunch and dinner. WINEWe have installed a new Wine on Tap System with 30 Wines on Tap. Our Wine on Tap System is the largest in Maryland and second largest in the U.S!
Elkridge, Maryland
“Amazing Farm to Table Food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have been here several times now and each time has been nothing short of wonderful. Stopped by to try the restaurant week menu and was very happy with all of my selections. They are now making their own mozzarella in house and it's fantastic. The portions were perfect for all three courses and the chocolate terrine was such a great end to the meal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great wine by the glass, excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great portions (Small per American standards); home made pasta, sustainable, locally sourced food items. I was concerned to order the special (Scallops and pasta) but it was a reasonable portion and I ate without guilt. Very large selection of wines by the glass.

Visited May 2013
Elkridge, Maryland
“Not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was my second time here in 6 weeks. The first time with friends, last night a group of 8. My meal, Lobster, crab and shrimp... wasn't eaten. The pasta wasn't cooked and the crab was fishy. For the 2nd time, my husband had the pork chop and enjoyed it. 2 people had the scallops and had positive remarks. 2 people had the flounder, neither of them enjoyed.
Service was spotty, lacking.... I was disappointed, very. Not sure if this was an off night but at $175/couple...it was disappointing! I'd invited others based on my previous experience, I ended up a bit embarrassed. the 19% gratuity added to the check was quite generous for the service we received.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
AIDABistro, Owner at Aida Bistro & Wine Bar, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your most recent dining experience. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet and exceed your expectations.

The entire staff at AIDA Bistro strives to make every dining experience at our restaurant the best for you and your guests and take your comments seriously.

I invite you to contact me in regards to your experience so we may further discuss certain details if you would like.

I look forward to hearing from you, thank you.

The Owners, 410-953-0500
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Wonderful Wine Selection, Fine Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is an adult restaurant with an emphasis on wines and somewhat gourmet meals. We enjoyed dining there to celebrate a friend's birthday, and were there nearly three hours for an appetizer, dinner and dessert/coffee. We never felt rushed by the staff as we relaxed and visited. The food was very good, although they had a limited selection of entrées and several were pricey for the serving size. Overall, we enjoyed our evening there with friends, but for the price and atmosphere, we prefer to dine at the Stanford Grill or Greystone Grill.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Small portions, limited selection, overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was the first time we visited Aida in their new location. The first time we went I felt the menu was off, and prices were high. We go out for inexpensive dinners most Saturday nights, and my wife wanted to go back to Aida ever since they moved and I finally gave in. I wasn't expecting the prices to be as high as they were. We each had a salad and pasta, one with meatballs, one with just tomato sauce. We ordered a 10 oz carafe of wine (turned out to be served in a half-full wine bottle) for $24, a little high for a Frogs Leap Zin, but it was very good. Our bill was $76 before tip. The pasta was good, the salads looked very nice but were small and plain, although the parmesan cheese slivers were very tasty. I was skeptical of the wine prices when I found that they offer Liberty School Cabernet, which I keep on hand at home for $40 for a 20oz carafe (why can't they charge by the bottle like every other restaurant everywhere?). I buy Liberty School for $10 - $12 around town, so at a restaurant, should be no more than around $28 - $32. The main entrees were $24 for chicken and up for seafood and beef at $32. Vegetables were extra. We didn't stay for dessert..The atmosphere was nice, but just too pricey. I don't mind paying for good food, but I do mind when the portions are small, and the food is not exquisite.

• Visited April 2013