“Great food, great staff, great wine!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Aida Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 220 restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian, Bistro, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 175
Description: FOODAIDA Bistro & Wine Bar specializes in classic Italian favorites as well as an eclectic mix of non-traditional entrees & small plates from a variety of culinary & cultural backgrounds. Our FARM 2 TABLE initiative continues to feature locally produced items in our menus from local farms and producers. We have crafted three different dinner menus options with different price points; Prix Fixe, Small Plate & Entrée or Ala Carte. Our three-course prix fixe menu changes weekly and is available with hand chosen wine & beer flights to compliment the meal. We are open for both lunch and dinner. WINEWe have installed a new Wine on Tap System with 30 Wines on Tap. Our Wine on Tap System is the largest in Maryland and second largest in the U.S!
Columbia, Maryland
“Great food, great staff, great wine!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've been to AIDA a few times; even on our first visit, the owner, Joe, came over and greeted us and thanked us for coming in. We had a marvelous time sitting at the bar. Kate, our bartender was incredibly attentive, friendly, and funny. Try to go when she's there!

The pasta is all homemade, in-house. AIDA tries to source local ingredients when possible. My favorite dish is the lobster, crab, and shrimp pasta, in tarragon cream sauce. Amazing. Not a huge serving, but it leaves you feeling totally satisfied.

This place is well worth the expense - especially when you're looking for a nice meal.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

70% Recommend
Baltimore
“Fish and chips---two guppies and fries”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Went there for lunch today and ordered fish and chips. It was a bowl of french fries with two little fillets---seriously little maybe six inches long and 5/8 inches wide. This was business lunch with a client who was buying so I didn't want to make a scene. Came with a nice selection of sauces but as a lunch entree costing 12 dollars + it was a total rip. Perhaps it would have been a reasonable appetizer but as an entree it failed.

Be sure to look at the picture---I'm not exaggerating!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“If you like wine this is the place to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went to Aida Bistro with my friend to check it out on a sturday without reservations and the hostesses were not too happy about it.Si we decided to sit ourselves at the bar. They have 35 wines on tap and you can sample them if you want. The only down side about this place is the food.It's not as good as the wine! I tried a couple of items on the menu and nothing impressed me, everything was average.The wine is great..that's it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, MD
“Yes, Aida Bistro deserves an Excellent Rating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I'd not dined at Aida Bistro for a number of years, but my wife and I tried it last night. The restaurant's decor has been renovated, as has the menu. The service was excellent, with a knowledgeable server who explained the specials, fixed price selections, and the nature of the wine list and how it was served. The wine is received from the vintners in kegs with nitrogen gas to reduce oxidation. I didn't note a significant difference between the taste of wine from the tap and that from a bottle, but I'm not an experienced wine taster. I was quite pleased by the selection of wines which included quite a few smaller vintners from the eastern U.S., particularly the high quality wines from Red Tail in upstate NY.

The grilled heart of Romaine lettuce was delicious and an unusual mixture of texture and flavor. The chestnut and lobster bisque was similarly unusual and savory. My wife ordered a delicious pork shanks that was slow cooked, fell off of the bone, yet was moist and flavorful. I ordered homemade thin flat pasta covered with a tarragon cream sauce and a few shrimp and shredded lobster and crab meat. All the dishes were cooked perfectly, with the pasta al dente. Dessert was a flavorful chocolate bread pudding which was spongy and not overly sweet and freshly made cannoli.

The ingredients were clearly fresh and very high quality; the owners are to be applauded for participating in the Farm-2-Table Initiative which supports local producers. Everyone wins--the diners, the restauranteurs, and the producers.

Cost? Two entrees, two bowls of soup, the grilled romaine, three glasses of wine, and two desserts was about $125, not including the tip. This was quite reasonable considering the high quality of the food, the wine, the service and the decor. We're not wealthy, so we'll probably save this for special occasions, which hopefully will occur frequently.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marietta, Georgia
“Went for after work drinks and stayed for dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I took some colleagues out for a holiday drink. My first trip to Aida - and it won't be my last. Yummy wines on tap. Bar appetizers were different and delicious. Everyone loved the smoked salmon on flatbread. It's served warm.

A few of us stayed for dinner on this rainy night. The restaurant was busy even on a Monday evening. We opted for the daily special which was a braised pork shank that had been cooking all day. It was served with mushroom risotto. No knife was needed. Yum!

I will be back!
Pluses - extensive wine list, wine on tap, fixed price menu if you are hungry, delicious food, and attentive service.
Cons - none

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Aida Bistro & Wine Bar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Aida Bistro & Wine Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.