“Superb service, delicious food & GREAT wine!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 216 restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian, Bistro, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 175
Description: FOODAIDA Bistro & Wine Bar specializes in classic Italian favorites as well as an eclectic mix of non-traditional entrees & small plates from a variety of culinary & cultural backgrounds. Our FARM 2 TABLE initiative continues to feature locally produced items in our menus from local farms and producers. We have crafted three different dinner menus options with different price points; Prix Fixe, Small Plate & Entrée or Ala Carte. Our three-course prix fixe menu changes weekly and is available with hand chosen wine & beer flights to compliment the meal. We are open for both lunch and dinner. WINEWe have installed a new Wine on Tap System with 30 Wines on Tap. Our Wine on Tap System is the largest in Maryland and second largest in the U.S!
Columbia, Maryland
“Superb service, delicious food & GREAT wine!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I went there this past Saturday for our weekly date night. I had been skeptical about going there because of everything that I had heard over the past couple of years. Mainly, I'd heard that while the food & wine were good, it was very expensive and would leave you hungry. Not to mention the fact that I have a very picky eater (my husband) and he's a 'healthy' boy -- so it takes a lot to get him full & satisfied. But, he chose the restaurant...and while yes, we did spend approx $180 (includes tip) for two salads, two entrees, two desserts and a bottle of wine -- we thoroughly ENJOYED it!! I would keep an eye on Groupon or Living Social for a coupon...or if they have any other specials. I loved the "farm to table" concept...and our server was great. We did not have resverations but they seated us at a high top which we later learned was Mama Aida's own personal table. It's a perfect spot for a special occasion or date night...just keep in mind it can get a little pricey for a full 3-course dinner plus drinks. The icing on the cake was that as a fellow Chicago Bears fan my husband noticed a Bears statue behind the bar. Come to find out the owners were from Glenview, IL. Mary & Joe (the owners) were awesome...so welcoming and down to earth and Mary helped us go over menu and make sure that my husband would not go hungry! We're definitely going back as soon as we can.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
Woodbine, Maryland
“Consistently High Quality Food - But Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

When we don't want to go into Baltimore or DC, but want the kind of high quality food to be found at the finer restaurants in the cities, we go to Aida Bistro. We've been going there for several years and the food seldom disappoints. The specials generally are the best dishes, though their calamari and white chocolate creme brulee are reliable favorites. The wine list is excellent. I've discovered some terrific wines there. The service is uniformly high quality; the wait staff are attentive and knowledgeable. They use produce from local farms and they do try to keep the menu interesting and variable from season to season. It as expensive as any quality city restaurant. A meal for two can easily top $160+ with cocktails and wine, but there are few places in the Columbia/Ellicott City area that offer the same high quality food.

• Visited October 2012
Columbia, Maryland
“I wanted to like it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've been to Aida three times now, and despite hearing my friends rave about it, I just can't help but shrug my shoulders at it. The food and wine are good, and the service has been fine. I'm just not impressed with the menu or the value. My best meal I've had there was a kobe steak that was a special (for $40 I believe), but that may never be available again. I'll go back to Aida, when I have a Groupon or Living Social deal, but I don't think it's worth going there and paying full price. For my money, I prefer Stanford Grill or maybe Greystone Grill.

• Visited November 2011
columbia, md
“a nice restaurant, but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband an I went to Aida for his birthday this past week. We always enjoy the food and wine, but it is pricey. Service was excellent. I can't say there was anything on the menu that would make me want to go back ASAP, but it was tasty, and well-prepared. The wine was excellent, but expensive.

• Visited October 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“City Dining in the Suburbs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Food was delicious and made with fresh, local ingredients. Service was good for a busy Tuesday night. They had many options of wine, which we loved! Will return!

• Visited September 2012