“Nice hotel but not good for relaxing...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Columbia
Richardson, TX
“Nice hotel but not good for relaxing...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a few times due to it's close proximity to my businesws meeting and it's overall a nice place. There is a lake that backs up to the hotel. The rooms are very clean and nicely appointed. There are two sections of the hotel - the main section that overlooks the atrium/lobby and the "lodge" portion that resides next to the main part of the hotel. I stayed in a room that overlooked the atrium and the problem was excessive noise. I could hear all the activity and conversations all hours of the day and night echoing from the hotel lobby and it can be very difficult for a light sleeper like myself to rest. In trying to adjust the room temperature, it was always too cold or too hot and the fan feature did not work which would have blocked out some of the noise. I will say if you stay in the lodge part of the hotel it is quieter, but a further walk to haul luggage. Internet service was very slow. The best part of this hotel is the bedding - very plush furnishings and an extremely comfortable mattress. If they could find a way to absorb some of the noise from the lobby, it would be a much better experience.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
I thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay. I am pleased to hear that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your comments.

I also appreciate you bringing to my attention the noise issue that you have experienced. Rest assured that this is not the norm and we have taken steps to correct this issue. Our water feature in the lobby has helped absorb some of the noise. In addition, we have hired an acoustical company that is installing a special stripping around the doors to eliminate this issue all together.

Once again, thank you for your business, feedback and we hope to serve you again in the future.

At your service,

362 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

This year, my husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Columbia Sheraton in July in one of their club rooms. From the moment we entered to the moment we left this beautifully decorated hotel – it was a fabulous experience!! The staff were very courteous and extremely pleasant – that includes the front desk staff; the staff answering the phone; the staff you meet in the hall or elevator and the very lovely lady in the club lounge where we had breakfast. The room was lovely and the bed was awesome - like sleeping on my bed at home - that does not usually happen when I go away. We are looking forward to coming back to the hotel next July and our friends who joined us have decided to join us also. We also use the Columbia Sheraton as a venue for our BWCC Women in Business networking events and we are looking forward to the ones this year. The hotel at Christmas is beautifully decorated. I think that what is said about the hotel is very true - You don't just stay here. You belong.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Olney, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

From day one of planning our wedding, we have been very pleased with the response and service of the Sheraton staff. Our wedding day was absolutely amazing and definitely exceeded our expectations. We got married outside on the lake terrace on a beautiful day so it was perfect. Everything went as planned!

• Stayed June 2010
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2010
I appreciate you taking the time to write a comment about our services and sharing with other viewers as well. Congratulations on your special day. Other guests like yourself certainly enjoy our special setting for weddings especially as well. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you on your anniversary if not sooner.

My best wishes,
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Walking distance from the the Merriweather Pavilion. Was very quite especially considering we were there for an 80s metal festival. Very nice staff, cute pool area. Over looks a lake. Lots of good near-by restaurants. Breakfasts at the hotel are over priced, but that would be my only complaint.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2010
I truly appreciate your note and also sharing it with other viewers as well. I am glad that you enjoyed our resort like setting hotel as it certainly has a lot to offer.

We appreciate your business and hope that you will visit us again in near future.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

I stay at the Sheraton in Columbia quite often for business and LA McNight continually provides me with top-notch customer service. He ensures that my travel needs are taken care of promptly, making my business-related stays at the Sheraton thoroughly enjoyable and stress-free. Additionally, LA is always courteous and extremely helpful.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2010
I appreciate your comments and sharing with other reviewers as well. We thank you for making our hotel a "home away from home" while you travel on business. LA will also be recognized for exceeding your expectations.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in near future.

Best regards,
Orkun

Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Bebe Miller and all the staff at the Sheraton Columbia contributed to making our wedding dinner and stay a memorable occasion. Every detail was attended to with precision. The staff, every one, was extremely helpful and went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
Congratulations on your special day. I am glad to see that Bebe and other members of our team made your day a special one. I will share your comments with my staff for their recognition.

We hope to see you in near future. Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your comments with other viewers as well.

Best wishes,

Philipstown, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

we have stayed at many domestic and international SPG properties and were thoroughly impressed w/the Sheraton Columbia - I had emailed Orkun ahead of time w/some special requests and he was kind enough to reply and take special care of us for our anniversary and M3 festival weekend - the staff and van driver were terrific as well - we will definitely be back again next year, and when our business travel takes us to the BALT/DC area - once again thank you Orkun and Sheraton Columbia!

-Freddie & Kim Cinquina Jr.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
Mr. Cinquina, thank you for your comments and sharing with others as well. Happy anniversary again. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time at our hotel.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Best wishes,
Orkun Aydin

Been to Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel? Share your experiences!