“Excellent service/staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
binghamton
“Excellent service/staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

The staff was outstanding (especially the front desk) , incredibly accommodating and helpful. The room was large, refurbished, the work space excellent., and the fitness center well-equipped and modern. An additional plus is the location of being across the street from the mall. Highly recommended!

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2010
I thank you for your wonderful comments which will be shared with our staff. We take great pride of Serving our Guests as it is our top priority.

We look forward to having the opporturnity to serve you again in the future.

Orkun Aydin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Barrington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I have been traveling here since 2004. Recently renovated. Even before when it was old and yucky, I kept returning because of the friendly and professional service. Great restaurants within walking distance too. And the mall is across the street.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

be careful if u stay here with ur credit card they like to get charge happy, i found a charge of $136.18 on my account that i had no idea where it came from i called my bank and they said it was the sheraton that i had to stay at over the weekend to attend a wedding. the service sucked. wouldnt stay there again but the lake was pretty.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2009
I truly appreciate your feedback and thank you for letting us know about your experience will at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center. It is through valuable feedback such as yours that we learn of our shortcomings and where our associates need more training.
I would ask that you contact myself at the hotel, so that we may find a resolution to the billing issue.
I would like to thank you for the opportunity to make this issue right.

Orkun Aydin
norfolk, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

Me and my husband were on a short vacation for our 10 year anniversary. We were on a strict budget but felt it was important to have some time together even though it was for 2 days. We were in town to attend a concert at the Merriweather. When we checked in we advised the front end supervisor that it was our anniversary, his name is L M Knight. I asked if there were any available upgrades. First off he was very hospitable and friendly, it was actually the best customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel. I know what customer service is supposed to be because I have worked in the travel industry for 10 years. He upgraded us to club level at no extra cost,and he also wished us a happy anniversary. While we were getting ready for the show in the hotel room, we heard a knock on the door and we opened it to wine and chocolate covered strawberries, (at no additional cost to us). I generously tipped the waiter, and thanked him gratefully. I was overcome with emotion how our trip had gone so far. We were so worried about finances and we were so blessed by a wonderful man who understood what it meant to celebrate a special occasion and how special it should be. On our way out I stopped at the front desk and spotted the hotel manager and praised him on what a good job Mr. Knight has done thus far and how special he made us feel. At that very same time Mr. Knight presented us with a card and wished us a happy anniversary and gave us 2 complimentary breakfast buffets. I was amazed! Thank you Mr. Knight for your flawless customer service and wonderful experience. We will definitely be returning to the Sheraton in Columbia, Md again in the future and other Sheratons because of this experience!! Also one quick note, all front desk agents, waitresses, waiter's were wonderful as well. Best trip of our lives!! Thank you Sheraton!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Europe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

I will state only the facts and you decide!

1. Washing machine was "broken." But instead of the staff leaving the used towels in the room they would collect the old ones at unsuspected times leaving you with no towels. Had to call the reception for towels every day to get new ones and in two occasions had to use the bed sheets instead.

2. No wireless internet. Wireless internet was not working. It took them 3-4 days to fix it. And then it cost $13/day!!! You get a month's internet for that in Starbucks. They had an "internet area" near the reception but it was usually occupied with 10-year olds playing Java games.

3. Very noisy. The place was full of 10-year old kids. Shouting and screaming, the place was more like a theme park rather than a hotel. Not good if you are on a business trip and want to rest and work.

4. Even the staff was very loud. In one occasion one of the cleaners was shouting her friend just outside my room and when her colleague told her there are customers in, she said "I DON'T CARE."

5. Cleaners would come in the room and though away the old newspapers without even asking. I often read articles from the previous day. Newspapers were nicely placed on a desk and I don’t see why they should be disposed.

6. The lobby was always busy and by no means a place to sit. I think they were using the area for private functions. In a couple occasions there was a buffet there too. Also, part of the lobby was being repainted/renovated.

7. After coming back home, I realised that they charged my credit card ~$600. The room was paid beforehand by my company and I have a receipt for this in front of me now. Don't know why the extra charge and I am talking with the credit card company to cancel the payment.

8. My room was in the middle of nowhere. It was not part of the hotel but rather a wooden bungalow attached to the hotel. Room was ok inside by it was a good 5min walk from the reception and you had to go in and out a couple of times.

9. The reception had no clue about the surrounding area and did not even have a local map.

I do not recommend this hotel but it’s up to you to decide from the facts.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2009
I truly appreciate your feedback and thank you for letting us know of your experience. It is through concerned patrons such as yourself we are able to find our shortcomings to address them.
This is certainly not the norm, nor indicative of the type of service we pride ourselves at the Sheraton Columbia.
I would like to further speak to you about it.
Best regards,
Orkun Aydin,
General Manager.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I got a great deal at this hotel for 60$ plus tax. It is nicely located outside major traffic jams, 30mi to downtown Baltimore; stayed here for a soccer game downtown and it was perfect; the rooms are quite large and the interior looks nice, though some of the elevators are a bit old; the breakfast was delicious, they make eggs to order as part of the buffet; free parking included. It's located on the lake, so very nice view if you have a room on that side of the hotel and also from the restaurant. Downside: the A/C unit is very noisy and it's not central air, but a wall unit, so I had to turn it off in order to sleep which actually made the room even cooler since the rest of the hotel is on A/C at around 68 in common many areas. Also, you can't open the windows at all. Overall, a good deal for the money.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

The hotel was in a very good location minutes away from restaurants and other necessary facilities. Directly across the street from the mall and easily accessible to major highways. I particularly liked the attentiveness and respect that was shown by the staff. The hotel also sits on a lake which makes for an excellent place to relax and enjoy your loved ones. The food was excellent and the banquet and other meeting rooms were nice.

I would have appreciated ice and vending on each floor, as opposed to on the first floor only in the "lodge" portion of the hotel. Overall, a very, very good hotel. We enjoyed our stay immensely.

• Stayed July 2009

Been to Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel? Share your experiences!