“Gray family reunion 2009” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Philadelphia, PA
“Gray family reunion 2009”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

The hotel was in a very good location minutes away from restaurants and other necessary facilities. Directly across the street from the mall and easily accessible to major highways. I particularly liked the attentiveness and respect that was shown by the staff. The hotel also sits on a lake which makes for an excellent place to relax and enjoy your loved ones. The food was excellent and the banquet and other meeting rooms were nice.

I would have appreciated ice and vending on each floor, as opposed to on the first floor only in the "lodge" portion of the hotel. Overall, a very, very good hotel. We enjoyed our stay immensely.

• Stayed July 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

Starwood is going down the drain

1.They made me pay for both rooms upfront before checkout over $400.00
2.The room they gave me was in the back of hotel in a old section with no elevators(I had a older person with walker with me who could not walk up and down stairs ). I had to carry luggage down 3 flights of stairs after I just drove for 10 hours .(For 60.00 I could have had a elevator at a best western )
3. Only 3 handicaps spaces for entire hotel.
4.In the tower section of hotel they only had one elevator that was working

• Stayed July 2009
jsmom9columbia, manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2009
We certainly apologize about your experience as it is not the norm, nor indicative of the type of service we pride ourselves at our hotel. If you would, please contact me at 410-730-3900 or at my email address Orkun.aydin@ihrco.com so that I can further assist you.
Once again, our apologies and look forward to hearing from you.

Orkun Aydin, General Manager
Kansas City, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

This was a very nice, unusual hotel. We stayed in the lodge part of the hotel, and the room was very large, nicely appointed, and looked out onto a very nice natural scene, overlooking a wooded area and a lake. We checked in early and when there were few other guests in our wing, the room had a very nice, natural atmosphere. The problem came when other guests checked in, the hotel walls are VERY thin, in fact someone else's baby in another room woke me in the middle of the night, which is very unusual. Normally when a hotel is noisy it is noise from people slamming doors, or being noisy in the halls, I have never been woken by noise from someone elses room . If you have a stay here where you have no one adjoining you, you will probably have a good experience. Even with the thin walls, we enjoyed our stay, but with the thin walls the potential exists that you may not get a good night's sleep. I would reccomend the hotel to a friend but with a major caveat that if they are a light sleeper, they probably should stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Lafayette, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

Sleek, modern 'new' lobby. Clean, comfortable, refreshed rooms. Excellent service from all of the hotel staff members. What a treat to stay at the Sheraton Columbia Town Centre.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

The hotel is closer to Baltimore without all of the congestion. It has a very unique setting. It is nestled on a lake with a path leading to waterside bars and restaurants with a very festive atmosphere. The hotel was recently renovated and looks great! The fitness center was far superior to the run-of-the-mill gyms (closets) typically found in business hotels. I use to come here a few years ago and cannot believe the transformation. Kudos to whomever owns the place and invested the money to make it into a true gem!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
countindayz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

I had a really unpleasant experience here for a small business trip. The lady that checked me in was extremely rude for no apparent reason. I felt guilty for breathing. I was put in a room far from the main hotel, at the bottom of some stairs. They are renovating that there were about 6 contruction workers - all men - right there talking and laughing, but all watched me go in to my room, so they knew a single woman was staying there alone. That was unsettling. There were still there, just talking when I went to the gym and when I came back. They continued to loiter outside of my room chatting with the women that clean the rooms until about 11:00 at night, very loudly talking in another language. The room was small and walls were paper thin. I heard every single noise outside of my room, even if I turned the tv on to mussle the outside noise. I felt very vulnerable and scared. I have traveled for over 15 years alone for business and never once felt this way.

Also, the hotel is FAR from being renovated. It is annoying that they don't close certain areas where contruction is going on. You get no sleep...constant drilling and workers yelling.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
jsmom9columbia, manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2009
Once again, our apologies and look forward to hearing from you.

Orkun Aydin, General Manager
pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

I would like to thank Ms. Tobin and a gentleman named Vernon who work in guest services at the hotel. We were disappointed on our arrival, by the intrusion of the renovations in progress, we couldn't find our room, or get ice. They were very accommodating and went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay. And we did. Thank you so much.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel? Share your experiences!