“A terrific stay in a very comfortable atmosphere .” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Columbia
Spotsylvania, Virginia
“A terrific stay in a very comfortable atmosphere .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here for one night last week and enjoyed a peaceful setting for a little rest and relaxation. The room was clean, amenities plentiful- such as the robe, Starbucks coffee, and the Club Lounge continental breakfast. I was in a Tower room which was quiet and had a beautiful view of the lake. My mini stay was all I could ask for; and the bed was completely luxurious! My head hit the cushy pillow and I fell asleep in record time. Overall, I was very pleased and would be happy to stay here again. Thank you!

Room Tip: I recommend the tower rooms highly!
Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I am very happy that you found the hotel, the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and the surroundings to be pleasing. I will share your input with the associates and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Long Island, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We traveled down for a two night stay for a wedding here and found the surrounding area beautiful and convenient. There should be only nice things to say about the hotel but I couldn't find many. The staff made zero attempt to cater to the guests. There was an infestation of ants on the pool deck, there was a standing water 3 inch deep 4 foot long puddle in front of the entrance to our room, even the soda machines were out of order, and in the three days we were there not one attempt to rectify any of these problems was made. On top of that they put a large hold on the card you use to check in, more than the actual bill, which wasn't small, and they don't tell you that it will take over a week to clear even if you pay in cash until you check out. The Sunday buffet was actually very good but real pricey.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review. I will be investigating the issues you outlined and make corrections. I share your concern with the approach of the front desk and we will retrain. Thank you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our family booked this hotel for a one night stay, since our daughter had a softball tournament in the area. We arrived at 2pm in between games to see if we could check in. ( check in is at 4pm). I was told our room was not ready and to come back later. Not a problem, since I knew I was early anyway. When I asked the front desk when I would be able to check in, she rolled her eyes and told me " the room will be ready when it's ready." So much for the friendly service.

We came back at 8pm to check in. Our room was ready. The room was low to average. The room had a musty smell. Carpet had stains, bathroom had mold around the bottom of the toilet. One of the three lamps was out. Beds were average... Nothing wonderful but not bad. Although, I didn't really get a chance to sleep since we were kept up all night by loud guests.

The hotel was extremely loud and when I say loud, I mean loud! There were people in the lobby at 2am hanging out and being as loud as possible and the front desk did nothing. The walls are super thin as well. This hotel has an atrium lobby with doors facing the lobby on all floors. The noise really carries.

I would think twice about staying here, especially if you have children as the noise will keep them up. Even if the room was free, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review on the property - I am very sorry for the inconveniences you suffered. I will speak with the desk staff and our overnight security about how to better handle the noise that does travel in the atrium - though a beautiful feature it does carry noise. I hope that this will not keep you from returning and I assure you we will take corrective action based on your input.
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I visited Sheraton in Columbia for a wedding reception.
The location is pretty – hotel overlooks the lake. Parking was convenient and free. Yes, the décor is dated, but not terrible. Food at the reception was barely passable.
The really bad part were the plates for the reception. They were thick ceramic white plates that looked dirty and scraped because they have been used past their “expiration date”. To cater a wedding reception using those plates is a shame.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for the input on your experience at a wedding at the porperty. I am sorry you found the food and china not to your standing. I will review the food issues immediately with our Executive Chef as, though normally we recieve very positive feedback, he is very interested in what our customer thinks of the quaility of the food. Regarding the china, though we have different patterns, I understand your input and will work on bringing in new china in the months to come. Thank you.
Purcellville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here one night, prior to my participating in the Columbia Triathlon. The room was spacious, but obviously in need of an upgrade. We stayed on the far side of the property on the bottom floor - and there was a damp mustiness to the room.
We did appreciate the 12:00 checkout time and the price was very reasonable. The staff were very nice and a front desk attendant walked us through the property to find our room - which would have been difficult to navigate without him.
Overall, a convenient location, but in need of some upkeep/renovations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for the survey - we always appreciate the feedback. I am glad you liked the property and we always look forward to hosting the athletes for the triathalons. I will personally review the room you were in and ensure that we make the neccessary fixes in the room - thank you.
Look forward to your future stay with us.
York, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed here at the advice of a friend who also frequents this establishment for the M3 Rock Festival weekend in May each year. The main reason for this is due to the fact that so many bands that play at the festival also stay at this hotel, plus it's also very close to Clyde's (an upscale bar/grill hangout within walking distance of the hotel).

Overall the room was fine, a little bigger than your average Super 8, Comfort Inn type of room but nothing extravagant. It was clean, the linens were fresh and everything worked as expected however it was quite overpriced in my opinion. The rate of 229.00 per night for a basic room, again although nice, is way out of what I normally go for and overpriced. I'm sure they jack up the rates for local events like M3 but still. My 6th floor room had basic features such as the HD TV, Wifi, desk, etc. Things you'd normally expect in a basic room at any hotel. King size bed was fine but not over the top more comfortable than other places.

The towels were exceptionally nice and soft and there were several extras in the bathroom.

The Wifi is somewhat confusing if you're not paying attention. When accessing it you must sign in of course, but it then gives you an option of "free for 24 hours" or 9.95 billed to room. I didn't need it since my 4G phone was more than sufficient but if I were someone using wifi I'd definitely check into that just to be safe.

One thing about check in, if you use a debit/check card they will put a hold for the balance of your stay on your card immediately but other expenses jacked up the hold on my card an extra 50.00. I questioned this at the front desk and they couldn't explain it other than to say "it should drop off when you check out". Should?? When it's my check card you better be sure of your answer.

As it turns out the extra 50.00 did drop off but I question the reason behind taking that extra money in a pending state regardless of the general policy of the hotel. Apparently those additional expenses aren't held against you if you use a regular credit card.

Overall I probably will stay here again because it is a hot spot for people at the festival, including the bands. If that wasn't the case though I'd be just as happy spending 140.00 less per night at another hotel. I will in the future not be paying with a debit card and will either pay with cash at the time of check in or use a credit card.

Another issue I had was that I asked the front desk at check in about the use of a roll out cot for my room. They said I could just ask for it when I came back that night (rather than request it at check in) from the show that night and they'd send it up (25.00 extra per night). As it turns out I came back about midnight or so, asked the front desk for one and they said they might have one and if so they'd send it up. That never happened.

Overall it's a nice hotel, the grounds were clean, most of the staff was helpful except for the front desk, and the experience although far from perfect wasn't all bad.

*This is my second attempt at a review for this hotel; the first one didn't fully submit correctly.*

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for posting a detailed review of the property. The M3 festival as well as other festivals sell out very quickly and, though we do not charge additional, we do charge or normal base rates for the property. We enjoy hosting the bands and fans and continue to make arrangements to be able to better serve all our guests. Look forward to welcoming you back next year for the show!
Wurtsboro, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Was really amazed at the hotel after reading some people wrote yes it was pricey but the room we had was real large on the first floor .but it was clean. Up to date Came in an out all night long the group I was with was rather loud .The buffet was alittle high priced but the food was good and hot .The staff was really friendly and helped in anyway they could ,Had a sick friend(hung over) in the room. I asked if I could bring back some fruit for her .and was told no problem.As for stink bug did not see any bugs. The grounds around the hotel was real nice with a lake and walking path.as for the walk to the event it was no problem .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thanks for writing about your experience at the property - we are glad you emjoyed your stay and hopefully the fesitval as well. I will pass along your comments to our food and beverage associates - I am sure they will appreciate. Looking forward to welcoming you back next year.

Been to Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel? Share your experiences!