“Pretty good” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Medford, Oregon
“Pretty good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Had read some reviews of this hotel before arrival and was kind of dreading our night there - lots of people going on and on about stink bugs - not sure what they are but didnt sound good!
Anyway got there and staff were quite friendly and helpful and although it did take some time did get my rooms sorted a little earlier than expected. Guest laundry and internet good and quite a good location.
Nice (man made?) lake behind the hotel with path alongside it which was nice and very close to what was apparently a pretty good mall - I was out riding my bike and again pretty good location for that.
Didnt make it to the bar or restaurant but the standard of the hotel was pretty good and would use again...

Room Tip: We were in the lodge and rooms ok - tower night be better but cant confirm that
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about the property - glad you enjoyed your stay and the surrounding area. Hopefully on a future stay you will be able to experience the outlets - our great Sheraton Social Hour - and the mall. Looking foward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Management and front desk service was extremely poor. I had left my phone charger at the hotel and called to confirm they had it and the time I could come by to pick it up. Drove 40 minutes at the confirmed time only to find that they had locked it in a safe and the only person with access to it would be available the next morning, and told me to come back again.

I asked if they could mail it to me and they said they weren't sure and would have to get back to me. Waited. No call. Called the hotel multiple times and still could not get a yes or no regarding sending it by mail. They still expected me to drive 40 minutes back to the hotel. Horrible service from the night desk person - she was not remotely helpful. Finally, a friend who was in the area offered to swing by to pick it up on the way back.

The hotel room itself was satisfactory but management is so much better at the BWI locations (Westin, Sheraton and Four Points at BWI).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I am very sorry to hear about the situation with your phone - I will review this with the staff. Hopefully you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
effort pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Went here for business spent only one day. The staff was very friendly. The hotel was very clean and the lunch we had during the seminar was very good. The setting is nice as well there is a small lake in the back of the property with a board walk type dock that you can walk about a quarter mile along the lake was very nice.

I believe this hotel is used more for business it's not like you would travel here for a vacation possibly to stay when traveling by. I would recommend this hotel met all my expectations.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the associates and dining experience. I will share these comments with our associates. Thanks again and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This used to be a very worn out hotel. In the last year or so they renovated the lobby and tower rooms. Not sure about the Lodge area. Lobby is very comfortable; so are the rooms. Club level was a little noisy, not sure why since it's the top floor.

The catering department could use a little help though. Lobby internet was having issues when I was there.

Overall, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about the property. We finished a major renovation back in 2009 and have bee n making upgrades since. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We also make some increases to our internet bandwidth and will certainly look into the challenges you experienced.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was expecting much nicer from a Sheraton, especially since we are SPG Preferred Guest Members I was expecting to be treated like a Preferred SPG memeber, I would hate to see if you were NOT an SPG Member!! . They put us in an area they call " The Lodge" instead of the "Tower" The room was way at the other end of the complex and was very hard to find in the dark, since the room numbers were not listed on the buildings outside , you actually had to guess and use your key to go inside each building before you found out that was not your building, and it was sleeting that night, was not a well lite area either. We made our Reservation at least 2 months in advance directly with Reservations as SPG Members, we informed them that we would be a late arrival probably around midnight to please save our room, and they had our Credit Card to bill us even if we did not show. When the Original reservation was made we requested a KIng bed. Upon arrival we were told there we no king beds avilable only dbls. I told the woman that I made the reservation requesting a King and showed her my reservation paper work which was confirmed a King Bed SPG Member, well all of a sudden they found one......... ??? The Room left alot to be desired, tons of chipping paint on door frames, old carpeting, bathroom needed some updating, the wood vanity was peeling wood off of it. IF I elected to stay here again I would request the " Tower" becuase I think the Tower rooms are newer, maybe?

Room Tip: Try to ask for a "Tower" Room NOT a Lodge Room as I believe these rooms are older and need...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of the property. I will certainly review this with all our associates as we value all our guests as well as wanting to exceed the expectations of our SPG clients. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance and I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a business trip; it was recommended by our clients. It's in a suburban location near a mall, so nothing special although some rooms look out onto a pretty lake. The staff made this a five star hotel. The front desk, restaurant and bar staff, and a hotel worker who walked me to the hard to find fitness room--all were excellent and incredibly friendly. They turned a good hotel into an excellent stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on the property and our associates. I will certainly pass them along. I am very pleased we met you expectations and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for just one night and was very happy. Now I must preface this by saying that I am a platinum SPG ember, so I was clearly treated better than the average for that reason. But I stay at a lot of Sheratons and this one gave me the best treatment of all of them, so I have to assume that their customer service is above the average.

So my stay was booked as just a normal king room, but at check in I was given the keys and told that I was upgraded. Now many towels say that, but when you get to the room you can't figure out what part of the room is the upgraded part. But in this case it was clear since I was given the penthouse suite which was actually a top floor penthouse consisting of the regular king bed room and a connecting huge living room 2 to 3 times te size of the bedroom. It had a number of couches and chairs and tables and such, and would have comfortably hosted a party of 15 to 20 people. It also had its own full bathroom in the living room and a small kitchen area with fridge and wet bar. The room was also kind of curved with windows facing out along about a 60 degree arc, so it had a great view of the river below. It was really a cool room and I really wished I would have had a dozen friends in the area to invite over for a party. But it was just me in this huge suite, so I tried out all the seating and just enjoyed myself.

So here is a summary of the good and bad points that I noticed:

Good:
-great pillows
-awesome huge penthouse suite with super views
-super fast check in; they had my keys waiting for me and I was checked in in under 10 seconds
-the hotel had free hot chocolate and cookie stations set up around the property (it was X-mas season) which was a really nice touch.
-the executive lounge had a very nice breakfast and evening appetizer set up, with very nice lounge attendants. Much better than other Sheraton lounges I've been in lately. The only negative was that later in the evening about an hour before the lounge closed a group of hotel employees or some thing like that came up and had an employee meeting in the lounge, thus taking it over and eating up all the food. I had already eaten, but guests that came later left pretty much empty handed.

Bad:
-the main couch in the living room area was dated and stained. It was pretty nasty.
-although there was a nice kitchen area and wet bar in the suite, there were no glasses at ll to drink out of. That's like giving me a great TV, but no remote... It's still usable but not nearly as nice as it could be.
-the bed wasn't very good. Not the worst ever, but definitely not as comfortable as the average Sheraton bed.

In the end I was extremely happy with this stay and loved the hotel. I will definitely be back next time in the area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the SPG benefits that come along with your platinum status...I look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon.

Been to Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel? Share your experiences!