“Very nice since they renovated” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very nice since they renovated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This used to be a very worn out hotel. In the last year or so they renovated the lobby and tower rooms. Not sure about the Lodge area. Lobby is very comfortable; so are the rooms. Club level was a little noisy, not sure why since it's the top floor.

The catering department could use a little help though. Lobby internet was having issues when I was there.

Overall, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about the property. We finished a major renovation back in 2009 and have bee n making upgrades since. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We also make some increases to our internet bandwidth and will certainly look into the challenges you experienced.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was expecting much nicer from a Sheraton, especially since we are SPG Preferred Guest Members I was expecting to be treated like a Preferred SPG memeber, I would hate to see if you were NOT an SPG Member!! . They put us in an area they call " The Lodge" instead of the "Tower" The room was way at the other end of the complex and was very hard to find in the dark, since the room numbers were not listed on the buildings outside , you actually had to guess and use your key to go inside each building before you found out that was not your building, and it was sleeting that night, was not a well lite area either. We made our Reservation at least 2 months in advance directly with Reservations as SPG Members, we informed them that we would be a late arrival probably around midnight to please save our room, and they had our Credit Card to bill us even if we did not show. When the Original reservation was made we requested a KIng bed. Upon arrival we were told there we no king beds avilable only dbls. I told the woman that I made the reservation requesting a King and showed her my reservation paper work which was confirmed a King Bed SPG Member, well all of a sudden they found one......... ??? The Room left alot to be desired, tons of chipping paint on door frames, old carpeting, bathroom needed some updating, the wood vanity was peeling wood off of it. IF I elected to stay here again I would request the " Tower" becuase I think the Tower rooms are newer, maybe?

Room Tip: Try to ask for a "Tower" Room NOT a Lodge Room as I believe these rooms are older and need...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of the property. I will certainly review this with all our associates as we value all our guests as well as wanting to exceed the expectations of our SPG clients. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance and I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a business trip; it was recommended by our clients. It's in a suburban location near a mall, so nothing special although some rooms look out onto a pretty lake. The staff made this a five star hotel. The front desk, restaurant and bar staff, and a hotel worker who walked me to the hard to find fitness room--all were excellent and incredibly friendly. They turned a good hotel into an excellent stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on the property and our associates. I will certainly pass them along. I am very pleased we met you expectations and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for just one night and was very happy. Now I must preface this by saying that I am a platinum SPG ember, so I was clearly treated better than the average for that reason. But I stay at a lot of Sheratons and this one gave me the best treatment of all of them, so I have to assume that their customer service is above the average.

So my stay was booked as just a normal king room, but at check in I was given the keys and told that I was upgraded. Now many towels say that, but when you get to the room you can't figure out what part of the room is the upgraded part. But in this case it was clear since I was given the penthouse suite which was actually a top floor penthouse consisting of the regular king bed room and a connecting huge living room 2 to 3 times te size of the bedroom. It had a number of couches and chairs and tables and such, and would have comfortably hosted a party of 15 to 20 people. It also had its own full bathroom in the living room and a small kitchen area with fridge and wet bar. The room was also kind of curved with windows facing out along about a 60 degree arc, so it had a great view of the river below. It was really a cool room and I really wished I would have had a dozen friends in the area to invite over for a party. But it was just me in this huge suite, so I tried out all the seating and just enjoyed myself.

So here is a summary of the good and bad points that I noticed:

Good:
-great pillows
-awesome huge penthouse suite with super views
-super fast check in; they had my keys waiting for me and I was checked in in under 10 seconds
-the hotel had free hot chocolate and cookie stations set up around the property (it was X-mas season) which was a really nice touch.
-the executive lounge had a very nice breakfast and evening appetizer set up, with very nice lounge attendants. Much better than other Sheraton lounges I've been in lately. The only negative was that later in the evening about an hour before the lounge closed a group of hotel employees or some thing like that came up and had an employee meeting in the lounge, thus taking it over and eating up all the food. I had already eaten, but guests that came later left pretty much empty handed.

Bad:
-the main couch in the living room area was dated and stained. It was pretty nasty.
-although there was a nice kitchen area and wet bar in the suite, there were no glasses at ll to drink out of. That's like giving me a great TV, but no remote... It's still usable but not nearly as nice as it could be.
-the bed wasn't very good. Not the worst ever, but definitely not as comfortable as the average Sheraton bed.

In the end I was extremely happy with this stay and loved the hotel. I will definitely be back next time in the area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the SPG benefits that come along with your platinum status...I look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon.
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel/motel runs hot and cold. Hot areas are ; lobby, rear view, location to columbia "downtown" , the breakfast buffet and omlette bar. Unacceptable are; front desk service, "motel wing" rooms, room condition, room assignment protocols, hall accessibility . Restaurant O K but many other better choices. I'll always look for another option in the future.

Room Tip: Stay in the towers or stay away.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to report out on your experience at the property. I was glad to hear about the positive aspects of the stay and will certainly work on the areas that you felt were lacking. Our Lodge rooms are generaly well recieved and offer a more private and 'wooded' atmosphere to a stay - we will make certain to flag any future booking that your preferance would be our tower rooms.
Again, thank you and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Greeted by a wonderful posh lobby and smiling faces. The staff was fantastic and the open atrium is a nice touch. However the room I was in was a bit dated. The comforter was rough and sparked of static electricity (which my 1 year old daughter enjoyed but I did not). The biggest problem was the old and noisy heater/ac unit on the window. Incredibly loud and inefficient. Did not sleep well and would not recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about the hotel - I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Lobby and were happy with our Associates. I will address the heating unit in the room and apologize for the challenges. We hope you have the opportunity to return and look forward to welcoming you back.
Lewes, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I recently stayed here for 5 days with 70 students from Choir and band! They couldn't have been nicer. The woman running the breakfast for the group (I can't find her card I am sorry to say) was wonderful. Feeding 80 people breakfast is not the easiest job! It was very accessible and a great place for a group....right across from a great Mall

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I am very glad to hear that you and the Choir enjoyed your stay with us. We enjoyed having the group and look forward to your returning. I will pass along you message to our Breakfast Team as they always enjoyoing hearing about pleasing our guests. Thanks and again we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Been to Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel? Share your experiences!