I stayed here for just one night and was very happy. Now I must preface this by saying that I am a platinum SPG ember, so I was clearly treated better than the average for that reason. But I stay at a lot of Sheratons and this one gave me the best treatment of all of them, so I have to assume that their customer service is above the average.
So my stay was booked as just a normal king room, but at check in I was given the keys and told that I was upgraded. Now many towels say that, but when you get to the room you can't figure out what part of the room is the upgraded part. But in this case it was clear since I was given the penthouse suite which was actually a top floor penthouse consisting of the regular king bed room and a connecting huge living room 2 to 3 times te size of the bedroom. It had a number of couches and chairs and tables and such, and would have comfortably hosted a party of 15 to 20 people. It also had its own full bathroom in the living room and a small kitchen area with fridge and wet bar. The room was also kind of curved with windows facing out along about a 60 degree arc, so it had a great view of the river below. It was really a cool room and I really wished I would have had a dozen friends in the area to invite over for a party. But it was just me in this huge suite, so I tried out all the seating and just enjoyed myself.
So here is a summary of the good and bad points that I noticed:
-awesome huge penthouse suite with super views
-super fast check in; they had my keys waiting for me and I was checked in in under 10 seconds
-the hotel had free hot chocolate and cookie stations set up around the property (it was X-mas season) which was a really nice touch.
-the executive lounge had a very nice breakfast and evening appetizer set up, with very nice lounge attendants. Much better than other Sheraton lounges I've been in lately. The only negative was that later in the evening about an hour before the lounge closed a group of hotel employees or some thing like that came up and had an employee meeting in the lounge, thus taking it over and eating up all the food. I had already eaten, but guests that came later left pretty much empty handed.
-the main couch in the living room area was dated and stained. It was pretty nasty.
-although there was a nice kitchen area and wet bar in the suite, there were no glasses at ll to drink out of. That's like giving me a great TV, but no remote... It's still usable but not nearly as nice as it could be.
-the bed wasn't very good. Not the worst ever, but definitely not as comfortable as the average Sheraton bed.
In the end I was extremely happy with this stay and loved the hotel. I will definitely be back next time in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Columbia Town Hotel Columbia
- Sheraton Columbia Town Hotel
- Sheraton Columbia
- Columbia Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between Baltimore's Inner Harbor and the Capitol, the Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel is also near Merriweather Post Pavilion, Toby's Dinner Theatre and The Mall in Columbia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Starwood, Venere, Stentorian NV, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.