“Split personality” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
North Carolina
“Split personality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel/motel runs hot and cold. Hot areas are ; lobby, rear view, location to columbia "downtown" , the breakfast buffet and omlette bar. Unacceptable are; front desk service, "motel wing" rooms, room condition, room assignment protocols, hall accessibility . Restaurant O K but many other better choices. I'll always look for another option in the future.

Room Tip: Stay in the towers or stay away.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to report out on your experience at the property. I was glad to hear about the positive aspects of the stay and will certainly work on the areas that you felt were lacking. Our Lodge rooms are generaly well recieved and offer a more private and 'wooded' atmosphere to a stay - we will make certain to flag any future booking that your preferance would be our tower rooms.
Again, thank you and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Greeted by a wonderful posh lobby and smiling faces. The staff was fantastic and the open atrium is a nice touch. However the room I was in was a bit dated. The comforter was rough and sparked of static electricity (which my 1 year old daughter enjoyed but I did not). The biggest problem was the old and noisy heater/ac unit on the window. Incredibly loud and inefficient. Did not sleep well and would not recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about the hotel - I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Lobby and were happy with our Associates. I will address the heating unit in the room and apologize for the challenges. We hope you have the opportunity to return and look forward to welcoming you back.
Lewes, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I recently stayed here for 5 days with 70 students from Choir and band! They couldn't have been nicer. The woman running the breakfast for the group (I can't find her card I am sorry to say) was wonderful. Feeding 80 people breakfast is not the easiest job! It was very accessible and a great place for a group....right across from a great Mall

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I am very glad to hear that you and the Choir enjoyed your stay with us. We enjoyed having the group and look forward to your returning. I will pass along you message to our Breakfast Team as they always enjoyoing hearing about pleasing our guests. Thanks and again we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

A little pricey, this hotel offers excellent service a the front desk and in the restaurant. Clean as a whistle, our room was comfortable if a bit overheated. Modern and crisp, we enjoyed our one night stay as well as the excellent service at breakfast as well as the big smiles we received from the front desk staff upon check-in. Be sure to ask for a voucher for breakfast upon check-in...while we. for some reason, did not qualify, other members of our party did and breakfast was quite pricey.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the associates to be friendly and helpful. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Oakland, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I travel for business and visit the Columbia area frequently. It's been about a year and a half since my last stay at the Sheraton. I was pleased with the improvements that have been made. Basic internet access in the room is now free and refrigerators and microwaves have been added. Those are very convenient features for the business traveler. The staff was very friendly throughout my stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your review - I am pleased that you have found the property improved since your last stay. I agree the increase in bandwidth and addition of microwaves and fridgerators in our spacious Lodge accommodations have been well received.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful stay! Great service, immaculate room, quiet, parking is covered and the location is terrific. The bar served food until 11:00 pm and didn't act like it was an imposition! Good value for the location and I enjoyed the rest!

• Stayed January 2013
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for writing a review - we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center dozens of times...and I'm never disappointed. This hotel is a well oiled machine. Warm and comfortable! The bed and linens are clean and soft. I was on the club level and definitely recommend that upgrade. Pinar and Angela tended bar and though it has been almost a year since staying there, they remembered me, my kids, and Pinar even remembered my drink...Rusty Nail with a twist. Though I didn't have dinner there during this visit, I have enjoyed their sustainable menu. Walking distance to the Columbia Mall and dining options. Love this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for your input on the property and our Associates - I will be certain to share this with Pinar and Angela. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Been to Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel? Share your experiences!