“Very nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Connecticut
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

A little pricey, this hotel offers excellent service a the front desk and in the restaurant. Clean as a whistle, our room was comfortable if a bit overheated. Modern and crisp, we enjoyed our one night stay as well as the excellent service at breakfast as well as the big smiles we received from the front desk staff upon check-in. Be sure to ask for a voucher for breakfast upon check-in...while we. for some reason, did not qualify, other members of our party did and breakfast was quite pricey.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the associates to be friendly and helpful. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Oakland, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I travel for business and visit the Columbia area frequently. It's been about a year and a half since my last stay at the Sheraton. I was pleased with the improvements that have been made. Basic internet access in the room is now free and refrigerators and microwaves have been added. Those are very convenient features for the business traveler. The staff was very friendly throughout my stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your review - I am pleased that you have found the property improved since your last stay. I agree the increase in bandwidth and addition of microwaves and fridgerators in our spacious Lodge accommodations have been well received.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful stay! Great service, immaculate room, quiet, parking is covered and the location is terrific. The bar served food until 11:00 pm and didn't act like it was an imposition! Good value for the location and I enjoyed the rest!

• Stayed January 2013
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for writing a review - we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center dozens of times...and I'm never disappointed. This hotel is a well oiled machine. Warm and comfortable! The bed and linens are clean and soft. I was on the club level and definitely recommend that upgrade. Pinar and Angela tended bar and though it has been almost a year since staying there, they remembered me, my kids, and Pinar even remembered my drink...Rusty Nail with a twist. Though I didn't have dinner there during this visit, I have enjoyed their sustainable menu. Walking distance to the Columbia Mall and dining options. Love this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for your input on the property and our Associates - I will be certain to share this with Pinar and Angela. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Only thing that standed out was the AC in the room was really loud and had a weird smell, othervise the hotel was pretty average hotel. Decent breakfest with omelet station. I would recommend to take the automatic AC off when you aree in the room as it woke me up few times during the night when it turned on. On the minus side, the room didn''t have decent ceiling light, only standard lamps, that had to switched on/off separately.

Room Tip: try to get room above the third level
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to respond about your experience at the hotel. I am sorry for the challenges with the AC unit and assure you I will have it looked into. Please feel free to contact me directly for future reservations and we look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a home away from home. I have spent a lot of time here as I work in Columbia and live in Atlanta. The friendliest people on the planet. There is a high end, fabulous restaurant on site that has a waterfront view and great food. The tower is pretty and new with lake views, the Lodge has huge rooms with a suite feel with all the comforts of home. They have a following of regular business travellers. You can walk to Restaurants and shopping.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your input on our hotel, Associates and our services. We are glad to be your home away from home and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to assist with a future stay!
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a decent, but well worn property with diminishing looks but with large, clean rooms and friendly and efficient service. Not at all worth the $219 rate in my opinion, but it was across the street from our business meeting, so it was worthwhile for us. Several of us had lower level rooms that we agreed felt 'humid' relative to the main floor and I would avoid that level if I went back there.

Summarily...Great Staff with Terrific Service and Attitude, but beyond that, no remarkable pros or cons.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the basement level rooms, it seemed humid down there to me.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your input - really appreciate the comments about our Associates and will certainly pass it along. The hotel does have a Tower and Lodge section; the Lodge is a terrific area with quick access to the Fitness Center, Pool (in Season) and the recreational. I will not in your guest history that you prefer the Tower for any future visits. Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Been to Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel? Share your experiences!